Brave New World gameplay walkthrough w. Ed Beach posting tomorrow

Do you guys think that maybe Motherland Calls is not a ideology specific wonder, but comes in Atomic Era? Modern Era seems to cover World War I a.k.a The Great War. And the clash of Ideologies.. or.. well in a way, World War II was I think where the ideologies were most visiblity seen (Fascist Germany, Rise of Communism in Russia, etc.) So it might come later in the tech tree.

I'm only saying this because I am terrified of Preora being a wonder, as somebody who's into beautiful things, MY BEAUTIFUL EYES xD

Ok, 2 new screens.

First is Eiffel Tower, which now provides tourism instead of additional happiness.

Second is semi transparent tip about Hotel, tourism building on Refrigeration tech. Additional properties are:
+50% culture from wonders and improvements - wrong
50% of culture from wonders and improvements is converted to tourism
+50% tourism bonus from great works

Edit: corrected the first property

Attachments

• eiffel.jpg
    eiffel.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 369
  • hotel.jpg
    hotel.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 336
Ok, 2 new screens.

First is Eiffel Tower, which now provides tourism instead of additional happiness.

Second is semi transparent tip about Hotel, tourism building on Refrigeration tech. Additional properties are:
+50% culture from wonders and improvements

Nice catches here!! From the Hotel tooltip, we see Chateau confirmed, and Maoi and Chateau both confirmed to yield Tourism as well. Edit 2 - that's incorrect.

edit - I'm also thrilled that hotel is just a percentage modifier for tourism and doesn't yield any itself.:)

Ok, 2 new screens.

+50% culture from wonders and improvements

I don't think the hotel boosts your culture, I think it converts 50% of your culture from natural/world wonders and improvements into tourism.

Whatever building that is, that's a nice small buff for Polynesia

Nice catches here!! From the Hotel tooltip, we see Chateau confirmed, and Maoi and Chateau both confirmed to yield Tourism as well.

edit - I'm also thrilled that hotel is just a percentage modifier for tourism and doesn't yield any itself.:)

Which screenshot? That building doesn't confirm that it says 50% of culture output from tiles turns into tourism as well

Nice catches here!! From the Hotel tooltip, we see Chateau confirmed, and Maoi and Chateau both confirmed to yield Tourism as well.

Just looked closer. It doesn't mean what Maoi and Chateau produce tourism. It means Hotel takes their culture and produce tourism from it.

Also, I think that's a confirmation what we'll not see any UI producing culture in unrevealed civs :)

Not sure if this means anything, but if you pause somewhere around 14.10 when he is hovering the cursor over the paintings, It says "Emperor Taizong Receiving the Tibetan Envoy".
Possible Tibetan civ?

Wish he had asked about trade routes during peace, can Privateers actually be Privateers? Is the UN still a lame end to a Diplo victory?

Privateers can still be privateers. What they can't be is Pirates.

Watching it right now, wow many mistakes... Maria the Mad is not loved in Brazil, she's hated, actually. And it's fay-toe-REE-uh, not fay-TALL-rya.

No African city art :( :( :( :( :(

Hmm, he mentioned Marco Polo going back to Venice...:think:

They also have a x and y coordinate at the tooltip above the minimap, but I guess that is just for testing efforts.

When hovering above a city or resource, you can also see the international trade routes there.

Chateu pretty much confirmed if it wasn't before. There's no way that isn't a new UI for France (c'mon).

It's possible that one of the new wonders has Eiffel's old bonuses (the Happiness bonus is quite a useful one with policies). as Terracota & Pisa replaced Stonehenge and Hagia Sophai respectively.

Third Place also gets a free research boost.

For more info:
ISS:
Spoiler :

Diplomatic Victory:
Spoiler :

International Games:
Spoiler :

Wolrd's Fair:
Spoiler :

This is the most interesting stuff I've seen so far...an entirely new mechanism at play here. Judging by how good the 2nd place prizes are, I bet the wonders will be very nice.

Ok, 2 new screens.

+50% culture from wonders and improvements - wrong
50% of culture from wonders and improvements is converted to tourism

Edit: corrected the first property

Actually, 50% of culture from Wonders and Improvements is added to your tourism, so you keep all the culture.

Top Bottom