[BtS] JEraLimit: Halting Progress

Jeckel

Great Reverend
!! RELEASED !! - August 31, 2008

Requires: Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword v3.17

The endless march to Future Tech has always bothered me and this mod will stop it in its tracks. Unfortunatly, both the 'Play Now!' and the 'Custom Game' screens seem to be locked away in the game's EXE file and therefore out of the reach of us modders. Due to this fact, the only option I've found is adding a Custom Game Option to whatever Map Script I'm wanting to play with this mod. Released with the mod are 18 Map Scripts I have already modified to use the Last Era functionality. The included Map Scripts are from Beyond the Sword and origional Civ4.

The Tech Advisor Screen has been modified to optionally hide Era disabled Techs, if a new GlobalDefinesAlt is set appropriatly. Also the Settings window of the Victory Screen now shows the game's Last Era or if no Last Era is set. Lastly, a few small changes in the CvWBDesc.py file will allow the Last Era to be writen and read from World Builder Saves and ofcourse the new SDK functions are exposed to Python for you to do with as you wish.

Mod's Private Map Scripts

I've modified many of the standard Civ4 and Beyond the Sword Map Scripts to add the Custom Game Option to set a Last Era. The following Spoiler contains a list of the included, modified, Map Scripts.

Spoiler :
JEL_Archipelago

JEL_Balanced

JEL_Continents

JEL_Custom_Continents

JEL_Earth2

JEL_Fantasy_Realm

JEL_Fractal

JEL_Great_Plains

JEL_Ice_Age

JEL_Inland_Sea

JEL_Islands

JEL_Lakes

JEL_Maze

JEL_Oasis

JEL_Pangaea

JEL_Shuffle

JEL_Tectonics

JEL_Tilted_Axis

Requires: Beyond the Sword v3.17
Changes: Python, SDK
Version: 1.000 - August 31, 2008
Download: JEraLimit Mod
Sources: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10571

1: First shot is of the Custom Game Screen. Specificly on display is the new Setting, 'Last Era', at the bottom of the list.

2: The Settings Screen inside the Game with NO Last Era set.

3: The Settings Screen inside the Game with the Last Era set to the Medieval Era.

4: The Tech Advisor Screen showing Techs past the Medieval Era disabled (colored red) and unresearchable.

5: The Tech Advisor Screen showing, or rather not showing techs that are past the Last Era.

Attachments

• JEraLimit_Example_CustomGameScreen.JPG
    JEraLimit_Example_CustomGameScreen.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 280
  • JEraLimit_Example_SettingScreen_NoLastEra.JPG
    JEraLimit_Example_SettingScreen_NoLastEra.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 168
  • JEraLimit_Example_SettingScreen_LastEra.JPG
    JEraLimit_Example_SettingScreen_LastEra.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 162
  • JEraLimit_Example_TechAdvisorScreen_DisabledTechsShown.JPG
    JEraLimit_Example_TechAdvisorScreen_DisabledTechsShown.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 271
  • JEraLimit_Example_TechAdvisorScreen_NoDisabledTechsShown.JPG
    JEraLimit_Example_TechAdvisorScreen_NoDisabledTechsShown.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 176
Known Glitches:

None

Known Quirks:

None

Planned Future Changes:

I'm going to add a new Max City Population tag to the EraInfos XML file.

Mod released. :cooool:

I may release some more modified Map Scripts and I'm almost certainly going to release a PDF with simple as possible instructions on how to add the Last Era Custom Game Option to Map Scripts.

Other then that, I have one change left I want to make in the SDK. I want to add a tag to the EraInfo XML file so you can set a Max to City Population for each Era. After that this mod will be finished.

Top Bottom