Am I being PAUSEbombed???

macthelist

Chieftain
I'm fairly new to this game, but it seems that an awful lot of the time I play multiplayer the game gets PAUSEd over and over again until I give up.

Am I being PAUSE bombed?

And on another noob-note: is there somewhere online (or for that matter, in the game) that I can see who is lining up for what and and what level, or am I really reduced to asking my PS3 to find me a game and waiting patiently for a new game?

Thanks.

I cannot stand when people do this! It's happened to me a few times now. It always happens to me right before I'm about to finish a guy off. There's no reason Civ Rev should allow the player to pause more than once per turn. It's so annoying.

This is something we're looking at correcting (as well as some other griefing techniques). Stay tuned.

Wow. Fireaxis actually comes to CivFanatics and reads the forums??? That's fantastic. Big props, Firaxis. If only more companies read the forums of their most fanatical fans. You sure wouldn't get that kind of service from EA. Hah!

>> Wow. Fireaxis actually comes to CivFanatics and reads the forums???

Not that it's had any effect. I'm still getting hit by the pause bomb. It's so bad that I have gone to bed after four hours of (game) inactivity only to get up to see my (previously) inactive opponent clean up my last few cities.

Yeah, I bet game developers can fix problems the moment they see it being reported. WITH THE POWER OF THEIR MINDS. :rolleyes:

We are in the process of fixing this, along with some other multiplayer exploits/problems that have emerged, and have thrown in a few game improvements while we're at it. :)

Unfortunately, the testing process can be lengthy, as can first party approvals. Hang in there, it's on the way.

But I want it fixed as of yesterday!!!

I want a time mashine and I want it yesterday!

Obviously, Firaxis (and 2K) read these forums (and others, as well). Those of us who've been around for several years can remember some lengthy, and very informative, discussions. ;)

As has been pointed out, there are some exploits and other problems that have surfaced since the game was released. But it takes time to develop a patch, and get it out to the users. You have to decide on the best method to fix the problem. It's not always obvious, and it usually involves "side effects" in other aspects of the game. Then you have to code it, and test it to make sure you didn't "write it wrong", and to make sure you didn't bork something else up in the process. You also have to test it against the other fixes going into he patch, in case they have some weird synergy. A "10-minute fix" can take a month or more to actually get out the door.

Since Dennis said "it's on the way", rest assured, it's on the way. Until it arrives though, you may want to vet your online opponents, to avoid finding yourself caught in exploitative situations, like pausebombing. (Remember, some people are so childish that they will literally do *anything* to win.)

Top Bottom