Easter Egg Collecting! (spoilers be here)

if im not mistaken its the logo on a brand of beer, but for the life of me i cant remember what its called.

I dont think so, most of the civ symbols (including the sheaim) are tatoos.

My gf says the fish on the boat on a fish resource tile are clown fish. I think they're just meat. Who's right?

My gf says the fish on the boat on a fish resource tile are clown fish. I think they're just meat. Who's right?

Niether of you are right, look closely at the screenshot. The red and white striped objects are just the buoys for the net. I could see how your gf would think they are clownfish from a distance, but considering the scale, they'd have to be the size of your average tuna or something.

The fish themselves look like some sort of striped tuna or trout, but more likely supposed to be a generic fish and not any particular species.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 350
Now looking at it, it is a bit weird that they use plastic, red buoys in FfH. Reskin, anyone? Unless you assume they just painted wooden buoys in red... :p

2.032 patch G introduces a unique Easter Egg:

The new spell "Wonder" has the possibility of creating a Spiderkin Unit. That is the UU version of the Beastmaster from the Fall Further Mod-mod.

An EasterEgg of your own mod-mods is the BEST ever move :)

but im SURE i saw that evil s shaped dragon on a beer bottle. ill find out the name and report back here later

HA i knew it! the beer is called 'goliath', but i cant find any pictures of it on the internet, the sheim dragon is on the side of the bottle's neck.

I was looking at the planar gate pedia for some info (playin as Sheaim) and I spotted three new things.

The first two are the fact that it mentions two new minotaur types, or maybe minotaur races. The third is that it mentions a Large Animal Stables. The Manticore unit pedia entry also mentions it.

So, Large Animal stables=Elephants??

Looks like Kael has a few surprises in store that are coming up. The two minotaurs might be hidden because I don't see them in the WB. The origional minotaur is there though.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 208
I was looking at the planar gate pedia for some info (playin as Sheaim) and I spotted three new things.

The first two are the fact that it mentions two new minotaur types, or maybe minotaur races. The third is that it mentions a Large Animal Stables. The Manticore unit pedia entry also mentions it.

So, Large Animal stables=Elephants??

Looks like Kael has a few surprises in store that are coming up. The two minotaurs might be hidden because I don't see them in the WB. The origional minotaur is there though.
Actually, those are old things that were removed, but the pedia has yet to be updated. War Elephants used to be a trainable high-tier mounted unit rather than the current low-tier upgrade from captured elephants. Manticores require a Hippodrome now, I believe.

I found the origins of "Caswallawn," Dain's title ->

"Caswallawn" is a Briton/Welsh version of Casselvanius, a king listed by early "historians" Nennius and Geoffrey of Monmouth.

Well IMO Mammon is a great name for an angel of greed. Mammona is a Finnish word that means wealth or money, though it is not widely used in every day language. It is more of an euphemism.

As for Luonnotar, directly translated from Finnish to English that's Mother Nature.

I did not read through the whole thread so sorry if these were mentioned before.

Well IMO Mammon is a great name for an angel of greed. Mammona is a Finnish word that means wealth or money, though it is not widely used in every day language. It is more of an euphemism.

Actually, it is an Aramaic word. ("Etymologically, the word is assumed to derive from Late Latin 'mammon', from Greek 'μαμμωνάς', Syrian 'mámóna' (riches), Aramaic 'mamon' (riches), probably from Mishnaic Hebrew 'ממון (mmôn)'".)

It is used in the New Testament (although it is mostly in Greek, it does contain transliterations instead of translations of some words) in just that way. It is still used (although not particularly common) in many modern languages, including English.

Mammon (ממון) means "wealth" in modern Hebrew as well. I might have also mentioned previously that Bannor is written בן-אור in Hebrew which means "son of light". Definitely fits their theme. Of course Malakim is from the Hebrew מלאכים (actually pronounced mal'ahim) meaning "angels".
A couple of other things from the top of my head: The OO religion echoes the religion of the Iron Islands in "Song of Ice and Fire". They also worship Krakens and "drown" warriors devoted to the faith.

Illians sound like they come from Illium, which is an alternate name for Troy (the book is caleed "Illiad" - "Story of Illium"). No idea why they would be connected to winter and ice though.

The Yggdrasil grows lemons while the Gulagarm apparently grows olives.

The art for the agnostic trait looks to be in Final Fantasy style also.

Abashi the Black Dragon is somewhat similar (in name and art) to the Abishai, the evil-chaotic demons in the Planescape Torment (at least) universe. (As opposed to the lawful evil Baaetzu).

And to cap it off, I think the Mithril Golem is actually the marble Augustus Caesar.

Is Malakim Angels, or Kings? I was leaning towards thinking king, partially because their symbol of a lion is such a common symbol for royalty. Vowels wouldn't have been used originally, so I think it could be either. (The a's are usually transliterated as e's if it is kings, although the transliteration used in the Vulgate for the books of Kings is Malachim.)

"Son of Light" seems to lend more credence to my theory that in Kael's D&D campaigns there was no difference between Lugus and Junil, and that Valin Phanuel and the loyal followers of Junil are much closer to the Empyrean than the Order.

Top Bottom