Loyal PC gamers finally kicked in teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on other forums gamers complained about having to install DMC4 on PS3 HDD so most console gamers like everything to be very simple.
This is probably why there were more hardcore games on the PS than on PS2 and now the Wii is out selling both the ps3 and 360 combined. (Even many years ago (back in C-64) I found most console games were more simplifed including hardcore games like Silent Service.) I find that even some recent PC games seem to be dumb down a bit lately.

P.S. Both Civ1 and Civ2 were ported straight to consoles yet they didn't sale very well. Starcraft was also on the consoles (N64) yet never sold anywhere close to the PC version.

I'm ok with you using the SNES version of Civ as an example, but not starcraft or C&C for N64 because there was no mouse for that console and thereby the game was close to unplayable. I know because I own them both. Its like controlling 1 unit at a time all the time. So those prob sold bad mostly because you couldnt play with a good controller. C&C also had nice 3d graphics :)

Let's think about how the guy who worked with Sid on Civ1 is now making a Halo game.

Let's think about how the guy who worked with Sid on Civ1 is now making a Halo game.

Yeah, Bruce Shelley is trying his hand at a console RTS. (And quite a few of the artists who worked on Civ 1 have worked on console games also).

Is that the Halo Wars or something?

um...how is it that console means it doesn't need to be very advanced? Does that mean Bioshock wasn't 'advanced'? it was exactly the same on PC and console. Perhaps Command & Conquer isn't 'advanced'? Again, console and PC, both versions good. maybe Civilization I wasn't 'advanced'? It was on consoles and PC as well.

maybe the problem isn't with consoles, but with you...
I have a PS2 myself. I find that console games are stupid, dumbdowned license games from hell and that only a few games are worth mentioning. Also, PC games are much cheaper. I noticed your troll, BTW.
Yeah I don't see how consoles implies the game is less advanced. Because you don't need a keyboard to play it? What if the controller can do everything that the keyboard can?
It can't. Console games are for people who want action and sit in the couch. PC games are for serious gamers.

Show me a console game that can be fully modded, BTW.

well.........you're right in pretty much all things but there are some serious games on consoles............mostly open-world RPG's........

I have a PS2 myself. I find that console games are stupid, dumbdowned license games from hell and that only a few games are worth mentioning. Also, PC games are much cheaper. I noticed your troll, BTW.

It can't. Console games are for people who want action and sit in the couch. PC games are for serious gamers.

Show me a console game that can be fully modded, BTW.

Now you are out on thin ice my friend :) Serious gamers? If you look at time spent, there are people playing console games during their whole free time. If you're looking at competitions, there are competitions for Halo for example. I don't see any other seriousness involved. If you are dedicated into becoming a great player in a game (which there are lots of people doing with console games, who do you think write all the GameFAQS?) then you are doing it seriously.

And what does modability has to do with the seriousness of playing games? UT3 has quite a nice range of mods on the PS3 right now if you're interested, although I don't see how it is involved in the discussion.

I want all types of games on my PS3. It has good hardware, it has keyboard and mouse support, it has online play, what more can I ask for? You can make any type of game for that system and it will probably sell really good today since many PC users now buy next gen consoles. Its just a matter of finding a good part of the customers and satisfying them and you will become a great company, but many game companies are bad.

well.........you're right in pretty much all things but there are some serious games on consoles............mostly open-world RPG's........
I hope you are not referring to Oblivion since it was clearly dumb down for console gamers. (Xbox 360) This rpg was very shallow especially since a 2 level character could do and go pretty much everything a 20 level character could. (the world leveled up with the character so why bother leveling up?) Thankfully there are mods for the PC which did give the game a little depth.

Developers of Vagrant Story learn a long time ago on the PS you can't add too much depth to a RPG as one of the biggest complaint was it was too hard. VS wasn't hard at all if you spend a few minutes to understand that you need to use and level up more than one weapon during the game.

oblivion was trash on every system.

Quality games of seriousness on consoles :

GTA Series, Final Fantasy Series.

Both quality console series games for a 'serious' gamer

(Most of the GTA titles are now avaiable of PC, and the first 2 GTA's were PC exclusive, but the console versions were far better in my opinion)

If PC games aren't for people that want action then how come nearly every PC game released these days is either a FPS or a RTS?

If all "Loyal PC gamers" are like this then it's no wonder why Sid wants to distance himself from them.

I'm guessing you're either trying to be sarcastic or you've never played those kind of games?

Summary of FPS: Shoot guys with guns, shoot explosive barrels, shoot monsters, etc

Summary of RTS: Build gatherers, gather resources for a couple of minutes then build a bunch of tanks/soldiers/monsters and destroy the other guys base while killing all of his soldiers.

Sounds like action to me.

Then there are games called Metroid Prime, Halo, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Resident Evil, etc.

(Most of the GTA titles are now avaiable of PC, and the first 2 GTA's were PC exclusive
GTA and GTA2 were both on the PS1, as was the GTA: London expansion.

Also, I'm not sure what this "serious gamer" thing being thrown about is. I fail to see how a 100-hour epic like Final Fantasy isn't serious while something like Unreal Tournament is. (Don't get me wrong, I love UT, but it's not exactly epic.)

Freedom Force can't really get all that serious, but what is the only game system that it's available for?

And then there are those epic Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Halo/Deus Ex/Half-Life/Resident Evil/ICO/Final Fantasy/God of War/Castlevania/Metal Gear Solid/Baldur's Gate/Rainbow Six/Splinter Cell/Ninja Gaiden and all those console games.

I'm not a serious gamer. I like to have fun when I play. :)

I'm guessing you're either trying to be sarcastic or you've never played those kind of games?

Summary of FPS: Shoot guys with guns, shoot explosive barrels, shoot monsters, etc

Summary of RTS: Build gatherers, gather resources for a couple of minutes then build a bunch of tanks/soldiers/monsters and destroy the other guys base while killing all of his soldiers.

Sounds like action to me.
You've obviously never played an RTS or an FPS.

I hope you are not referring to Oblivion since it was clearly dumb down for console gamers. (Xbox 360)

na, that one looks pathetic, I was talking about morrowind which is WAY better.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom