REF: Major bug found

PrinzMyshkin

Warlord
Hi Dale,

I don't know what is happening here, but I have a very unexpected behaviour to report.

REF decreases to 1/5 of its size within one turn without any conflict. :eek:

It is the phase where King transports the troops. To make sure, there is no fortress fire involved I've killed all my cannons and repeated the process. The result was the same.

The odd behaviour is always reproducable.

The time is May 1639. Please check REF size, and skip the turn. In September 1639 for some reason, REF has shrinked to 1/5 of its size.

Please find attached the savegame.

Thanks

Attachments

• Prince Myshkin AD-1639-May.ColonizationSave
    335.6 KB · Views: 62
New movie: Honey, I Shrank the REF

I would second that bug. I thought the sudden drop in numbers was a bit much, even with the railgun cannons. I have had that happen in 2 games so far where the vast majority of the REF forces just disappeared.

This is a bug I've got to research as to why it's happening. I can track the King moving army to the New World, but for some reason he then disbands a heap of galleons (which in turns destroys the onboard units).

I might have to ugly-hack and disable disbanding by Kings.

If you would like to hear my opinion Dale, just make a free landing in Colonization 1994 style.

AI proved in more than a dozen of times utterly stupid to be able to find the shortest and most efficient way from the high seas to the colonies.

In addition force players to have to defeat REF both in land and the sea. So navy will not be so underpowered.

Having to defeat the REF on the sea would be crazy. I usually have no problem building an army big enough, but navies take forever to build (and historically, the USA had virtually no navy against the british...)

Top Bottom