Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Sounds good, can't wait to see what you have in store. Only concern at the moment is the Chilean colours are awfully similar to America, might look to close on the game map.

BTW, any plans to expand to Central America or slightly earlier civs soon? It'd be awesome to see some Zapotec, Teotihuacan, Mexico, Cuba etc. civs in there. I'm sure Castro would look awesome with you at the helm!

I'd love to see UI for your mods, can you import new graphics for them or will you just have to use existing improvement for them?

Also, on the same note as puoakai, are you considering any modern north american civs? My sad dreams of the Ute in bnw are very unlikely, and I could see you being able to do them and other tribes like them well. at the very least I'm interested to hear what you plan to do when you "finish" south america (finish in quotes because you could make a whole expansion on all the cultures there.)

Blue on red isn't used. I've seen it in a few mods but it looks a bit bad. My advice would be to use white on a brighter, less dulled shade of blue than America's. (something like 0/0/230)

Isn't blue on red used by the Confederate faction in the new American Civil War scenario? I thought it looked pretty good.

Pouakai said:
BTW, any plans to expand to Central America or slightly earlier civs soon? It'd be awesome to see some Zapotec, Teotihuacan, Mexico, Cuba etc. civs in there. I'm sure Castro would look awesome with you at the helm!

Well, certainly!

The idea was to start in South America and go north little by little... Might get Cuba there too... I still have like 1 or 2 South American Civs to announce for now though...

BTW, I'm planning to give this bunch of Civs a name, as "Post-Medieval American Civilizations" isn't really cachy hehe... Another reason is that in fact I want to broaden to not so modern civs too, as the Mapuche and the Tupi are already both a nod to pre-colonial civs too (though I'd still focus more on modern ones), and I have some other ideas in store, but maintain the focus on the "New" Continent...

So I have these options, which one do you like the most?
  • Civilization V: Denizens of Abya Yala*
  • Civilization V: Mundus Novus **
  • Civilization V: Patria Grande***
  • Civilization V: Lands of Freedom and Liberation****
  • Other?

*A pre-columbian name for America as a continent, used by many indigenists movements.
** New World, the way it was written by Vespucci.
*** A term used by Libertadores to describe the unity of the Americas...
**** A fancy way of showing the ideological differences throught the Americas, Freedom being more related to Capitalism and Democracy, while Liberation as a way of leaving all kinds of oppresion, even monetary...
Pikachao said:
I'd love to see UI for your mods, can you import new graphics for them or will you just have to use existing improvement for them?

Well... For now the Farm Crash bug bugs everyone on earth... But, I'm hoping for either BNW to fix it, or to Ekmek to release a new farm model soon...

In the meantime I might use existant art for them... Or have people download whoward's farm-replacement...

So which would you guys prefer? Having less farmy farms or having new improvements that don't look so new?

Isn't blue on red used by the Confederate faction in the new American Civil War scenario? I thought it looked pretty good.

Quite honestly I find the Confederate's combination quite yucky hehe...

Right now the difference is that...

Or, Blue and Red if I don't have a choice hehe...

I think Patria Grande has the broadest appeal.

Honestly, I think there's enough of difference in those colours that one could tell the difference, but others may disagree.

I am curious as to what colours you'd use for Cuba if you were to implement it, though. All the obvious ones (Blue/White, White/Blue, Red/White, White/Red, Red/Blue) are taken. This is what I made a while back before Korea came and rudely stole the colour scheme:

I think I'll go with Patria Grande then... although Pouakai you can still call it PMAC if you wish :p

And yeah, Cuba's colors are going to be an issue... hmn...

According to Wikipedia, Cuba's flag was once a much lighter sky blue, so you could have something like this (colours taken straight from the old flag):

Well, we'll think on Cuba once we get to them hehe... I'd actually think that the background should be red though, don't know why...

BTW... Lautaro's Icon!:

Looks good, except for the eyes. Not sure what, but something's off about them. Reminds me of the paintings from the old Scooby Doo episodes where the eyes would move.

Hah... yeah you're right... It was definitively being more creepy than expected... It's probably (the lack of) shading in the eyes per se... will see to it (however, and thanks god, in the actual sizes the game displays him it isn't noticeable heh)

Ok... I'll send him some maps once I find some...

BTW, as I said I'm planning on including some (very very few) completelly precolonial civs (now that we're Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas), so... guess the Civ:

That symbol at the back is almost exactly the same as the Aymara/Qullana icon.

Top Bottom