[Q] What is the secret of changing GameFonts.tga with PSP?

Arne

King
Well like the thread title says: What is the secret of changing GameFonts.tga (and GameFonts_75.tga) with PSP?

My problem ist, I aded many ressources, changed all religions and some other things in both files and in alpha channel too. So far it works fine with my computer, exept one changed icon and one not changed icon don't show up any longer in Game. Well, but thats not the main problem, the main problem is the following: I was sending the changed files to someone other... and there one file dosn't work correctly, many things aren't shown up. No error message ore such, simply SOME icons of that file (GameFonts_75.tga) don't shown up in game. :sad:

One thing I'm wonder about is the size of the working file of the changed changed files. The original GameFonts.tga is ~ 800 k, my changed file is ~ 200 k, but it works - as it seems, on both machines. :crazyeye: The GameFonts_75.tga is something around 510 k in both files (original and my changed file) but this dosn't work fine on the external computer.

I used simply "save" not "save as..." for both files many times.

Any toghs?

The resources are linked to a special box. In this links are nummers like "2,3" - this numbers determin the box. If you put a symbol in a different box without changing the link, the game will use the symbol from the old box. :crazyeye:

Yes, I allready noticed that. My solution was not changing the link, but moving the icons in that file around for one or two ressources. :D It works fine so far. But this has nothing to do with the actual problem.

It looks like a problem with alpha channel. That channel is shown correct in PSP, but if I'm looking at it with DTXBmp, the aplha chanel is stretched. :(

Arne said:
It looks like a problem with alpha channel. That channel is shown correct in PSP, but if I'm looking at it with DTXBmp, the aplha chanel is stretched. :(

I also had a problem with alpha chanal, it doesn't save changes made with Picture it, so I have to edit the alpha with paint.

It looks like the alpa channel isn't the only problem with that file. I fixed that "mistake" but it still dosn't work correct. I wish, rebuilding this file more or less complette would not be the only solution...

Top Bottom