The following must not be checked.

Max Turns
Policy Saving
No Barbarians
No Esponiage
New Random Seed
Random Personalities

According to the rules, yes :)
I meant more along the lines of, can you guys tell if that is checked?

EDIT: Nevermind to all the always war question, turns out it's not actually an option

I meant more along the lines of, can you guys tell if that is checked?

EDIT: Nevermind to all the always war question, turns out it's not actually an option

Yes, we can see the options.

always war is a hidden option, if they're willing to allow folks to open it up

A couple of test games say that sacred sites is the way to go on settler if you want a culture win. but isn't the way to go on standard size immortal. Was first to found a religion, enhanced it quickly, but still couldn't take a second faith building. And the lack of happiness really hurt expansion. Might just be that it's high risk and I failed. Or that I didn't balance it properly, as I had big faith generation but couldn't use it on anything.

So, my first BNW suggestion is standard/standard king continents culture, with an opponent list. Curious to see how the different strategies work at that level.

So, my first BNW suggestion is standard/standard king continents culture, with an opponent list. Curious to see how the different strategies work at that level.

Would you like to give the opponent list? :)

When I think of one. :lol:

Only put that to avoid natural wonder fishing with spain, etc.

Let's see...

Spain, Polynesia, France, Shoshone, Austria, Brazil, Ethiopia.

wouldn't it be better to avoid DLC Countries for the AIs to keep it open to everyone having BNW? I mean if there is a specific reason to have Polynesia in then it's fine but I'd really like to play this gauntlet.

Yeah the specific reason is that you as a player can not chose Polynesia, because due to their UA they'd totally crush any other civ on such a map type.

Afaik the reason why they don't simply ban civs x,y and z but allow any other civ for the player is that the HoF in it's current form doesn't allow that (would have to be coded new and maybe isn't as simple as it sounds, otherwise it would probably have been done already). So the only way to ban them is to enforce AIs to be playing these civs.

Yeah, putting them as specific opponents is the only way to exclude them from use while still letting the automated system pull out all the gauntlet games. And being able to use any civ will hopefully see lots of tables get opened up. Polynesia (Moai + hotels) and Spain (Uluru/Sri Pada + sacred sites) are two of the civs with significant advantages. Didn't think about DLC, just made unconscious assumption that everyone has it, as I thought that's what has happened in previous gauntlets. Does make sense to make the first gauntlets as inclusive as possible. We'll see what we can come up with...

I suggest to push the cheesy ones out of the way first. (to spark some interest in HOF) - as in: play them, not the opposite :D

Spain - sacred sites (fun, complicated, luck dependent) Emperor might strike a good balance between fun and difficult. Map type: tiny islands or Pangaea. (Something with early access to the World)

Zulu - domination (remember how many were attracted to Attila's rams back in the day?) Small continents, i guess. Immortal, obviously. Anything lower is an insult to Shaka.

Poland - Science. Fractal. Warlord. (Just to test the limits on turn times, like that warlord babylon gauntlet).

P.S: It would be interesting to see some civs that call for generally different gameplay, like France and Polynesia. Or some set ups and/or civs that can force to pick something outside full tradition --> rationalism.

Yeah, putting them as specific opponents is the only way to exclude them from use while still letting the automated system pull out all the gauntlet games. And being able to use any civ will hopefully see lots of tables get opened up. Polynesia (Moai + hotels) and Spain (Uluru/Sri Pada + sacred sites) are two of the civs with significant advantages. Didn't think about DLC, just made unconscious assumption that everyone has it, as I thought that's what has happened in previous gauntlets. Does make sense to make the first gauntlets as inclusive as possible. We'll see what we can come up with...

Your suggestion will be second G-Minor, I have already a nice one ready to start with :)

I have added some of Moriarte for in the future.
I have a excel sheet to make sure I have different games.

i agree on the spain + sacred sites one, having hearing so much about it by now still haven't played a game like this though, terra map and conquistadors maybe (astronomy rush) or is too late?

edit: oh we just had a terra map

Arabia, Immortal, Standard, Continents, Standard. (Domination)

Req. opponents: Boudicca, Alexander, Darius, Isabella, Shaka, Casimir, Ramkhamhaeng.

All opponents have unique units specialized in fighting mounted enemy.

[BNW]

I was thinking of good cultural victory challenges and all of a sudden a cool Brazil gauntlet shows up and Memoryjar submits a great Sweden one!

To be different than those, here is my idea for a CV gauntlet-- Since the (Civ: any) gauntlets seem to generate decent variety and interest, do one with an opponents list to weed out the standard jugernauts people usually use and let them try cultural civs.

Victory: Cultural
Difficulty: Immortal (give or take one level-- whatever the lowest difficulty setting is that prevents Sacred Sites from being the best option)
Size: Standard
Speed: Standard or quick
Map: Continents (or any map with seas that makes "domination" cultural victories harder)
Civ: Any
Opponents list: Spain (to avoid NW fishing), Korea, Babylon (to make it not feel like a science victory), Poland (slightly OP for every victory condition), Mayans, Polynesia (to avoid exploration advantages) and 1 more (maybe Brazil to give a cultural competitor and let people try other civs with culture potential, or some other civ if people don't think Brazil is all that for CV)

That's my best take on a cultural victory gauntlet different from the recent ones concocted. Feel free to tweak or ignore as you will.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom