March Patch Notes (formerly february)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scheit! Every time I'm about to uninstall Civ5 they come out with new Patches, making me bleedin' stick here since I have to try the patches out before getting rid of the dang game! :mad:

After the first major patch, liberty was almost useless while tradition got a major buff. Now liberty will be much better again. Tradition is still okay, but Oligarchy is nerfed hard. Looks like liberty is on top again.
Actually Oligarchy was pretty OP. I am glad that they have nerfed it. An attacker could blitz an enemy city & once captured, the defender won't be able to take it back because of huge bonuses the attacker would get from Hmeji Oligarchy combo. Now Oligarchy can still be useful. Garrison a well promoted artillery in the city & destroy one unit in one turn. :D

Scheit! Every time I'm about to uninstall Civ5 they come out with new Patches, making me bleedin' stick here since I have to try the patches out before getting rid of the dang game! :mad:
CiV size on hard disk is pretty small compared to other big games. You don't need uninstall it at all, leave it on your hard disk & just try to control your emotions. :D

Ahaha, people stop with the analogies :lol: Too much for one thread! :lol:

Hey guys, there was a mistake in the patch notes which has been corrected. The change to Representation should have read as:

Representation: Each city you found will increase the Culture cost of Policies by 33% less than normal. Also starts a Golden Age.

Is it each city you have already found OR every city you'll ever have? :confused:

Wait, does my question make sense? I'm too confused darn it! :cry:

First line.. ENGINE.. Significant turn time improvements.

That probably does it.
Wait and have a cup of tea.
As far as I remember, this has been promised at least once already (I think it was the 0.065 patch?) without them having delivered.

I love 1UPT, it allows for way more strategy. If they are going to allow stacking, please only have it as an option through the Advanced setup screen.
It *MIGHT* allow for more <s>strategy</s> tactical warfare, if the AI could cope with it.
As the AI is completely overcommited with that feature, all it does is granting an instant win to the human player. No wonder that many people like such a feature.

1UPT is not broken just because you do not like it. It's like eating ring donut and saying your donut is defective because it doesn't have jelly.
No, it is broken because the AI cannot handle it. And not only the AI can't handle it, it also abolishes any chance for the AI to cover its weakness with production bonuses.
In your example, not only the jelly is missing, it has been replaced with mustard.
I agree it's harder for the AI to use, and firaxis should fix that pronto, and I like some suggestions I've heard to improve it like making it only apply to military units, but let you stack civilian units like workers and great people and embarked units (although this last would be OP with Songhai, so there's that). But that's all a case of adding sugar to the donut, not sending it back as defective.

That said, I'm gonna go have a donut.
So, out of a sudden Firaxis is assumed to teach the AI the principles of battle theatres, to interpret varying regions, the influence of approaching units to its battle plans and what not more?
And as almost always, "1upt is just fine, if it only weren't 1upt"?
You are disliking stacking, but just want to have some stacking to make non-stacking meaningful?
Sounds very convincing. :rolleyes:

Hey guys, there was a mistake in the patch notes which has been corrected. The change to Representation should have read as:

Representation: Each city you found will increase the Culture cost of Policies by 33% less than normal. Also starts a Golden Age.

As I assumed.

I like seeing so many balance mod changes being implimented into the base game. Hopefully it gets to a point where talented modders no longer feel the need to work on balance mods and can work on adding new content and features. :D

Now liberty will be much better again. Tradition is still okay, but Oligarchy is nerfed hard. Looks like liberty is on top again.

You might want to take another look at Landed Elite. The Culture bonuses on the way there will assist you in acquiring further policies, and the equivalent of a pair of free Maritimes plus a growth bonus is sort of insane.

I am sort of shocked that Landed Elite applies to all cities, and not just the capital.

Lets just look at the new base production modifiers:

All mines +1:c5production: with Chemistry
Workshop +2:c5production:
Windmill +2:c5production:
Factory +3:c5production:
Deer camps, Armory iron mines etc. also provide :c5production:

So in a realistic industrial era scenario: Factory, Railroad, Windmill, Workshop:
Before: 0 base :c5production: but 115% modifier
Now: 7 base :c5production: but +65% modifier

I'd really like to see an OIL powerplant option.

If all the math works out then it will be a production advantage now up untill you have 23 base production from tiles. After that it will favor the old system.

I am sort of shocked that Landed Elite applies to all cities, and not just the capital.

it really wouldn't make sense to be all cities and in tradition branch. probably another miswritten thing, but who knows.

Great news! I'm particularly happy that one now needs at least 3 tiles between cities. And they are clearly already looking forewards to the *next* patch. Hooray!

I would like to see this patch sooner rather than later. If they have it all mapped out what is the hold up? Neither being a game designer myself nor understanding the principles behind what they’re doing I’m just curious and anxious to start a new game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom