Foreign Affairs Department - Term 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please vote in the Council Vote stated above. It is located here. Thank you.

The people cry out for espionage! Or maybe their crying out not to have espionage? Well, they're definitely crying out to at least find out how their crying out. Please post polls for the individual foreign nations on whether we should plant spies. Formal request is here.

Good things to include would be their present ranking and government type.

Request Accepted. Actually, we're due to re-rank our friends too. That could be too many polls at once so I'll do the spy polls for the next turn (after tonight) and then the re-ranks for the following.

And re-rank again. China just declared war.

I would like to suggest looking at the resources (and techs) that each nation has. It could be a signal for a future war (say if the Aztecs wanted coal, and the closest is Antium, they may just want to invade Rome...). Or, if they get coal from someone, a trade embargo might touch off another war. It's also a timer in a way, of how many turns we have to complete a war, that is, a nation with oil can build oil-needed units with a required tech that they might get in 7 turns.

At War
Iroquois declared war on us in 1615AD. They abused a ROP and took PDX.
China and Iroquois agreed on a Military Alliance against us in 1640 AD. Therefore, China declared war on us in 1640AD. China also broke a set peace treaty by declaring war.

Trade Embargos
(With, Against, Turns left)
India, Iroquois, 15
Zulu, Iroquois, 15
England, Iroquois, 15

Foreign Relations
Gracious: None
Polite: England, Rome, India
Cautious: None
Annoyed: Zulu, Aztecs, Babylon
Furious: Greece, China
Does not acknowledge our envoy: China.

ROP Agreements
(nation, turns left, gpt to us)
England, 0, 0
Rome, 0, 0

Other Foreign Pacts
Rome declared war on Greece in 1365AD (with Chinese alliance). Peace agreed in 1600AD. (That was a long war...)
Babylon declared war on Greece in 1370AD (with Iroquois alliance).
Iroquois and Babylon allied against Greece in 1515AD. Hence
England at war with Greece. (MPP with Iro?)
Zulu and China sign MPP in 1565AD.
India and Babylon sign an alliance against Greece in 1600AD. Hence India declared war on Greece in 1600AD.
China and Babylon sign an allience against Greece. Hence China declared war on Greece in 1610AD.
Zulu and Babylon signed an alliance against Greece. Hence Zulu declared war on Greece in 1615AD.
Zulu and Rome share a MPP.
Aztecs and India share a MPP.
Aztecs declared war on Greece.

FA Spending
(Nation, amount, turns to expire)
Rome. Horses. 9.
England. 17gpt + 1 gold for a Trade Embargo of Iroquois.
India. 16gpt + 2 gold for a Trade Embargo of Iroquois.

Foreign Governments
Democracy: England, Zulu, India, Aztecs, China
Republic: Rome
Communism: Greece, Babylon, Iroquois

I would like to point out that both China and and the Iroquios are ready to surrender to us.
The Chinese would give us 30 gold for peace.
Hiawatha will give us one of three options:
1. 19gpt, with 118 gold upfront
2. 16gpt, with 161 gold upfront
3. The City of Marathon, and 10 gold upfront.
Below is a map of Marathon.

I would ask the Foreign Affairs Department to poll the citizenry to find out if they wish to contine this war.

Hmmm, the city of Matathon, now there's a quality trade. We really need a small, useless city in the middle of nowhere when we could conquer the rest of the Iro's mainland cities.
Please Hiawatha, give us a pathetic city that will culture flip in 2 turns anyway, pleeaaaasssseeeee????????

At War
Iroquois declared war on us in 1615AD. They abused a ROP and took PDX.
China and Iroquois agreed on a Military Alliance against us in 1640 AD. Therefore, China declared war on us in 1640AD. China also broke a set peace treaty by declaring war.

Destroyed
Greece was destroyed by Zulu forces in 1655 AD.

Trade Embargos
India, Iroquois, 9
Zulu, Iroquois, 9
England, Iroquois, 9

Foreign Relations
Polite: England, Rome, India
Annoyed: Zulu, Aztecs, Babylon
Furious: China, Iroquois
Does not acknowledge our envoy: China.

ROP Agreements
England, cancellable
Rome, cancellable

Other Foreign Pacts
The world is relatively at peace now that Greece has been destroyed.
Zulu and Rome share a MPP.
Aztecs and India share a MPP.

FA Spending
Rome. Horses. 3.
England. 17gpt + 1 gold for a Trade Embargo of Iroquois. 9
India. 16gpt + 2 gold for a Trade Embargo of Iroquois. 9

Foreign Governments
Communism: Babylon, Iroquois

As you know, the Chinese-Zulu MPP has been cancelled. Should we take atleast 1 Chinese city and sue for peace, like we did with the Aztecs?

Thanks for the suggestion, Octavian X. The President has posted a poll of this sort for me for the Iroquois. I'll post up a China poll though.

The China poll was posted here:
War objectives with China

The FA Dept is looking for a chat rep. Please post your name or nomination here or in the citizens nomination thread here:
Chat Representive Needed

I'm looking for someone with no governmental position looking to help me for the last week or so. Maybe it would be a good time to jump in here if you'd like a platform for next term's elections.

There is a Council Vote in session for the appointed posistions of BCLG and Stuck_As_A_Mac for provincial governorship.

War Status
Iroquois declared war on us in 1615AD. They abused a ROP and took PDX. We made peace with them in 1695 AD receiving 80 gold, Marathon, Ganogeh, and maps in exchange for stopping the beating we were giving out.

China and Iroquois agreed on a Military Alliance against us in 1640 AD. Therefore, China declared war on us in 1640AD. China also broke a set peace treaty by declaring war. We made peace with them in 1690 AD receiving 27 gold and maps of their city-state in return.

Trade Embargos
India, Iroquois, 0
Zulu, Iroquois, 0
England, Iroquois, 0

Foreign Relations
Polite: England, India
Annoyed: Zulu, Aztecs, Rome, Babylon
Furious: China, Iroquois

ROP Agreements
England, cancellable

Our Spies
We have spies established in:
China, Iroquois, Zululand

Other Foreign Pacts
Rome and Iroquois signed a Trade Embargo against us in 1690 AD.

FA Spending
England. 17gpt + 1 gold for a Trade Embargo of Iroquois. 0
India. 16gpt + 2 gold for a Trade Embargo of Iroquois. 0

Foreign Governments
Communism: Babylon
Anarchy: Iroquois

Rome did not break any agreements. We had no trade with them at the time. Instructions to renew FA's gifts were not followed because the turn 3 instruction was forgotten.

FA does not wish to blame the DP because of our focus on the war campaign and that even I forgot while attending the TC. I wish to note that I hope the DP can keep a note on instructions past turn 0 somewhere, so that in the future, we do not make the same mistake.

As a reaction, I cancelled the ROP we had with Rome for the duration of the Trade Embargo. I saw that as an agressive move and did not wish to risk any sneaky actions open to Rome. I also call for increased security on the Rome-Phoenician border.

When the Trade Embargo ends, I wish to resume the ROP with Rome and renew our good relations. I think it was just a misunderstanding on our part.

Spies were successfully planted in China and Zululand. FA has no plans for the upcoming round and is open to suggestions.

For discussion purposes, I was really outvoted on a territory map trade with Babylon. While we have no need for maps, I felt we should amuse our neighbours with trades they propose at this point just to steer clear of conflict. Thoughts?

I agree. At this point, maps are a non-issue. Our lands are essentially developed and maps don't show troops or troop movements. They aren't going to get any new info of any value with one of our maps. The only thing they're useful for now are goodwill gifts/exchanges.

One little, two little, three little Indians...

chiefpaco, we have a trade embargo with India against the Iroquois and they are a polite Democracy, who have normally always been in good standing with us.

But I count 11 Indians walking across our lands and I don't remember signing an ROP with them. Do we just ignore this in fear of war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom