Globe Theater + Heroic Epic + Slavery

Paeanblack

Prince
I haven't seen this mentioned much on the board, but I hope people are aware of it.

Found an early city with about 4 floodplains, and perhaps a food resource or two. 4-5 forests will help. Beeline to Drama and farm the floodplains. Dump the city's few hammers into a barracks. As soon as you get Drama, whip enough theaters in other cities to active the Globe Theater. Crash build the Globe by chopping until you can whip for the finish. Whip the Barracks too, if it wasn't finished in time. A good target for this is ~200BC.

Phase 1: Whip your best unit every other turn and wage war until you can build the Heroic Epic.

Phase 2: Build a unit for a turn, whip the unit on the next turn, and dump the overflow into the HE on the third turn. If you are lucky enough to still have a forest or two for this city, chop them.

Phase 3: Once HE is up, whip, whip, whip, as fast as you can. Alternate between cats and your best unit, and you can produce roughly 4 units every 5 turns.

This city will outproduce anything other production city by a huge margin, and is still effective all the way to Infantry, when it slows down to a unit every other or every third turn. At this point, whip a drydocks and start whipping out a navy.

Paeanblack said:
I haven't seen this mentioned much on the board....

Wait, somebody just brought that up in another thread.... oh.

The concept of combining Globe Theater with military production has come up before - notably in one of the Grumpy Old Men succession games

Adding Heroic epic is new to me, though. Interesting....

You need granary first in that city. I'm not sure if HE is the best option with Globe T. After Nationalism (Nationhood), you can draft 1 Unit per turn (Maceman-70H, Musketman-80H, Rifleman-110H, Infantry-140, Mech-Infantry-200), using HE + West Point in a Good Production City to Build Artillery + Mounted (or Armored) + more troops. If you have an excess of happiness resource or can hold your culture slider at >10%, you can draft 1 Unit form others high population cities avoiding many riots.

Top Bottom