Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Most if not all of the developers of this mod have moved on to Civ4 or other things. I would say it's done.

Most if not all of the developers of this mod have moved on to Civ4 or other things. I would say it's done.

Doc Tsiolkovski is still there and he is a big part of the team. :)

Well, yeah. But how much work is he doing on this mod?

I'm not saying that they're not around anymore, just not working on this project.

No mod is ever Dead when there is someone willing to patch it. Sometimes its considered an update, sometimes one has to post it as a new mod, but its never dead. :D

I am quoting this post deliberately for several reasons:
1 - Thanks a lot Karl for providing these links, I wouldn't be able to get the mod up and running on my PC if not for them.
2 - First link doesn't seem to be working, however it is not needed as the full 1.2 version is reachable through the link in the first post. Other patches including the extra PTW contents can be applied to 1.2. I wasn't sure if 1.4 patch includes 1.3 so I applied them both in consequence. Somebody with better knowledge can confirm this.

Re: #1) :cooool:

Re: #2) It does now. :blush:

You have to go back to the original post (#2072) to get good links. All posters who "quoted reply" to post #2072 copied an error in the link originally published that contained a double HTTP tag to the RAR v100b11 download. If those posters would edit their replies and remove one of the HTTP tags, the links will work in their replies also.

:nono:

RAR Nikox Mines.zip (0.527 MB)

RAR Nikox Units2.zip (2.6 MB)

RAR Nikox new.zip (1.9 MB)

Could anybody please be so kind to temporarily load here the RAR v. 1.03 patch?

RAR 1.03 only has a size of 1,2 MB so the upload of a zipped version should be possible without big problems. All links to that version seem to be broken (including the links of Karl der Grosse).

In advance thank you very much! :)

Works now.

:confused:

Dunno why that stuff got blowed away.

:goodjob: Karl you are to be thanked. Thank you. While this mod may be old it seems to still have a following. If only I could play with Machiavelli and the other "unavailable" features!:D

Okay so can someone experienced please sum up all the links with files to get this mod working and anything else that will improve/fix it? Just one last time...domo arigato :)

Or better yet assemble them in one folder and put that up for download :)

This is the only link you need to play the game. With the graphic packs you must try it. Normally they must cause errors with the RaR 1.04.

Nikox conflicts with:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=100947

Investigation into the mechanics of the two mods yields a conflict between competing "pedia" files and the like.

Never mind all that; I can resolve & fix that easily enough. Yes, I can. A rasberry to all you naysayers.

Sorry mate I left others out to avoid the problems you speak

To have the Nikox patch work and I explained this on this thread a few times, you must start at the first building(special warfare centre) end your download on this post
Its only in this way this pedia file will be left correctly updated

SO no mistakes, it branches off in a confusing way so you must follow the instruction carefully thats all

Cheers for bringing a complete listing though.

T.A. you are a " man after my own heart". "I did not know that"-Carson. Wow, to say I don't know nothin' is understatement here. Thanks for the links. I only wish I wasn't in the middle of playing so I could restart. I am two turns from League with a sci leader and 7 of 8 at war with Rome. Well game over. long live Wang Kon!

T.A. you are a " man after my own heart". "I did not know that"-Carson. Wow, to say I don't know nothin' is understatement here. Thanks for the links. I only wish I wasn't in the middle of playing so I could restart. I am two turns from League with a sci leader and 7 of 8 at war with Rome. Well game over. long live Wang Kon!

Ya im with you on the pedia must be complete philosaphy (bad sp lol) It seems the better the mod the more glaring holes in pedia appear, well atleast to me.

Once you finish with Nikox's patch your holding an improved (1.02) version of rise n rule

To save time moving to 1.03 just visit the editer, specificly "worker jobs" to make the tiny refinement that warrented this patch. There wher no grapgic files for this patch.
If im not mistaken I believe the 1.02 pacth has workers taking forever to build railways and 1.0 addresses this soley
Make less time for workers completing "railways" and youve made the 1.3 patch. Simple

NOTE: The deafult standard for workers completing rails is 12 turns
Hope this helps I can always mail you the correct BIC if you run into any trouble.

Ok. Im having a bit of an issue.

I just bought Civ Complete and i downloaded this mod and the pre beta 1.04.

In the beggining in the game (about 30-50 turns in) i get a error msg about one of the files (medival japanese worker i think) that the program couldnt locate it.

I have the extras folder in the PTW (the disks are fully patched)

Shouldnt the game work then? Ive looked at this thread and it seems like it should recognize it.

Update- I uninstalled everything so if anyone could give me some advice on how to set this mod up?

You have to install all scenarios. I don't know, if they are installed automatically.

But the files inside the PTW-folder should be found. If not, copy the unit-folder into the RaR-Folder manually.

I downloaded the mod yesterday, and it is great.

However, I have encountered a problem.
I am playing as Germany, and I keep getting an error message telling me that Art\Units\Longboat\LongShipDeath.wav cannot be found.
I had this error with other .flcs, and one .amb, which I was able to sort by copying other files and adding them to the folder. I have tried this with LongShipDeath.wav, but it now doesnt work.

I am using the 1.04beta if it helps.

I fixed it once by finding "longship" in another mod Anno Domini or MEM II and copying the parts as well as renames for those parts. Scattershot I know but it worked. good luck! I think on refection I may have also included other "longboat" parts...?

Top Bottom