NEW PATCH - December 19

Then Why didn't they fix diplomacy allready? Thinx they don't have the resource to do it.. If you say it is so easy.

Define the parameters and make sure they aren't gameable.

I read before this patch came out that it was going to focus "primarily on improving stability in multiplayer" and that's exactly what this looks to be! SWEET! I for one can not wait til my friend gets back in January so we can see!
They didn't even worry about prettying it up. Just stability (something immensely needed) in the mode I have most of my 900 hours played. Well Done! :thumbsup:

So the jist of it that you want to make the game much easier to play at all levels? And you want only limited number of AI opponents (which you already have a tremendous advantage over) trying to beat you instead of all them, which would be more of a challenge? Besides, it's easy to avoid a fight with "everyone" if one don't do stupid things.

So I am stupid because of the faulty way diplomacy is coded within the game. Now that is laughable. :lol: There should be no global penalty for warmongering. Local neighbors yes, but not the whole world for the whole game.

Oh BTW I'd love to see your guide on how to play the game in one certain way so you don't aggravate the poor miscalculated AI. If you do things just the way it wants it might not get so mad at you, don't you know? :rolleyes:That is ridiculous and it is embarrassing to think the game has so little depth that you have to kiss the AI's butt.

what do you mean with :
Depending on how friendly and rational you become as well as other civ actions, you won't be seen as the only "bad" guy in this game

Can you explain you'reself i dont know what you mean?

You mean how more AI are warmongering the less warmonger penalty you get?

No wonder the game isn't fixed by developers. No one else besides me and you see any problems with it. Maybe they are just in denial. It is a common psychological malady! I truly don't see how they don't notice.

Moderator Action: Creating a 'them' and then attacking them ("maybe they are just in denial. It is a common psychological malady!") is not conducive to civil discussion. Please heed the moderator warnings.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I am not sniping mind you but that patch is a joke. Multiplayer is just as horrible as it ever was. Long turn times crashes etc. I thought they were going to fix it? :mad::(:sad:

Think of the warmonger penalty as "this guy is a threat, the civ is expanding through force". I haven't played much multiplayer but my guess is a lot of ganging up goes on if someone has the power to take another civ's city, regardless of who started the war.

So I am stupid because of the faulty way diplomacy is coded within the game. Now that is laughable. :lol: There should be no global penalty for warmongering. Local neighbors yes, but not the whole world for the whole game.

Oh BTW I'd love to see your guide on how to play the game in one certain way so you don't aggravate the poor miscalculated AI. If you do things just the way it wants it might not get so mad at you, don't you know? :rolleyes:That is ridiculous and it is embarrassing to think the game has so little depth that you have to kiss the AI's butt.

I agree about diplomacy being broken, but the thing to remember is that we must be specific in our criticism. Ive learned that when I am general with my requests, they will guess on ways to make it better, which may not be what we want. One suggestion is to program the AI to occasionally propose bribing humans to go to war. Also being able to ask the friendly AI's for things.

Asking for specifics does not make the developers feel insulted, and gives them clear objectives.

What a worthless patch.... uninstalled the game.

Maybe when we get an expansion pack, I will come back to it. O well. Hopefully I will find something more productive to do over the Holidays anyway.

...still waiting for an expansion pack to make singleplayer exciting. I'm not going to play online, if I am still bored of playing solo.

Multi was patched?!?

I tried to play online and it was awful. I didn't have much experience playing online before this attempt. 4 attempted games in a couple hours and the furthest the game went was 40 turns with 6 players. Awful lag and freeze-ups.

I feel bad for the regular multiplayers. How do you put up with that?

...still waiting for an expansion pack to make singleplayer exciting.

This is what mods are for. If you want a single-player experience that's a lot more interesting than the vanilla game, you download a mod that adds the kinds of things you want.

Want some extra science fiction content at the end of the tech tree? There are mods for that.
Want a ton of additional buildings spread throughout the existing techs? There are mods for that.
Want a mythology-based system for the early eras that adds hundreds of mythological creatures and effects, managed by a new yield you have to keep track of? Hey, what do you know, I've made one.

Personally, I'm guessing we're not going to see nearly as many Beyond the Sword-type expansions in the future. They've got DLCs filling the same niche. Instead, I think you'll see things more like Civ4's Colonization remake, where it uses the same basic game engine to create an entirely new game.

This is what mods are for. If you want a single-player experience that's a lot more interesting than the vanilla game, you download a mod that adds the kinds of things you want.

Want some extra science fiction content at the end of the tech tree? There are mods for that.
Want a ton of additional buildings spread throughout the existing techs? There are mods for that.
Want a mythology-based system for the early eras that adds hundreds of mythological creatures and effects, managed by a new yield you have to keep track of? Hey, what do you know, I've made one.

Personally, I'm guessing we're not going to see nearly as many Beyond the Sword-type expansions in the future. They've got DLCs filling the same niche. Instead, I think you'll see things more like Civ4's Colonization remake, where it uses the same basic game engine to create an entirely new game.

you seam to know alot about mods do you know if there is a mod that increase the technology tree and add new technologies and make eras last longer?

back on topic: Yeah but the AI is still weak and diplomacy is non existent

maybe i just got lucky, but in my last two games, i actually played without ever feeling like the AI was doing something that didnt make sense (if they were a bit overly sensitive about this or that).

I am entirely against a diplo system where you know everything, but also against the current system which still hides stuff you SHOULD know - I think since we dont see it all as in IV, it sometimes makes us not get why the AI is doing what it is doing. This is mostly a UI problem, and other than the tactical AI, that is what needs the most work... time to create another mod, perhaps.

On another note - why cant they start with some Chess AI and mod it until it works with this game and then replace what is there now? Maybe they should allow limited-smart stacks and have battles occur on a smaller, chess-like sub-map (like that buggy Stardock fantasy 4x).

PS - sorry for any rambling - Tylenol-3 has that affect on me :crazyeye:

What is the difference between "very well" and "you'll pay for this in time"?

Probably already answered, but one causes a further diplo hit, and the other does not.

Its sort of the same as the difference between "we are sorry this have caused a divide between us" vs "get over it"

Probably already answered, but one causes a further diplo hit, and the other does not.

Its sort of the same as the difference between "we are sorry this have caused a divide between us" vs "get over it"

My original question was what is the advantage of selecting the more aggressive option.
It was answered by Pouaki, but thanks anyway.

Top Bottom