New Features & Fixes

I recently added a community mod to add 100% and 0% buttons for each :commerce: rate on the main screen (General : Min/Max Commerce Buttons). They are the outermost buttons (far left/right) in the screenshot below. When I get time to convert all the BUG buttons to theme-based, I'll add new images for them.

Today I added an option (General : Gold Rate Warning) to display your :gold:/turn in yellow if it is negative but won't take you below 0:gold: this turn.

A couple months back, Del69 took some of the ideas in the Strategy Layer thread, originally proposed by Eunomiac some time ago, and built an in-game dot-mapping tool. I think it's about time I posted about this awesome feature!

It is available in the latest SVN repository.

• CTRL + X: Hide/show the dot-map
  • ALT + X: Enter edit mode (showing the dot-map if it's hidden):
    • Left-click color: Set the color to use for new dots
    • Left-click plot: Place a dot and BFC outline using the selected color, replacing any existing dot on the same plot
    • Right-click dot: Remove the dot and BFC
    • ALT + X or Right-click empty plot: Exit edit mode (hiding the dot-map if it was hidden before)
The General tab of the BUG Options screen has sliders to change the brightness of the dots and BFC outlines as well as a few other settings.

EmperorFool, the City Planning tool looks great, but I'm a complete noob to modding. Quite frankly I'm surprised that I got the BUG mod installed. I don't intend on installing many other additional mods, but would really like to have the city planner tool. I feel like I'm over my head in this. I'll list the details below and hopefully you can give me a step-by-step instruction of how to do this.

I've installed the BUG mod to my C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\...\Beyond the Sword\Mods directory. So, obviously I need to load the Bug Mod from the game menu each time I want to use it.

I've also installed TurtoiseSVN program on my computer as it appears that I need that as well, although I'm not sure exactly what it's for (seems like some type of updater).

Once again keep in mind that I'm a complete noob in this. Thanks in advance.

if you only play single player, I would install BUG under customassets in the 'my docs' BtS folder. That will give you BUG without the need to load it as a mod.

See the first post in the Downloading thread for instructions on using SVN to get the latest version of BUG. Note that we are planning a 3.6 release very soon (1 week I hope), so you may just want to wait for a nice installer.

if you only play single player, I would install BUG under customassets in the 'my docs'
BtS folder. That will give you BUG without the need to load it as a mod.

For me that's fine. It's merely a minor inconvenience.

You have two other options:

• Set BUG to autoload with Civ in the CivilizationIV.ini with

mod = BUG Mod 3.5.1​
  • Copy the Civ4 shortcut and append

/mod="BUG Mod 3.5.1"​

to its command line.

I'm doing some code cleanup in preparation for the 3.6 release and found that I had added a few features to my DLL branch that didn't actually require the DLL, so I've moved them to the standard BUG branch.

Fractional Movement Points

The first one allows you to view the Movement Points left for the selected unit as a fractional value with a single decimal place rather than truncated to an integer.

Stack Movement Points

The second one is a lot more interesting: it shows you the minimum and maximum Movement Points left for all of the selected units as a range (always fractional, which I may change to have it use the above option).

GPT on Financial Advisor

The third one hardly warrants a screenshot, but heck, why go half-way?

Gold Star for Active Player with Vassals

Finally, when you have the Has Vassals column showing in the Advanced Scoreboard and you have at least one Vassal, your star is gold instead of silver so that you stand out better in the scoreboard.

That's it. These features are in SVN right now, and you can look forward to a new release very, very soon.

I've added a BUG Religious Advisor to the SVN. Here is a screenshot ...

Note the following:
  • yellow box - shows the number of temples and monasteries that you have build across all of your cities for each religion
    • useful for cultural games as well as making sure you have monasteries before you nullify them
  • purple box - temples / cathedrals / monasteries / shrines for each religion - you need to hover over the religion in question (or select it) to update the table
    • prayer hands = temple
    • culture = cathedral
    • science = monastery
    • gold = shrine
    • I used the same icon codes for 'under construction, can build, etc' as used in the CDA
    • useful for when you are hunting for cities that are missing temples
  • table is sortable
  • click on 'zoom to city' (column 1) to open the city - also closes the advisor

As per all things (well, almost all), this is optional.

I don't see this latest change.
2 things to check ... look under the [custom]assets/python/screens directory for CvReligionScreen.py. If it is there - then you have the BUG version. If it isn't there - then it must not have made the daily build for today - wait until tomorrow :D.

If it is there and it isn't showing up in game, check that you have it enabled via the BUG option screen.

going to add ...

Cities: x/y

... so that you can see how you have spread a religion through your kingdom. Will probably bump the top panel up a few pixels and also put a panel under the table so that it is clearer.

Hey, I just downloaded BAT mod 1.1, but can't find the improved strategy layer. Do I have to download BUG separately or something?

EDIT: sorry, and thankyou mystyfly.

AFAIK, BAT 1.1 doesn't include BUG 3.6 (first release that contained the strat layer).

Please post questions like this in the appropriate thread ("Questions about the BUG mod").

I am requesting the resources from Quota Capita be added with this as well! It's very small but adds more dynamic to the game.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261143

Please use the Requests thread for feature requests (better still, the SF.net Feature Request tracker) as this thread is for showcasing new features we have added.

As for this one, BUG is about Unaltered Gameplay, and BAT adds artistic content to BUG. Adding new resources would alter gameplay.

Thanks to the BUG team for finally defaulting the colored clock off! :love:

I meant to do it for the BUFFY release, but I had too much going on at the time and missed it. :(

I've merged in johny smith's scrolling Religion Advisor and his changes to the main interface to allow for more than seven religions and/or corporations. I haven't done the work on the Corporation Advisor yet.

Could people who have merged BUG in with mods with more than seven religions give this screen a workout? You can specify which religions to show in the top area of the screen (all, founded, or player's) from the Advisors tab of the BUG Options screen.

Top Bottom