PerfectWorld3

It's not Cephalo's fault. It's a problem in the code of the game itself or something like that, the same thing that made bombard arrows wrap around the globe before last patch. The Terra Incognita thread has a discussion of it, and its the problem alluded to by Xwarq a couple posts up, as a temporary fix would be to make sure the y-axis and the columns around it contain only water tiles.

Also, I would like to thank Cephalo for making this script for Civ 5, because it was the only map script I played in IV and the vanilla 5 scripts are boooring.

I definitely agree that it's a bug in the base game, but it seems unlikely that we'll see it fixed at this point. My thought was that maybe since we don't see it on every map, there are certain situations in which it happens, that can be avoided. Watering the y-axis would do it, but land doesn't always cause problems so maybe there's something less drastic that can be done?

Is it possible to hack this into multiplayer? I know Civ V doesn't support mods for multiplayer yet, but can I replace the Continents map with the PerfectWorld3 files and get it to work? Or some other way?

We play multiplayer a lot, and in Civ IV, PerfectWorld2 was the only map we ever played. We miss PerfectWorld in Civ V because the lack of multiplayer mod support that was in Civ IV.

Copy PerfectWorld3.lua into your My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\PublicMaps directory. Now PW3 will show up on your unmodded map list and you can choose it in multiplayer.

Awwww... :love:

Congratulations, Cephalo. :clap: I wish you the best of luck in raising your little miracle.

Wow, what a nice christmas "present"! Congratulations and may fortune smile on your family! :)

BTW, children born shortly before christmas tend to be extremely smart (my birthday is Dec 19th :D)

:hmm: not sure, how to apply this to a civ game.

Well, its one way of saying that updates to PW3 might be somewhat... delayed.

But on the plus side, at least he can work another tile now.

Yes, I can work that cows resource that yields two units of pee and one of poop.

Some interesting results:

Spoiler :

:eek: :crazyeye: :eek:

Not that cephalo will now search extensively forthe bug: The default mapscripts can also produce such starting positions, so it's probably not something in this mapscript here, but rather with Firaxis starting point determination code.

Top Bottom