How Do You Make Advisors STFU?

CajNatalie

Warlord
So you're aiming for a Technological victory... and oh look at that, you happen to have collected 20'000 gold, I guess that's cool, but I don't want an Economic Victory.
"We can build the World Bank Wonder and win an Economic Victory!"
Ok.
You said that last turn.
Shut up already!
Etcetera, every damn turn. It's worse if you also qualify for building the UN.

This is mostly just me venting, since I have the DS version and I'm sure there's no way to turn off advisors in it.

By the time you get 20'000 gold, it's impossible to spend it faster than you're earning without making more effort than it's worth... it'd just then be annoying spending maximum gold every turn.

Make her angry and go for a conquest. Then taunt her.

There's no way to turn the advisers off. It's quite annoying. Not only do they pester you like that in single player, they can cause the game to freeze in multiplayer. Often if two advisers should appear at the start of the turn (for example, you've just taken a capital and changed government), you'll get a hard freeze and get booted from the game with a loss. Really sucks. This is the #2 patch I'd like to see, though I'm sure it won't happen.

So you're aiming for a Technological victory... and oh look at that, you happen to have collected 20'000 gold, I guess that's cool, but I don't want an Economic Victory.
Ok.
You said that last turn.
Shut up already!
Etcetera, every damn turn. It's worse if you also qualify for building the UN.

This is mostly just me venting, since I have the DS version and I'm sure there's no way to turn off advisors in it.

If you have a city making little to no production, start building the World Bank there. If all of your cities are pumping out lots of hammers, set one to the World Bank, but rush some units or something right before it completes, rinse and repeat. That will get them off your ass.

There's no way to turn the advisers off. It's quite annoying. Not only do they pester you like that in single player, they can cause the game to freeze in multiplayer. Often if two advisers should appear at the start of the turn (for example, you've just taken a capital and changed government), you'll get a hard freeze and get booted from the game with a loss. Really sucks. This is the #2 patch I'd like to see, though I'm sure it won't happen.

Yes, you actually can turn them off. If you look in one of the options screen, there's an option that controls how much feedback or help you'll receive. You can set it to none. In addition, there's also settings in config.ini to control this as well.

Yes, you actually can turn them off. If you look in one of the options screen, there's an option that controls how much feedback or help you'll receive. You can set it to none. In addition, there's also settings in config.ini to control this as well.

This is the forum for Civilization Revolution, not Civilization V. There are no config.ini files for console games.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY
"sir we've discovered navigation"
me: we have oh crap got to upgrade dammit!
"sir we've discovered engineering"
me: uh k
"sir we've discovered mass media
me: how did we-
"sir we've discovered future technology"
me: huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
"sir we've discovered future technology
me: i know
"sir we've discovered future technology "
me: have we already discovered that?
"sir we've discovered future technology "
me: ok i get it