Has anyone ever experience these?

henyo10

Warlord
1. All of a sudden everyone declares war on me ,even the not so aggro ones and i have the same religion as them. I have a strong military at this time

2. Even if i have an 80%-90% chance of winning i still lose sometimes. There was a time that i still lose a 98% chance to win.

These things really frustrates me. Does anyone experience such cases?

It's the game.

Did you ever decalderd on a AI you was at the same religions and good terms with ? (I think Backstabe is the term :p) I am sure you did. Why the AI shouldnt ? Where is the problem anyway ? If you have a good military you can deal with it.

And yes everyone lost high odds battles. Sometimes multiple in a row. Its why it's called odds.
If such a loss is enought to cause you trouble or bring your war to choke, then your military was probably not as strong as you thought.

I think it was an Apostolic Palace resolution - to declare war on you. And some of AIs may be were bribed.

No, same religion, hence he should have seen it coming, unless the other civ had a minority of the religion that has the AP, that the OP did not have...that could be the case, but I think it was just a good old backstab.....Which civ declared war on you?

The thing was i was to one who built the AP. Even though i didnt lose a city and i got 4 great generals because i annihilated the armies of my enemies this conflict set me at the bottom of the scoreboard.

AI can bribe very easily others into war while you always see redded out option even with Friendly AI or they want 3 your ultimate techs what you would never give away. The good thing in AI bribing other AI-s is that the bribed dudes are quite passive.

AI can bribe very easily others into war while you always see redded out option even with Friendly AI or they want 3 your ultimate techs what you would never give away. The good thing in AI bribing other AI-s is that the bribed dudes are quite passive.

One reason it is nice to attack backwards AIs - although other AI's are wililng to listen to bribes to go to war with you, these AIs often won't have enough money or tech to actually complete a bribe.

High enough power ratings usually avoid non-AP dogpiles. Usually.

1. All of a sudden everyone declares war on me ,even the not so aggro ones and i have the same religion as them.

Dogpiles are not that uncommon in the game. One civ declares and other civs see an opportunity to gain some territory at your expense because of it. And as mentioned, some civs get bribed to join in. It sucks when it happens but it does from time to time. I've had games where it snowballs so that I end up at war with 4-5 civs at once.

I have a strong military at this time

Are you sure? Were you in the top third in the power graph of the Demographics screen?

2. Even if i have an 80%-90% chance of winning i still lose sometimes. There was a time that i still lose a 98% chance to win.

A 2% chance of losing is still a chance.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Austria, Prussia, and Russia do that to Poland for the better part of the last half of the 18th century? Until, of course, there was no more Poland?

Just so you know it's not just you!
BTW, my friends did that to me in Risk(the boardgame) countless times--and much to their shared disappointment. I was exceptionally Macchiavellian in that game, but then my competition left a lot to be desired.

I've been dogpiled when I was far too advanced than the other civs. They seem to get threatened by my dominance and decide to try and take you down a notch or two.

Hate it when it happens cause my economy is pretty much shot then, but usually can whittle them down over time to peace.

Top Bottom