[TOT] The Test Of Time Patch Project

You can find the lua event file in the v0.14.1 download. It's in the Scifi folder and it's called event.lua.

Hello,

Having a problem with 0.14.1.

I have Civ 2 ToT 1.1, patched to 64 bit with Mastermind's 64 bit patcher.

I run 0.14.1, and it tells me that it can not determine the version of Civ2.

Also, Avira says it has a virus, TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen4.

Any ideas please? I have to turn off antivirus to get it to even load.

Thanks!

TOTPP is not compatible with Mastermind's patch (it uses its own), so if you have the original civ2 exe backed up, restore it; otherwise you'll probably have to reinstall.

The Avira flag is a false positive introduced in v0.13. To run TOTPP without disabling your antivirus, right-click on the Avira icon in the taskbar, select 'Manage Antivirus' → 'Real-Time Protection' → 'Configuration', expand 'Scan', click 'Exceptions', then add 'TOTLauncher.exe' to both lists and apply the change.

nvm we good just gota re read all the forums again and find the civ2.exe files

Ok, I am having another issue. Every time I reboot my computer, I can't get the patches civ2.exe file to load. It sits on a blank screen for at least 20 minutes. ToT 1.1 works fine without the ToTTP patch. The only way I can get it to work is a total fresh reinstall. Any ideas please? Thanks.

Well, I had to do another reinstall. This time, I made sure it was not checked. That was 20 minutes ago, it still hasn't loaded. Any ideas?

What i do is open task manager, find the civ2.exe process in the processes tab, and end it. Ignore the warning and end it anyway. Then I load it up again and it works.

Well, I had to do another reinstall. This time, I made sure it was not checked. That was 20 minutes ago, it still hasn't loaded. Any ideas?
Disable all the patches in the ToTPP. Try launching the game (with the ToTPP launcher). If it doesn't hang with a blank screen, enable patches in small groups at a time, relaunching the game after each application. If and when it does hang, roll back the recently enabled patches one at a time. See if you can isolate the culprit.

What operating system are you using? Do you have UAC enabled? In which folder did you install the game? Program Files? Does your account have admin rights? What security software do you have installed? In the past I've had to whitelist the patched executable with my anti-virus software (Avira, see post #768). Try disabling some of that before relaunching the game.

What i do is open task manager, find the civ2.exe process in the processes tab, and end it. Ignore the warning and end it anyway. Then I load it up again and it works.
I had that kind of problem with one of the earlier versions, but not with the latest. Didn't have a blank screen.

I´ve read about the avira thing with v14.1, why is avira stating this "TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen4" thing? (because i´ve run into the same issue)

I used to play Microprose' s Test of Time using the nolimits or unlimited
patch (I can not recollect which), because I kept running into the maximum
number of units (I also like larger worlds); but my old Vista PC has crashed.

Would I be correct in assuming that that particular loader program is not
being carried forward and that the Test of Time Patch Project
is the most appropriate successor?

I have Windows 8.1 on current computer.

Thanking you in anticipation.

I used to play Microprose' s Test of Time using the nolimits or unlimited
patch (I can not recollect which), because I kept running into the maximum
number of units (I also like larger worlds); but my old Vista PC has crashed.

Would I be correct in assuming that that particular loader program is not
being carried forward and that the Test of Time Patch Project
is the most appropriate successor?

I have Windows 8.1 on current computer.

Thanking you in anticipation.

This is, thus far, at this point, the final word on, and apex of development and evolution, of all things ToT... ;)

Top Bottom