Loyal PC gamers finally kicked in teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original Fire Emblem will be included in the Masterpieces mode in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and it will also be remade for the Nintendo DS this year.

But you know what I'd like to play? Well, here are some silly names for strategy games I came up with.

Shining Force DS. Hey, Sega IS getting into the RPG craze on the DS with Sonic Chronices (made by the creators of hits such as Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect). I'd like to play a Shining Force game, which is basically Sega's equivalent of the Fire Emblem series.

Grim Fandango: Live and Learn. This would be an action adventure game very similar to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, except that it would have some gameplay changing sequences, such as some FPS and TBS ones. Oh, and doesn't everybody think that Grim Fandango deserves a sequel?

The Legend of Zelda: Meteor Madness. VERY UNLIKELY, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT I DREAMED THAT BLIZZARD OR FIRAXIS OR VALVE WOULD BE MAKING THIS. Basicall, some meteors crash harboring an alien race that quickly takes over the world. And maybe there could be some FPS sequences using the Half-Life 2 engine?

Metroid: The Wrath of Khan. ONCE AGAIN, IMAGINED THAT BLIZZARD OR FIRAXIS OR VALVE WOULD BE MAKING THIS. The storyline could be that Samus Aran has long since died, with her son, Hannibal Aran, walking the desolate footsteps of a colony. Then the great Khan attacks his home planet, and he is enlisted to help him push the great Khan back. Once again, mostly TBS and FPS sequences.

Mass Effect is pure gold. I didn't know Sega could publish Bioware games as well. Probably won't be made by the same team, given the number of other projects they have listed as well. Then again, they own..

Sega isn't doing those games listed after Shining Force DS, BioWare is, the reason they are listed is because Sega is letting someone else work on the Sonic RPG :eek:

I didn't necessarily say that SEGA was going to do them. I just said that they are some games that I would like to see pop up.

Although you do have to agree with me that Grim Fandango REALLY deserves a sequel.

Sega isn't doing those games listed after Shining Force DS, BioWare is, the reason they are listed is because Sega is letting someone else work on the Sonic RPG :eek:

Yep, fixed my post above. It didn't come out the way it was supposed to. I know Bioware is developing it.

I never played Grim Fandango, but supposedly it's pretty good.

I tried playing but didn't really like it.......at all....

ah, well Sega isn't gonna be publishing anything else from BioWare, and Microsoft will only be publishing the future Mass Effect games...everything else will be published by EA...the company that may be publishing Civilization V, if things turn out how it looks like it will.

Idk.....I just like mario or zelda or star wars games better.....

zelda is adventure(well, action/adventure) :)

I actually never played grim fandango...my entire experience of adventure games is Bone From Boneville and Sam and Max.

Then you missed the best adventure game ever.

maybe they'll remake it for the Wii :) seems a perfect console for adventure games(and Sam and Max is being ported over!)

I could see that. The Wii controls would work well for the old-style adventure games.

I don't feel as hot about it as ConsoleFanBoy, but I find myself wondering how could Civ be as good on a console as on a PC. I started playing with Civ 3 on Mac and switched to PC...never played Civ 2 much and never at all on a console. So I admit I don't understand how Civ translates to a console. I haven't played anything on a console since early Nintendo, and for a couple of hours lately on my nephew's Wii (bowling). So I don't feel hostile to Civ Rev but more skeptical and at the end of the day indifferent. I probably won't buy Civ Rev because I'm not interested in buying a console (except maybe Wii 'cause bowling was fun). So more power to those who think Civ Rev will capture a new market for Civ. I'm already hooked and will continue to play, most likely exclusively, on PC...unless in a future forum PC players start raving about how great it is to play Civ Rev.

.... So more power to those who think Civ Rev will capture a new market for Civ. I'm already hooked and will continue to play, most likely exclusively, on PC...unless in a future forum PC players start raving about how great it is to play Civ Rev.
This is probably one reason why Civ Rev isn't coming out for the PC since those who already a civ fan (as well a PC gamer) will not be too impress with playing Civ-lite compared to civ3 or/and civ4. While I can see Rev being fun to play when you just want to finish a game in a few hours ( multiplayer), I seriously doubt I'll be playing Rev. more than any of the other PC civ games.

I doubt I will play CivRev more than PC Civ, but just think: CivRev on the DS = Civ anywhere! :D I can play Civ even when I'm not at home in front of my PC!

Plus, CivRev was very fun to play. As I said in my Preview thread, that day at Firaxis playing CivRev was the most fun I've had in years!

I'm also a PC Civ player, but with the grim look at the selection of PC games these days I decided to go for my first console since the Nintendo 64. I think its just good that they go for a console version that is very different. Then it will be more likely that Civ 5 will be more optimal, revolutionary and fun. After the release of CivRev they will see what new features really work, and they can take this knowledge with them when making Civ5. Its easy to get stuck doing the same thing with new graphics and charging you full price for it, and we dont want that.

What do you guys have against Console gamers?

I enjoy shooting people on my Xbox, I'm not lazy, or a moron. Halo, Call of Duty,ect. arn't bad games, and sure they don't require much thinking like Civ, but they're still tons of fun.

This little predujice against Consoles here is starting to make me mad.

What do you guys have against Console gamers?

I enjoy shooting people on my Xbox, I'm not lazy, or a moron. Halo, Call of Duty,ect. arn't bad games, and sure they don't require much thinking like Civ, but they're still tons of fun.

This little predujice against Consoles here is starting to make me mad.

I agree. The only people who have something against consoles are people who are not owning them on their own. The trend we see today is that consoles are becoming more and more like PCs in terms of hardware.

How do console haters justify their opinion that console players are 13-year-old idiots who can't think for themselves when clearly there are lots of people like me who have played advanced PC-games like Civ and other classics since the 80's and today have both the PC and a console? I don't feel like a 13-year-old idiot at least :)

It is also quite funny how you can actually go as far as getting annoyed of people playing the typical console games. What is wrong with them? Why should you get pissed off that people find a game they like. It's not like every console game takes a couple of days to master if that is your complaint, its far from that.

What I've seen on several forums is that the sole reason for the console hating is jealousy because the PC isn't getting all the titles that the consoles get. Also the jealousy that a company a player likes spends time making games that this person cannot utilize is also a factor for hating the game, and then instead of saying "damn I wish they made a game for PC instead so that I could play it" people start coming up with ridiculous reasons why they should not make it for the console by throwing tomatoes at the console players claiming they are dumb. Can't people see this? :)

I've never understood the abuse some people direct at those they consider inferior on forums. I have 2 consoles, 1DS, 3 pcs and 1 laptop in my house. The kids use the Ps2, the family play the Wii for family fun, I play the pc for serious online gaming and take my DS to work for lunch time gaming with my buddies over coffee. I use them to suit my needs.

Whilst its true certain developers have ruined good games by switching the focus to consoles (Call of Duty 2 springs to mind), I can't see a similarity to civ. After all the console users get a cut down version of what we pc gamers already have, how does that hurt us? If this goes down the road of console targeted development for future games then fair enough we have an issue, but for now the console gamers are the poor cousins who get a taste of the full fat goodness that we pc gamers have had for ages.

At this point in time its a win win for me.

I've never understood the abuse some people direct at those they consider inferior on forums. I have 2 consoles, 1DS, 3 pcs and 1 laptop in my house. The kids use the Ps2, the family play the Wii for family fun, I play the pc for serious online gaming and take my DS to work for lunch time gaming with my buddies over coffee. I use them to suit my needs.

Whilst its true certain developers have ruined good games by switching the focus to consoles (Call of Duty 2 springs to mind), I can't see a similarity to civ. After all the console users get a cut down version of what we pc gamers already have, how does that hurt us? If this goes down the road of console targeted development for future games then fair enough we have an issue, but for now the console gamers are the poor cousins who get a taste of the full fat goodness that we pc gamers have had for ages.

At this point in time its a win win for me.

I wouldn't call it a cut down version because I feel like the developers that it is another type of game but I understand what you mean, it lacks features that for example civ4 had that I think we all like. I also understand the fear some have that the game would branch off into another direction and becoming worse.

Civ for PC with its epic matches is like the classic weekend board game days some people have. Not everyone has the time for this though and might not have friends that share your interest. Some console haters claim that "bringing in another crowd" means wanting to sell the game to stupid 13-year-olds. I think that it is just what I said, to make the game workable and fun for people who don't have that much time to spend on games but still want an epic experience with strategy, and I think that CivRev will deliver the most epicness and strategy that you can get for a 3-4 hour game session. Let's face it, the "dumb" people some talk about that only likes FPSs and action yaddayadda will not buy CivRev anyway, because it is not the most graphically advanced game out there and it doesn't show any hints on having unrivaled action gameplay which is mostly what the type of people being discussed are looking for in their games. No, CivRev is not aiming for a dumber crowd, its for people who want what Civ has always brought us but more compact and optimized for people with less time.

We will see if this is true when the game comes out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom