[Map Script] PerfectWorld2.py

Hi

One Questions:
Is it possible to exclude one resource for Food Calculation on start place?

Because we play Base 1.6C and there are pearls on water but it has only commerce bonus and not food. And when we start sometime there are 2 pearls instead of fish ore something else on water.
So no food for the start city :(

PS: We love to play PerfectWorld2

Hi

One Questions:

Because we play Base 1.6C and there are pearls on water but it has only commerce bonus and not food. And when we start sometime there are 2 pearls instead of fish ore something else on water.

That doesn't sound like a negative. At all. That sounds like a beautiful Bureaucracy city.

But the City increase is low now ...
It is worth a try! Or can it ignored (the pearls) for calc?

Some resources are more than 6 times in a area.
Nice to trade but it is a feature?
Thx

Hi

One Questions:

If you don't have a food resource on your start location, there should be a reason for it. Usually players with the food have the weaker starts on this map.

Alot of people expect there to always be a food resource in the capital, but this map doesn't work that way. The food goes to the one's who are hemmed in behind other civs or ocean.

Actually I believe your starting location sweetener only tries to place food first if the location itself is really low on food, otherwise it always goes production, commerce, food, production. Meaning in the first round it tests every single tile if it can place a production resource there, and if multiple tiles are valid, all you get is production bonuses. Then commerce. Only if no production or commerce could be placed AT ALL, you get food. Normally that will happen very often because frequently nothing is valid on land (because of multiple resource placing restrictions), and fish is always valid on water (since it has no restrictions at all).
Which of course does not mean your starting positioning sweetening code isn't seriously flawed, it just works out well enough in a lot of cases - and very badly in other cases, as I pointed out long long time ago when I reported how I got clusters of stone and marble.

@windwind12: try my variation, it should fix that behavior: PerfectWorld2f

Actually I believe your starting location sweetener only tries to place food first if the location itself is really low on food, otherwise it always goes production, commerce, food, production. Meaning in the first round it tests every single tile if it can place a production resource there, and if multiple tiles are valid, all you get is production bonuses. Then commerce. Only if no production or commerce could be placed AT ALL, you get food. Normally that will happen very often because frequently nothing is valid on land (because of multiple resource placing restrictions), and fish is always valid on water (since it has no restrictions at all).
Which of course does not mean your starting positioning sweetening code isn't seriously flawed, it just works out well enough in a lot of cases - and very badly in other cases, as I pointed out long long time ago when I reported how I got clusters of stone and marble.

@windwind12: try my variation, it should fix that behavior: PerfectWorld2f

The theory behind this is that if you give everyone food, then you have almost nothing else left to even the playing field.

Through playtesting this map, I have found that the game is harder when you get the food bonuses than when you get the grass areas. If you give everyone food, then the poor starts are even poorer than they already are.

I think that having a super food boosted capital is an arbitrary expectation. I don't see anything wrong with the challenge that comes with not having one, especially when others on the map have it worse.

I dunno, play it anyway you like guys!

EDIT: I see that you adjusted the amount of expected food in a capital. I probably should have had that as a tuneable option. Also, I don't remember why I had that extra production loop in there. It's possible that reason went away at some point.

I have test it in 3 starts with worldbuilder and only 2 citys have pearls (+food)
That is what i want ... Big thx

Is this so intendedly with the silver and fur?

Sorry for my bad english ...
I understand what you write but have problems with some vocabulary ...

I have test it in 3 starts with worldbuilder and only 2 citys have pearls (+food)
That is what i want ... Big thx

Is this so intendedly with the silver and fur?

Sorry for my bad english ...
I understand what you write but have problems with some vocabulary ...

Strictly speaking, that is the way the XML rules work. It's true that you don't often see those kindof clusters on the factory maps, but that's because the terrain is usually broken up so much that it prevents much of the clustering that is intended for luxery resources. In previous posts in this thread I explain it in more detail.

Basically the mechanic is to provide trade opportunities rather than self sufficiency.

Hi

One Questions:

I just realized that I didn't answer this question. If you change the bNormalize tag to zero in the XML, that resource will not be used for start plot sweetening. There should be no other consequences for changing this flag.

I just realized that I didn't answer this question. If you change the bNormalize tag to zero in the XML, that resource will not be used for start plot sweetening. There should be no other consequences for changing this flag.

I cant found a bNormalize tag ... hmmm
Or i dont understand something ...

I cant found a bNormalize tag ... hmmm
Or i dont understand something ...

In the CIV4BonusInfos.xml file, find this tag in the entry for pearls

<bNormalize>1</bNormalize>

and change the '1' to a '0'.

Ive just discovered this mapscript and after playing a couple of games I have to say it plays wonderfully.

However is it just me, or are the maps a little bigger than stock maps?

Ive just discovered this mapscript and after playing a couple of games I have to say it plays wonderfully.

However is it just me, or are the maps a little bigger than stock maps?

Yes, they are a little bit bigger, but there should be more unusable tiles, resulting in a 'playable surface' that is kinda the same.

I've just released a different version of this map-script. It's one of the scripts included in my MapScriptTools and as such dependent on them.

PerfectWorld_206_mst.py - Version History
Version 2.06 - edited by Temudjin - 15.July.2010
- NOW DEPENDS ON MapScriptTools.py

Adjusted for MapScriptTools
Planetfall compatibility
Mars Now! compatibility
Create Marshes, if mod allows it
Create Deep Ocean, if mod allows it
Create Special Regions (Bogs, Dents, Elemental Quarter, Lost Isle)
Place Kelp, Haunted Lands and Crystal Plains if mod allows for them
Add some rivers on islands and from lakes
Allow more world sizes, if supported by mod
Add missing boni (FFH only)
Move some mineral boni toward hills
Print stats of mod and map
_____
Thank you Cephalo for this perfect map-script. I've tried to be faithful to your carefully designed terrain and invented a perfect conversion system for 'Planetfall' terrains, but for 'Mars Now!' I took the easy way out and used the default marsian terrain-generator. I've also had to ditch your perfect river-system for the conversion, as the rivers of my special regions didn't know what to make of it. Sorry.

Is there a way to easily increase the size options in this map generator? I really like how it forms realistic landmasses, but also like playing on larger maps than the default sizes.

Could you add more options? Like maybe World Age (Basically creating a map, shifting some continents, creating mountain ranges at collision spots and having a couple meteor strikes.

EDIT:

And maybe the number of tectonic plates?

Top Bottom