unit upkeep

Takeo

Shogun
would it be possible to change unit upkeep and make it more expensive for modern units? it is a little unrealistic to pay 1gpt for a warrior and on the same turn pay 1gpt for an aircraft carrier.

Yeah, why not, They have a HP bonus Box which isn't even used, why not have a Unit upkeep modifier too. You currently have a Unit cost in Government which can be changed, and a Unit Requires support Flag, but If you set the government cost to 2, I'd liek to be able to make some units cost Nothing, -1 normal, Normal or +1 normal, only problem I can see, If your in a government where units dont cost, and a unit has -1 cost, then this unit will 'give' you cash

Actually I think at the moment that the current costing is 'added' up and you pay for the 'troops' not pay individually..

Also I'd like to see a 'food' cost, or even a 'troop effect' where some troops have +/- food/ent/tax/happines

This simple, yet significant idea, is SORELY needed. One of the many "simple" requests I have that would really add to the game. So simple, yet so far away . . . *sigh*

I dont have the game with me while I'm out of town, but isnt upkeep an editor box that is ignored? My guess its one of those simple things that humans can factor in that this AI is incapable of handling. :( As is, it simple builds the cheapest unit that fits its immediate need even if that unit cant fulfill that actual mission. I've often wondered if spearmen werent upgradeable, whether the AI would still be building them until the end of the game.

All you can do is allocate if a troop is 'support required' or NOT
and Each government type has its own 'Support Cost' which is (for all govs now) 1gpt per troop above maximum allowed, You can set this value between 0 and 999...

I cant find if an ARMY counts a 1 unit or counts each unit in the army + the army itself.....

bane, i think you missed the point. its easy to change upkeep costs globally, but we want the ability to make some units 1gpt, and others 2gpt independently of government type.

I think every unit within an army counts as one unit because if you have an army of 2 units and load it onto a transport, it takes up 3 spots.

I understood that this is a request, and I was replying to your

Originally posted by alpha wolf 64
I dont have the game with me while I'm out of town, but isnt upkeep an editor box that is ignored?

AND not to the Thread as a whole, and so I was explaining the upkeep editor box you were refering to.

I was under the impression (and I'm sorry if this is wrong) that you were saying that we allready had this option in the editor... which we dont.

:D sorry bout the confusion,...

Top Bottom