General discussion thread

Okay, the new basic code of the 2nd RCS generation is finished!!!

And it should not suffer from bugs and CTDs as the 1st generation. Running a final test at the moment. Plot and build help texts are still missing. Further more the AI is not teached to the new system! So the AI is a little bit stupid at the moment.

What does that mean? The cultural influence of a city depends on:

- terrain (grass, plains,..., desert, marsh)
- hills
- peaks
- features (forest, jungle)
- cities
- crossing rivers
- technology (bWaterWork, bBridgeBuilding)
- route connections

But the AI doesn't know at the moment that a new route outside borders could expand the cultural influence to a new plot (maybe a plot with an important bonus). The AI doesn't know that research fishing would allow to use the near water resources outside the current borders. The AI doesn't know that the result of building a tree nursery can be losing cultural influence to an owned plot. Or that terraforming a hill or removing a forest/jungle could be useful to reach a plot.

This part will be done for version 5. The update of version 4 is just to get rid of some trouble. ;)

The culture distance of terrain and feature is in the xml files. The penality for rivers is at the moment hard coded in my DLL. Also the distance for peaks and cities and the bonus for roads. But if it is really neccessary I could make them tags in the global defines.

And while RCS is a game option in version 4 it will no more be in version 5. Don't be angry with me but I will force you to play with some new rules. It's like the 1UpT rule in CiV. ;)

Spoiler :

Example:

Tags of the Stealth Destroyer in version 4:
PHP:
			<Invisible>INVISIBLE_STEALTH</Invisible>
			<SeeInvisible>INVISIBLE_STEALTH</SeeInvisible>
			<AdvancedSeeInvisibleType>INVISIBLE_STEALTH,INVISIBLE_SUBMARINE,INVISIBLE_SILENT_SUBMARINE</AdvancedSeeInvisibleType>
			<AdvancedSeeInvisibleChance>-1,30,15</AdvancedSeeInvisibleChance>
			<AdvancedTotalInvisibilityChance>50</AdvancedTotalInvisibilityChance>

Tags of the Stealth Destroyer in version 5:
PHP:
			<Invisible>NONE</Invisible>
			<iTotalInvisibleChance>50</iTotalInvisibleChance>
			<SeeInvisibles>
				<SeeInvisible>
					<SeeInvisibleType>INVISIBLE_SUBMARINE</SeeInvisibleType>
					<iSeeInvisibleChance>30</iSeeInvisibleChance>
				</SeeInvisible>
				<SeeInvisible>
					<SeeInvisibleType>INVISIBLE_SILENT_SUBMARINE</SeeInvisibleType>
					<iSeeInvisibleChance>15</iSeeInvisibleChance>
				</SeeInvisible>
			</SeeInvisibles>

Next features on my list:

- interface solution for the future UpT rule for version 5 (already in progress)
- repair and improve the 'Manufactured Bonuses' code for version 5 -> patch for version 4

It has been long time since last updates, you made my day Thomas! Looking forward for next improvements! ;)

Top Bottom