Loyal PC gamers finally kicked in teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConsoleFanboy

Chieftain
Oh boy guys

Yet another previously PC EXCLUSIVE FRANCHISE moved to console. Sid was one of the last people I expected to sell out to the lazy 13 year old console playing moron market, but it finally happened.

Loyalty means zero when it comes to making a quick buck. Thank god there are still a FEW developers out there with the foresight to realize that not every single lazy American kid will be glued to the console and that the pc market is worthless.

Hey, wanna make civilzation for console? sure. great. Let those morons enjoy a civ game finally. But hey, who got the awesome idea to make it exclusive to console? Smart thinking. Not only do you alienate your ENTIRE pc fan base, you create a new generation of lazy civ fans that will continue to expect console garbage instead of what civilization has come to be known for.

Who's the rocket scientist that decided to keep a previously pc exclusive game OFF the pc, especially when Sid is quoted as saying "this is the game I've been dying to make". You've been dying to make a steaming pile of console filth that runs your franchise fanbase into the ground? Grats then, you've done it.

You want to take advantage of cutting edge graphics and performance that next gen consoles offer? Pfft. My PC trashes any console that has ever exsisted, and will continue to do so without breaking a sweat. XBOX360 and PS3 graphics are a joke. Console technology will NEVER even get within an eyeshot of PC.

So the only reason left to make a game console exclusive is money. Simple programming + even simpler marketing (the 6-13 year old crowd isn't tough to convince) = easy money.

The day I buy another game by Sid is the day I buy a Mac, start driving a hybrid, and start listening to fallout boy.

Did you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or are you being particularly obtuse?

You do realize that Civ2 was also made for the console? And that this game is explicitly intended to attract new players to Civ? That the franchise isn't moving to the console? That this is not Civ5, and Civ5 will be out, for the PC, at a later date?

Fanboy, first of all I'm 13 and I'm NOT a lazy 13 year old console playing moron. I don't even own a console nor do I want to. Try do some research before you say such an idiotic dumb thing.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Secondly, I HATE fallout boy.

I'm guessing you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, then a monkey stole your wallet, then you stepped on a nail, then found out you just went bankrupt.

All before you had breakfast.:lol: :lol:

(CivII was ported to the console but not very well (the one Civ-series console port I've played no less).)

Did you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or are you being particularly obtuse?

You do realize that... this game is explicitly intended to attract new players to Civ? That the franchise isn't moving to the console? That this is not Civ5, and Civ5 will be out, for the PC, at a later date?
What he said.

Sid was one of the last people I expected to sell out to the lazy 13 year old console playing moron market, but it finally happened.

SO us console gamers are lazy 13 year olds? huh!? . Better hope we never meet on the street or i''ll knock somthin hard into ya.

People need to calm down. This is actually good news. The game will attract more people to the franchise, and honestly, Civ 5 will still be a PC game. They'd be crazy to not design it around the PC.

There is more money (I find) in the whole console industry from gaming and game creation, but Civ 5 will definitely be a PC only title. It seems strange that we would get a Civ 5 on the number of consoles around a year or so after Revolutions.

Personally, bringing attention to the game, as well as Turn-Based Strategy, is brilliant, and will be buying it for either the DS or Xbox 360.

wow...why assume that CivRev will be bad?

I got hooked up Civilization because the original was available on the Super Nintendo...it was awesome, and turned on my love of strategy games. Who's to say that won't happen to countless 9-15 year olds when they play it? Sure it might be 'strategy-lite,'(although I doubt the strategy will be dumbed down at all) but that will draw in more people, get them interested, and then increase the fanbase for the PC versions as well...plus strategy-lite games can be very fun and satisfying as well.

I just want to know what the achievements will be :)

Dont hate consoles, i got learned to love civ playing civ2 on play station.

and the real reason i posted, Padma you and andy from shawshank redemption are the only people i know who say obtuse.

Hey bro, This Ain't a Scene, it's an Arms Race.

You act as if it is Dead on Arrival, but they are not Reinventing the Wheel to Run Themselves over. I mean, Sugar, Were Going Down to the consoles, but not forever. Sid isn't saying Thanks for The Memories to the PC, cause for Civ 5 he will say The Take Over, the Breaks Over and come back to PC. We'll all be like Hum, Hallelujah and everything will be Golden.

Wow, 8 Fallout Boy songs in one post.

He says his PC can trash any console ever made, well MOST PC's CAN'T do that. YOu have to pay like more than 2000$ if you want that good of one.;)

you don't like fallout boy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't either!!!!!!!!!

you notice fanboy never posted since.... he hasn't even been on since.......

I wasn't offended at all! I HATE fallout boy!

I admit i was slightly disappointed that its console exclusive but im sure they'll release a game for the pc next year

of course you can do it my way and be a console and pc user

Civ V will be for the PC.

This is just another game

Sid was one of the last people I expected to sell out to the lazy 13 year old console playing moron market, but it finally happened.
Didn't Sid "sell out" the day he started producing commercially retailed games? Isn't the very goal of selling a game selling out? ? Isn't it true that you are, in fact, using terms that you don't really understand? :rolleyes:

Civ a PC EXCLUSIVE FRANCHISE? It is? when was this? dam then that game civilization 2 I played years back on the playstation 1 (and still have) wasn't really a civilization game at all... and just think if it wasn't for that game I wouldn't have gone and got civ1-3-4 hell I would still be playing grand theft auto... most gamers own a good pc and one or more games console, even most kids have a pc and a console or 2 in there home,

Ok were all p*#@ed that its not on the Pc but hey we can mod civ4 bet they can't.. or if they can then no where near the level we pc gamers can.

Also I don't think Sid has ever "sold out" just because one game hasn't come out for the pc if he had "sold out" then why would he have his name on each and every civ game? why would he put so much into something he cares less about? I think you should chill... its not like they put civ5 as a console only game... that would put the company in a bad way... Molotov cocktail anyone ;) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom