Civ 5 Confirmed Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to "Computer Bild Spiele":

Wonder: "Hanging Gardens"
Resource: "Ivory"

both is shown on a screenshot. I could upload it if it was legal to do it.

The jaguar warriors are still in, so Aztescs are a given.

there may be elephant resource as well as silk but I can't confirm the later because the image in PC Jeux is too tiny.

thanks as soon as they get posted online (legally guys) I'll update it

The jaguar warriors are still in, so Aztescs are a given.

there may be elephant resource as well as silk but I can't confirm the later because the image in PC Jeux is too tiny.

Yer a recent press release reported about Firaxis using the Quechua language, so thats good enough confirmation for me

Yer a recent press release reported about Firaxis using the Quechua language, so thats good enough confirmation for me

Edit: sorry for the double post
Edit: sorry for using the Quote button instead of the edit button to say sorry about the double post and thus causing myself to make a triple post by mistake

thanks as soon as they get posted online (legally guys) I'll update it

Maybe you should add two more things from Swedish PC Gamer:

* Research deals with other civs

* Possibility to expand territory through economic means

New "Civilisation tree" with three different paths that give special bonuses (more concert information needed) Computer Bild Spiele

Just cant wait for this information 'concert' to be out, hopefully all details of Civ V will be sung to us..... ;)

All jokes aside, I appreciate this meticulous compilation of information your proving for us... Kudos!

Aztecs did not spoke quechua :p The guys of the area of what was the Inca empire did and do speak quechua. That strongly points to the Inca being in Civ V.

Whoops that is a big case of my bad, I really should have noticed that, thanks for pointing that out

Maybe you should add two more things from Swedish PC Gamer:

* Research deals with other civs

* Possibility to expand territory through economic means

Already added the first point, will amend a section and add your second point

well with african city styles confirmed you could reasonably assume there will be more african civs than Egypt. Perhaps a choice of a few here, but I'd bet on at least Ethiopia, maybe more.

well with african city styles confirmed you could reasonably assume there will be more african civs than Egypt. Perhaps a choice of a few here, but I'd bet on at least Ethiopia, maybe more.

well there are 6 more civs to be revealed so i would assume at least one of them would be another African Civ, maybe more, but which one will it be, probably the Zulus, but who knows.

Just cant wait for this information 'concert' to be out, hopefully all details of Civ V will be sung to us..... ;)

All jokes aside, I appreciate this meticulous compilation of information your proving for us... Kudos!

Whoops, spell-check at 2am is not your friend, I'll fix it

Good work on this compilation. :D

Real world religions seem to be out.

No version of Civ could be said to be devoid of religion if it includes the monotheism and polytheism advances. But it seems in this case they are essentially keeping and expanding the religion civic hierarchy, and not the other elements of the religion mechanic.

Due to "Computer Bild Spiele":

Wonder: "Hanging Gardens"
Resource: "Ivory"

both is shown on a screenshot. I could upload it if it was legal to do it.

hmm, does that mean they require that resource to be built? Or just that the resource gives a bonus when building them, like in Civ 4?

well, the article just says that there will be a resource elefant/ivory and a wonder "hanging gardens"

Ivory on screenshot in swedish pc gamer also

And didnt someone say that Stalin (and therefore russia) was in? I dont remember where I read it, prob in one of the magazine posts.

Ivory on screenshot in swedish pc gamer also

And didnt someone say that Stalin (and therefore russia) was in? I dont remember where I read it, prob in one of the magazine posts.

not at this moment in time, the poster mistook Bismark for Stalin or something to that effect

Updated with information from the newest IGN article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom