End of Empires - N3S III

Wow! This is awsome! Cool Update!

To: Doral

If you don't resist we will give you autonomy over your local affairs. In addition we we allow your royal family to live and order our troops not to harm them assuming you don't resist. But if you do your resistance shall be punished brutally.

To: Faron Remnants on Helsia

The enemies of Helsia seek to destroy our lands, we must unit in face of these enemies, least our great peninsula is throw into darkness by the barbarians of the west, north, east and south. We are not Faron or Trilui, we are Helsian.

to: Hanno and Kargan

The empire we were all a part of that brought us all great prosperity has fractured, however we believe we should still remain connected. We propose an economic pact between our states, the Lovi Sea pact to promote economic regrowth between our nations.

to: The Opulensi Empire

You have won, we are defeated, we ask that you leave us alone on Helsia.

To: Empire of Helsia

So long you leave the sea to us and purge your shores from any and all pirates, we will have lasting peace.

to: Opulensi Empire

You should know well enough that the pirates are with the desert folks in the north, you should inquire with them. But we will see what we can do.

From Sira
To the Helsian and Opulensi Empires

Believe us, we wish we could sail as good as the pirates.

They intended to press on across the waves to attack the isle of Hanno, but their ships were found to be nearly unseaworthy, attributed to poor engineering by their Seshweay designers (though of course it’s quite plausible that the Sirans were simply incompetent sailors).

To: Chief of Chiefs, High Prince of Moti

I am High Prince Vetaxaras, son of Hashaskor, son of Atraxes, son of Arastephas. I rule as Fourth Redeemer of the Kothari Satar. My brother princes are dead, and only the Star remains.

The arrogance of Xetares will not be repeated. We seek only peace with the Moti, and give a tribute of fifty mountain-bred stallions to show our intent. Unlike our Satar brethren in the Sesh, we have not sworn blood-debt against all Uggor until the clouds themselves are stained by the mists of blood.

Please accept this peace offering, and let the Chief of Chiefs and the High Prince know only the bonds of friendship.

Epilogue to Exatai: Part One - The Talani Fragments

Talan the Elder was born in the Kothari Exatai. According to apocryphal tradition, he was half Hu'uti. Even so, he identified as a Satar and followed most of their cultural customs. A court Oracle to the Fourth Redeemer in the fortress-capital of Athas, he is considered to be one of the only true Satar 'philosophers' of note, barring the oral tradition of the First and Second Redeemers. The flowering of philosophy in the Sesh to come in the next century would be the product of more settled, post-Satar cultures. (See: Sesh Satar Philosophy, Kothari Satar Philosophy)

Talan lived during a time when the unified Satar culture group was diverging under Ailuttorutto and Sehorsehockye influence in the north, and Uggor and Hu'uti influence in the south. The Talani Fragments have often been challenged in their authenticity, because of their reflective, sympathetic tone. Despite this, the cultural schizophrenia of the late Satar may justify the changing tone, as the Satar were, despite all their ferocity, forced to confront the world as it was in the wake of the Pyre of the Six.

---

How many pantheons have we joined as villains, the horse-demons with faceless masks, defeated by the glorious hero in an epic cycle? But that is the nature of the battle-challenge. Arastephas seemed to say, we are your demons, leaping from ancient tales into flesh and blood and fear. Come challenge us, come bring your heroes. But there were no heroes or champions among the Bahrans, among the Katdhi, among the Sesh, among the Had, among the Faronun, among the Trilui. They did not understand the battle-challenge, and so they died. The Moti defeated the Satar, alone among the nations, because they did not value art or gold or music or ships or spears or gods. They valued heroes. They had champions.

The tragedy of the true Redeemer is that he never seeks to win. He seeks apocalypse in battle. His failing is that his enemies are never truly great enough to deliver apocalypse. For refusing us absolution, we seemed to say, your punishment is our reward. Oblivion.

Which of the three Redeemers was most victorious? Arastephas, some say, for the bounty of plunder and the depth of his rage. Atraxes, some say, for the height of his compassion and the depth of his wisdom. But I say Xetares. Xetares was most victorious, because he brought ruin, anguish, suffering, and utter pain upon more than a million souls. Victory in war is only this. Warriors are a curse upon the world. I say to you warriors: Beat your spears into sickles, and kill no more.

We feel home here, alone among the snows and the mists, because civilization is so distant. I cannot imagine life among the cities. There are Satar who do this, who live in great cities like Magha and Tisatar. I say to you this. No barbarian who enters a city ever leaves in his lifetime. As far as he ranges, as far as he travels, the city has consumed his heart.

There shall be other Exatai. They will not be Satar, but the lure and the promise of the golden mask shall pull a thousand tyrants, each one a small child compared to the one which came before. There shall be other Exatai, and I tell them only this: Conquer, my Prince, with compassion. Arastephas led a howling mass of unstoppable warriors, forged with a child's cruel joy joined to an adult's strength of arms. If Arastephas had been immortal, the world would have burned to death. If Atraxes had been immortal, so too would be the world-Exatai.

The Aspects teach not that Taleldil was an unquenchable god of battle. They teach that battle had its' place in the balance of virtue. The Satar mastered one Aspect at the expense of all others. That is why the Ardai failed to protect the Third on that day when he was struck down.

If you seek Exatai, the Silver Path is yours. Justice, compassion, tolerance, tempered strength. If you seek apocalypse, the Gold Path is yours. Arrogance, righteous anger, unbridled aggression. You shall destroy everything and build nothing.

OOC: This is the first NES I ever joined. In fact, this was the NES that got me into NESing in the first place. I've joined many others since I came here, and had many more experiences, even coming to lead the SUSA in EQ's ABNW (a great achievement in my book). This NES reemerges, requiring my attention. I come back, look at what I did, and say, "Gee, that was stupid."

IC:
To: The Honorable Evyni Empire

Our predecessors were foolish in thinking that they could threaten such a massive empire such as your own. We apologize for the Evynihate Day, and promise that it shall no longer be a holiday for the Ateumans. As for your calls for vassalage, we wish to propose the following agreement:

Evyni shall protect the Ateumans from foreign aggressors, and the Ateuman militias will fight alongside the Evyni. The Empire's enemies will be the Ateumans' enemies, and the Empire's allies shall be the Ateumans' allies. However, the Ateumans will be responsible for raising their own armies; the Evyni cannot draft Ateumans. But realize that we are impressed by the conquests of the Evyni, and want our military leaders to learn from them. So we, therefore, consider it within our interests to support the Evyni military endeavors.

The Empire cannot directly tax the Ateumans. Rather, the central government will pay a tribute to the Empire in return for her protection. Also, we would appreciate Evyni investment in the Ateuman economy, which is woefully underdeveloped.

The Evyni will allow the Ateumans to peacefully expand into the surrounding lands. Our land is useless, and we desire to settle more valuable territory.

Would this be acceptable to the leadership of the Evyni?

Two things before I go to sleep:

One, the front page desperately needs a religion summary. I'll volunteer one for Ardavan.

Second, it's successor states: Farea still survives...

I would like religion summaries, if people would be so kind... Would also help the wiki.

Farea is not quite a successor state so much as the world's first true colony.

Wow! This is awsome! Cool Update!

To: Doral

If you don't resist we will give you autonomy over your local affairs. In addition we we allow your royal family to live and order our troops not to harm them assuming you don't resist. But if you do your resistance shall be punished brutally.

We submit.

to: Hanno and Kargan

The empire we were all a part of that brought us all great prosperity has fractured, however we believe we should still remain connected. We propose an economic pact between our states, the Lovi Sea pact to promote economic regrowth between our nations.

What? This seems like a silly idea, prone to not accomplish anything beyond your strength growing and ours waning.

Perhaps we could cooperate on regulations and patrolling against piracy.

OOC: This is the first NES I ever joined. In fact, this was the NES that got me into NESing in the first place. I've joined many others since I came here, and had many more experiences, even coming to lead the SUSA in EQ's ABNW (a great achievement in my book). This NES reemerges, requiring my attention. I come back, look at what I did, and say, "Gee, that was stupid."

Don't worry, that happens to all of us. :)

Don't worry, that happens to all of us. :)

not me :)

excellent update, NK! i would still like to join as Jipha!

diplomacy forthcoming.

Am still in; update acknowledged (mocking of update schedule withheld, for once); will read in more detail a bit later; replies to any diplomacy probably pending on PMs from my allies (you know who you are, both of you) as to just what are they up to and what do they think about what's going on.

As to the outpost, I guess I'm going to have to dig out the old Uggor dictionary again. ;)

P.S.:
making sense of the Kratoan situation

This task is still in progress. Has it collapsed into several proper (be-stat-ed, diplomacy-capable and playable) "states" (clans) in war with each other? Is Ninja Dude still in there somewhere? Is he the holdouts in the capital or someone else?

This task is still in progress. Has it collapsed into several proper (be-stat-ed, diplomacy-capable and playable) "states" (clans) in war with each other? Is Ninja Dude still in there somewhere? Is he the holdouts in the capital or someone else?

Ninja gets to pick whichever faction he wants. As for the individual clans... I'm not sure, I may make stats or some kind of sub-stats for them. They are certainly playable and diplomacy-capable. The council itself is still theoretically in existence, ruling over the river delta, but nothing else.

NK, The Opulensi home island can be often referred to simply as Spice island, but for more official use, The (Grand) Island of Epistos, referring to the old name of epichrisi.

From the Nahari Empire
To Astria

See our conquest of Caon. Submit to us and you will maintain a degree of autonomy. You will remain free. Resist and we will be forced to turn our might against you. Will you cede?

The desert in which the Katdhi tribes live is called Tashali.

NK picked you, but those tribes were my people, can't I name the area? :/

From Sira, Protector of Astria
To the Nahari Empire

Rethink your words. Caon fell because it was not of the Faith. But Astria is, and so is Sira, and we will march to protect them.

From the Nahari Empire
To Astria

See our conquest of Caon. Submit to us and you will maintain a degree of autonomy. You will remain free. Resist and we will be forced to turn our might against you. Will you cede?

See Sira's response.

NK picked you, but those tribes were my people, can't I name the area? :/

The Katdhi have been dead a long while. :p

Top Bottom