Scotland

I would agree with Dunfermline as the capital, to avoid the clash with the Edinburgh city state. Many of the Scots kings are buried there, and there are strong associations with Robert the Bruce.

I wondered about giving all melee units Survivalism_I, as highland warriors were always supposed to be resilient and hardy.

How about a Kirk as the unique building? +2 culture, +3 productivity and -1 happiness?

Nice idea, Dunfermline as the capital would suit better...

Very cool to see the Scots get their turn. A few recommendations;

* Leader - It's a bit disingenuous to call William Wallace a leader of Scotland, at best he was a general or a minor noble. David I or Robert the Bruce would likely be better choices, but that's more of a historical accuracy issue than a game play issue.

* Unique Ability - As mentioned, 15% research bonus is waaaay too high. Scotland is reknowned for its inventors - Scotland should have a mirror of Babylon's UA;

Inventiveness: Scotland generates Great Engineers at 150% rate. Free Great Engineer at Steam Power.

* UB - the Castle no longer has a maintenance cost, making the Scot UB worse off than the building it replaces. I agree that the Clan Castle is a good choice for the Scottish UB if there has to be one, but it needs to be improved - consider the Mughul Fort which gives gold after flight & has a higher defense. I'd go a route to match the UA - give the Clan Castle the same bonus of a Garden, +25% great people.

* UU - Can't go wrong with the Highlander. Solid choice there.

Question.... how would you implement a city/town as a bonus? maybe pick a famous building from inverness?

but I'd prefer somewhere like Craigmillar Castle (Happiness +5?) or Caerlaverock Castle (giving 50% defence bonus) though Dunnottar Castle (100% defence bonus for units within city boundaries/nation territory) might be also a good one

@OP still a good mod though :)

I'm going to pick up Brave New World and Gods & Kings and update this over the coming months.

Any suggestions would be great. I need to do a bit of reading on the new mods in the meantime.

Top Bottom