Iron+Coal but no RR

Hellpig

Chieftain
In my latest game (playing Aztecs) I had gotten Steampower but only had Iron and no coal so I couldn't RR my empire. So, I started a war against the greeks and got a tile with coal. Built a city there, connected to my other cities so that the coal as resource shows up in other cities as well. Tried building RR the same turn as the cite was founded; nopes, couldn't build RR... Allright, I thought you must wait a turn and tried again next turn; no RR available in the workers actions. Huh? Is this some kind of known bug or is just me who's unlucky?
Just saved the game and will see if it works when I load it again... btw; just to be really really clear: RR = RailRoad! :scan:

Maybe you're on an island. Have you built a port?

Originally posted by rangers85
Is the coal connected to your capital? That could be it.

Well, I guess it is as the coal as resource are shown in the city view (upper left corner). Well I will give a try right now and see if the save/load will make any difference...

In which direction are you trying to build your railroad? The game, for whatever reason, won't let you run rails in neutral territory if it isn't in the general direction of a nearby city (or at least it wouldn't in 1.16f, haven't tested under the new patch). I figured this out the hard way after razing a few enemy cities then trying to extend my rails out to the old city sites so I could drop settlers down on them. If this wasn't the problem, then it must be some sort of connection problem (which you can tell by whether the coal resource shows up in your capital's strategic resource box).

No, I just try to RR' existing roads inside my nation... I just tried reloading the game, but no luck. Have look at my attached pictures; the first are frm the Trade Advisor, the second from my capitol. Coal and Iron, right? This is quite frustrating!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 134
Well I obviousli don't know how to attach 2 images at the same time so here comes the one from my capitol...

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 146
No way! Or am I completely wrong here??? Isn't rubber greenish? I am more or less sure about that.

Both rubber and coal are black. Coal is more shaped like 4 rocks. It is often hard to see coal on a map, unless you hit control-shift-M. This clears all the cities and improvements off the map, so you can see just the terrain and resources.

Originally posted by Harleqin
No, that is rubber, saltpeter, iron and horses.

Yes way! I **am** totally wrong!!! :crazyeyes
Sorry about that, I guess that I'm just so frustated over not finding any coal on my continent, first time in a game it happens to me eventhough I've seen other players writing about it...

Top Bottom