Really Advanced Setup

Ok, that was it, thank you.

I thought "Single Player" at the top was simply saying it was a single player mod, never even tried to click on it.

Awesome Mod. It is def. one of the top 10, must have in my book.

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. It's nice to get some positive feedback.

Have you though about giving players the option of building cities 3 tiles away instead of four like Gedmon Earth map pack?

Btw in one of my games as Korea I had coal placed on water tiles.

Actually I'm thinking of going the other way and increasing city spacing by one. I've done that in my Really Advance Gameplay mod (which hasn't been released yet) and I personally find the games to be a lot more fun that way. There's no doubt in my mind that one unit per tile works better when things are spaced out a little more. The AI also seems to do a better job of placing cities with the wider spacing. But to each their own. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't make it an option that can be changed in the Advanced Setup screen. If I could only find a way to make it optional then I could allow the player to pick a their own value.

Coal on water - I'll have to look into that. Do you recall what version of the mod you where using when that happened?

Thanks for the feed back.

I believe I was using the most current version 5 or it may have been 4.

Hey Guys! I really like the idea of this mod, however I cant play with it.
Whenever I try to enable the mod the game crashes.. Could somebody help me why?

Never happened to me. Are you sure you don't have other problems. ;)

Mines add starting unit does not work when I click unit drop down no units are showing

Are you using other mods at the same time?

In the BNW DLC thread someone expressed concern that if too many new civs were released it would reduce the amount of big name civs appeared in game. It got me thinking, would it be possible to weight and/or group civs to increase/decrease the rate at which certain civs appeared when randomised?
By weighting I mean when you select a random civ Rome (for example) might have twice the chance of being picked as America whilst the Inca would only have one third the chance.
By grouping I mean civs can be placed into groups and instead of randomising from all civs a slot could be set to pick from within a group.
Of course these could be mixed and civs could be placed in different groups with different weightings (so Rome could appear at x2 rate in a full pool, x1.5 in group A and x0.5 in group B).

That could be done. I would just have to select the random civs in my mod instead instead of letting the game code select random civs. The hard part would be coming up with something that would be interesting but not overly complicated. If filli_noctus (or anybody else) has any other ideas involving random civs - post them here and I'll put some thought towards adding something like this the the mod.

A couple of possible ideas:
1. Change the active check box to a percentage between 0% - 100%. 0% - the civ never shows up (same as inactive), 100% - the civ always has a chance of showing up (same as active). Otherwise the civ might show up with the chance increasing as the number gets higher.

2. Group civs by geographic location. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa etc... Then add those items to the civ selection list for each player. For example if the user selects "Middle East" for player 2 in the civilization select screen then a civ from the middle east would be randomly chosen for player 2 when the game starts.

If anybody has any new ideas or feedback to the ideas posted above by myself and filli_noctus feel free to post them.

It now works I just disabled some mods that i think might be conflicting.Thanks dude.

PLEASE add beeing able to rename your own civilization & leader !!!

Renaming your civ and leader was added back into the mod in version 5. Try downloading the latest version. I also added the ability to change the AI's civ and leader names if you are interested.

great mod :thumbsup: , i use it all the time.

one queation though: can you add th option to have a worker unit at the inital setup?

That option is already in the mod. Unclick the Combat filter (located under the unit menu) and you can add any non combat unit including workers.

Top Bottom