Inquisition

bmarnz

Prince
I pulled th inquisitor out of Gods of Old.
Added a Religious victory requiring 70% influence.
Changed the reskinned spy to Chugginator's inquisitor.

Inquisition v1.6
Inquisition - Limited Religions

Limited Religions
Alternate version with limited religions. Civilizations can't found a new religion if they already control a Holy city. This eliminates the strategy of founding multiple religions to more easily acheive religious victory. Also increases number of religious factions in game.

v1.6
-Fixed message redundancy bug
-Inquisitor gets -50% if city is Holy City of non-state religion.
-Inquisitor gets +10% if city is Holy City of state religion.
-Updated AI to consider religious influence when using inquisitors.

v1.5
-City name now in display message.
-Player now notified when state religion is purged from cities by opponents.
-Player now notified when religion is purged by opponents if player controls holy city.

v1.4
-Persecution now has a chance to fail. Failure rate increases with number of religions.
-Game now displays message reporting success or failure.
-Fixed bug that allowed inquisitor to be used when player had no state religion.

v1.3
-Will now remove non-state religious buildings.

v1.2
-Fixed bug that drew multiple buttons if more than one non-state religion is present.

v1.1
-Button no longer appears when no non-state religion is present in city.
-State religion is needed in city in order to activate inquisitor.

Thanx to Domino36963 whose thread gave me the idea. Liambane and Orion Veteran for ideas and playtesting. Osaft and Darque for help with python. :)

YOU GOT IT!!! You are the Man!!!

I just have a little request:
Can you do a MODULAR version of this inquisition MOD???? :crazyeye:

I also suggest to put penalities or something to an inquisition act!!!
- For example :mad: in the city should be ok...
- Giving a "REMOVE SUCCESS PERCENTAGE" like the missionary units...

IF you make it modular i will put his unit AS SPECIAL GUEST in my mod: :lol:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=248049

Thanx. You are great.

YOU GOT IT!!! You are the Man!!!

I just have a little request:
Can you do a MODULAR version of this inquisition MOD???? :crazyeye:

I also suggest to put penalities or something to an inquisition act!!!
- For example :mad: in the city should be ok...
- Giving a "REMOVE SUCCESS PERCENTAGE" like the missionary units...

IF you make it modular i will put his unit AS SPECIAL GUEST in my mod: :lol:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=248049

Thanx. You are great.
Hush! You're gonna make my head swell. :blush:

There is a diplomatic penalty for using inquisitor. I thought about adding success rate, but I'm really not much of a coder, just very good at cut & paste.

Since the inquisitor requires python changes, it can't truly be modular. I downloaded your mod and these two mods can easily be merged. there's no common files, just copy my asset folder and paste it in your mod. :)

I wonder, is it possible to use inquisitors on other civs? Makes an interesting option for culture assassination. Also a good motivator for culture whores to keep their borders shut :p

I wonder, is it possible to use inquisitors on other civs? Makes an interesting option for culture assassination. Also a good motivator for culture whores to keep their borders shut :p

They don't work against other civs. I think that would make them overpowered.

Seems like INQUISITORS ARE MISSIONARY TOO...

My State religion was Christ... I went with the inquisitor in a my city with ONLY ISLAMIC FAITH and him Removed Islam and put inside Christianity in a single action! Is this normal???

That's how they worked in the Gods of Old mod.

hi bmarnz i tried incorporating your inquisitor mod into mine but i'm getting a problem with the unit action buttons not appearing on any unit at all is it possible that u could point me in the right direction of why that is happening
my mod has the next war stuff included i have merged the neccessary python files togeather so i dont think that i'm using the wrong files but i'm stuck on where to go next maybe i'm missing something out of the python files but not sure which one effects the buttons?

hi bmarnz i tried incorporating your inquisitor mod into mine but i'm getting a problem with the unit action buttons not appearing on any unit at all is it possible that u could point me in the right direction of why that is happening
my mod has the next war stuff included i have merged the neccessary python files togeather so i dont think that i'm using the wrong files but i'm stuck on where to go next maybe i'm missing something out of the python files but not sure which one effects the buttons?

Do you use WinMerge to make sure you get every line? You're probably missing something in CvMainInterface or maybe CvEventmanager.

yeah downloaded winmerge managed to get the buttons back but the remove religion button didnt work so im not sure whats happening there probably me and my computer skills lol

Great Mod!
I just tried merging this with another mod that adds some modular units. The inquisitor itself works fine, but when I added it, the modular units won't load. The mod doesn't include any python files, and there aren't any xml error messages... Any ideas on what could be causing this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Great Mod!
I just tried merging this with another mod that adds some modular units. The inquisitor itself works fine, but when I added it, the modular units won't load. The mod doesn't include any python files, and there aren't any xml error messages... Any ideas on what could be causing this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Open the inquistion.ini file and set modular loading = 1.

yeah downloaded winmerge managed to get the buttons back but the remove religion button didnt work so im not sure whats happening there probably me and my computer skills lol

make sure you have transferred all python files and double check with winmerge that everything is set.

Checked the .ini file and realized that modular loading wasn't set. I had assumed that the problem was more complex. Thanks.

Top Bottom