Settlers

Wha1e

Chieftain
My settlers can't join existing cities anymore. Did Firaxis disable this? :cry:

In the sticky above your post is info about patch 1.20.

They changed that to fix the "exploit" of making mega-cities.

Awwwwwwww, that was such a fun strategy.
Does that mean if you don't get the patch you can still Mega-City? Can you still play online without the patch?

Really, you can add settlers to cities getting +20 food, and it was obviously a bug, I don't know why, but this game has many bugs then you can't know what was the problem.

*Or* maybe if you read the sticky post about the patch, you'd read that they did that to fix the exploit of the mega-city, as someone said previously.

Or maybe, if you read what I said, they fixed the exploit of the mega city, and settlers NOW add TWENTY (20) FOOD. Please, don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm not. You can still add settlers and you get 20 food instead of 1 pop :rolleyes:

Really, you can add settlers to cities getting +20 food, and it was obviously a bug, I don't know why, but this game has many bugs then you can't know what was the problem.

This will make the super city strategy still possible, but just probably not as practical. Oh well, I am on the DS anymore so I won't get these canges anyways :)

I have the PS3 version and I just didn't patch it.

Don't play online and don't play Civ Rev much, but I'd like the option to mess with the mega city thing if I wanted to.

Of course, with no trophies, no solid updates and other games out, there really isn't much reason to play it on the PS3. Civ IV on the computer for Civ. :D

This will make the super city strategy still possible, but just probably not as practical. Oh well, I am on the DS anymore so I won't get these canges anyways :)

Yes, needing more than 100 settlers.. :rolleyes:

I still play the game, ON X360 and they patched it in fact, but settlers give now 20 food instead of 1 population, simple. You can't do the mega city strategy, it would be too slow now, while perhaps chinese have already the industrialization and corporation

Yes, needing more than 100 settlers.. :rolleyes:

I still play the game, ON X360 and they patched it in fact, but settlers give now 20 food instead of 1 population, simple. You can't do the mega city strategy, it would be too slow now, while perhaps chinese have already the industrialization and corporation

Hmmm, when trying to get your pop. from one to two you only need twenty food and I don't know what the food boxes increase from that is. I bet you could proubably mega city tod maybe 14 and go to 21 with Hangin Gardens, which still isn't that bad.
Build settlers in a place where you probably have oak resoure and some food and you can quickly build a settler as soon as you get to size two, rocket back up to size two, and build another. When keeping cities small you won't loose any food because it only takes like 10 food to get from 1 to 2 pop. You would actually gain 10 food from the transfer. This way would give you less options in cities and less meganess, but it could be a good alternate strategyd:)

Top Bottom