Changes for v1.09

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Here is the current proposed list. At this point I am concentrating on bug-fixes.

I'll post an actual changelog once it starts getting decent in size. :)

Code:
*- Confusion over mod folder name change
*- Maps not showing due to mod foldername
*- AI doesn't settle on maps - UNABLE TO REPLICATE ON ANY MAP
*- New units have 0% RS
*- Units don't retain RS on any function using CvUnit::convert()
*- Goods count against RS
*- Pirates are gaining RS
- REF size increase cap not working
- Trade route list doesn't work right after sorting
- Some King's have "London" as city name
- Prince crash save file ("Mod keep crashing, help!" thread)
*- Bought ships out of Europe for scenarios don't leave
- Cannon fortress ship bombard too powerful
*- Human Pirates players suffer 30 turn amnesty too
- Ermak leaderhead slightly too high in box
*- Western nation high seas times too high
*- Industrial victory threshold too low
*- Diplomacy affects on RS too low
- Losing a mission doesn't free up "success chance" percentage
*- Cargo bays promotion can go to 0 cargo ships (SoL etc)
*- Too many units showing on independance screen

1.09 Changelog:
* Mod folder named back to "AgeOfDiscoveryII"
* Rebel Sentiment Fixes:
	- New growth units in New World start with city's RS percentage
	- Goods have originating city's RS percent
	- All new units (eg: CvUnit::init(..)) now begin with the city's RS percent that they come from
	- Any function using CvUnit::convert(..) now correctly transfer unit's RS (eg: education)
	- Pirates no longer accumulate RS
	- Revolution advisor only shows 1/3 of total population is RS spread (to cut down on processing for low-end PC's and large Empires)
	- Diplomacy affects on RS doubled
* Other Fixes:
	- Cargo Holds promotion now requires at least 1 base cargo hold
	- Industrial victory threshold tripled
	- In scenarios, ships bought in Europe now leave for New World
	- Western nation travel times fixed
	- 30 turn Pirate amnesty only affects AI Pirates and NOT humans

Dale,

That's my wish list for Xmas man. You deliver too fast. :D

- Too many units showing on independance screen

I think if you replace the 3D units with 2D, should be ok even for low-end PCs. ;)

I think if you replace the 3D units with 2D, should be ok even for low-end PCs. ;)

No, to keep the niceness of 3D I'm going to show 1/3 of the units. So if you have 300 population, then only 100 will show.

Sounds convincing! Let alone stop displaying goodies with RS will free up lots of video memory already...

BTW got the transparent models?

Goods have been fixed. They will have the RS of the originating city.

Goods have been fixed. They will have the RS of the originating city.

not sure if thats really a good idea. if they have the RS of the generated city and count toward GRS it would be very easily exploitet to get the 50% for a DoI easily.

1 City at 100% building WT and loading 1 food 1 lumber in every WT and out of sudden have massive ammount of GRS if you keep doing. hence you never need a 2nd town with nearly 50% or even 100% RS...

maybe a way out there to kill them completely for RS?

regards

p.s.: please kill the "New xyz" from chinese if possible. we dont call it "New plymouth" "New Kings Town" New Sydney etc for other nations and its seriously neglecting the use of a town list or trade list sorteb by alphabet if all towns beginn with "New"....

p.s.: please kill the "New xyz" from chinese if possible. we dont call it "New plymouth" "New Kings Town" New Sydney etc for other nations and its seriously neglecting the use of a town list or trade list sorteb by alphabet if all towns beginn with "New"....

New York, New Jersey, New Mexico....

New York, New Jersey, New Mexico....

no problem with a "few" each nation but not all but the main town and i guess my point got understood no? thats the reason why i listed some other towns which arent defined by "New xyz"

no problem with a "few" each nation but not all but the main town and i guess my point got understood no? thats the reason why i listed some other towns which arent defined by "New xyz"

I'm going to have to agree with this one. A few is okay, but we don't need EVERY city like that.

Well I tend to hit them around 1620. So disable both, and enjoy a nice war against the King.

I think everyone can adjust it to its own prefernece.

See how?
Spoiler :
EDIT: \Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VictoryInfo.xml

Play with the lines.

Economic win trigger:
<iTotalGoodsTraded>80000</iTotalGoodsTraded>

Industrial win trigger:
<iTotalProductionRate>2000</iTotalProductionRate>

Changelog updated. :)

industrial tripled?

woow, i get easily to 2000 around 180-200 turns. It is just a matter op just building additional villages, because money is no issue anymore then. On the other hand, i have around 50-100 trade wagons rushing around, if a stupid indian village starts war and those wagons all lose their auto trading!!! i will be ***

Another thing is, i have a DellM6300 dual core laptop with 4GB RAM, so not really a . .. .. .. .. . laptop. But kolo starts to slow down significantly around the 2000 production point... So i hope i will be able to get to 6000 with my pc resources... Because i will need more units and more wagons!

Another thing is, i have a DellM6300 dual core laptop with 4GB RAM, so not really a . .. .. .. .. . laptop. But kolo starts to slow down significantly around the 2000 production point... So i hope i will be able to get to 6000 with my pc resources... Because i will need more units and more wagons!

There is a memory leak in C4C. I recomend to Alt+Tab to windows every 30min, this will speed up everything.

2. When an empire hits DoI, the bonuses which count towards industrial victory are trementous. Hence, trippling industrial victory trigger quota is a very good move.

It would be nice to set industrial victory so high that would imply DoI is necessary, which would add some strategy to industrial victory.

Also it would be nice, if REF goes to 0, when a victory condition is triggered. This is to avoid REF comes after DoI and slaughters everything in a game already won. :)

Ah, another minor bug.

Regulars have settlement attack 25%.

Veterans have settlement strength (attack & defense) 50%.

Isn't this a bug? Shouldn't it be 50% for both?

Fixed.

Please find the updated file attached. Regulars and Veterans will have both now a 50% settlement strength using this file.

Attachments

• CIV4UnitInfos.rar
    6.8 KB · Views: 81
Fixed.

Please find the updated file attached. Regulars and Veterans will have both now a 50% settlement strength using this file.

Just so you know, veteren soldiers were given +50% city attack/defense in 1.06 to reflect the knowledge of colony fighting in their homes. It was also to counter the huge bonus artillery gets for city attack.

I think I'd prefer to leave regulars as +25% attack but no defense bonus. Artillery defense bonus offsets this with a +50% city defense.

This gives veteran soldiers a fighting chance to defend their homes against attacking REF, whereas before in vanilla it was no chance. Remember, that's how the "flee and attack from the hills" strategy was born! ;)

Top Bottom