Hulfgar's Modpack

Maybe this will do the trick? :)

v6
- Removed all TBC unit buffs for full vanilla compatibiliy.

I beleive its the barbarians mod that causes the crash, turn 137 where close too a barb camp and it crashed. Invisible swordsman unit also.
Might be incompatible with Thals mod.

Hello i like this mod but i have a problem. The Techtree in the game is defect. I can`t later in the game not select a technology. Have anyone here the same problem like me??

Thanks for feedback

Hello Pauschi,

do you use other mods ?

at which point is the tech tree defect and which version do you play ?

I play on epic so I havent really got past ren era yet ;)
But I will this weekend.

Ok I found a bug in the artdefine for the Highlander that was causing a crash :)

This would have happen if playing with city states UU or if meeting some barbarians warriors in some version of my mod.

To correct donwload the 2 files and overwrite the old ones.
This fix should work for (and should be applied to) all versions the mod.

It may broke saved games (sorry but a lot of things can broke the saved games when they are changed :( ).

Working further on 4.2 to clean the bugs.

Bad news mate. At around turn 220 the game CTD.

I really dunno why. Can it maybe be the barbarians mod in your mod?

Im only using your mod atm.

Some crashes most probably have to do with the barbarians.
I am checking this part of the mod to find where the problem might be.

Did you apply the patch above ?
it will not solve everything (I am at turn 287 and had a crash around turn 250) but it could help (at least one bug is solved with it).

Can you play further or are you stuck because of this crash ?

Any plans to upgrade this to Thal's Balance, version 6.9, which is the most current version?

Some crashes most probably have to do with the barbarians.
I am checking this part of the mod to find where the problem might be.

Did you apply the patch above ?
it will not solve everything (I am at turn 287 and had a crash around turn 250) but it could help (at least one bug is solved with it).

Can you play further or are you stuck because of this crash ?

Ye applied the patch.

Managed to reload once, played 10 turns then CTD again.
Seems like there could be one specific barbarbian type that causes the crash, mabe when it randomly spawns.
Its seems like around ren era.
Maybe its conflicting with a custom unit from your mod and tryinf to spawn it...

Any plans to upgrade this to Thal's Balance, version 6.9, which is the most current version?

Yes as soon as I have solved the current bug.

Seems like there could be one specific barbarbian type that causes the crash, mabe when it randomly spawns.
Its seems like around ren era.
Maybe its conflicting with a custom unit from your mod and tryinf to spawn it...

It is definitely going in that direction : I am now at turn 320, year 1900, 2 Explorers are running across the map and until now there is no more crashes, even in areas where it happened.
So it must have to do with some units that crashes the game when they are revealed.

I have to go until sunday evening from now so I will look in it Monday.

What you could do is to deactivate the barbarians in my mod (put an underscore "_" before "Barbarians! (v 6)" in folder "Merged Mods" and try a new game.
I would not advice to do it with the folder "Thals Balance" because the ships needs the promotions in it.
I will rearrange this next week to make it easier to disable some parts of the mod at will.

Sorry for the inconvenience this bug is causing to you.

Perhaps you have already done it and in this case it might not help but deleting the cache cannot harm and will clean up what can be left from previous versions :

delete Civ5ModsDatabase in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

I actually forgot to delete the cache :eek:

Maybe that helps...

I will try and pinpoint when the CTD occurs. I see that its a special tech req for the barb units so I will try and get ahead on tech and see when it occurs again.

BTW I used to play with raging barbs, maybe not needed with this mod longer.

Hello Hulfgar,

thanks for feedback

I tested your mod without other Mod's. I delete the game, installed new and move all other Mod's in another folder.
I played with the current Version of your mod and have all update installed.
I think the bug is integrated in thal's mod. I have installed thal's mod for few weeks and the result was the same problem with the tech tree.

The pdf file in the attachments show you the defect tech tree.

Attachments

• Civ_Bild.pdf
    253.1 KB · Views: 151
Ok, I replaced the Thal v6.2 files with his v6.9 files (copying only the files you had and placing them exactly as you had them) deleted mirror folders from his folder and edited his modinfo file deleting all the lines that referenced the stuff I deleted. Will that work? or was I just getting ahead of myself? My goal was to get his updated stuff into your mod while still being able to use his Unofficial Patch tweaks.

Edit: My bad, chalk this error up to me being new to Civ... *nervous laugh*

Hello Tenjho,

I will post an updated version of the mod in 2 or 3 days.

v69 of Thal's balance Combat will be in, perhaps the whole Balance mod as well.

You could do it yourself but then you have to check almost every line to Thal's balance because some parts will conflicts otherwide (for example Thal's upgrades the scout with paratrooper, I do it with the explorer and therefore the obsolete tech is not the same!).

I am cleaning the mod of small bugs and looking for the reason of a big one!

Hello Pauschi,

just in case : did you try to switch to the english version to see if it works better ?

I will test in german.

Version 4.2 is now online.
I did some bug corrections and made some light changes.
see the first post for more details.

This crash will happen again at the same location when the game is reloaded but it will disappear after a while.

What does "disappear after a while" mean? Keep reloading? Keep starting new games?

My crashes do not necessarily happen when I explore, but they do happen while, or right after, moving a unit.

I haven't played CivV in awhile, but this MOD looks very interesting. I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks in advance for your hard work!!

What does "disappear after a while" mean? Keep reloading? Keep starting new games?

This means that I didn't have this crash since turn 320 (I am at 452 now), even in the locations where it happened.
Because of that I suppose that it is bound to a specific unit that should be revealed after the move.

And you're right it happens while or after moving a unit and (I suppose) when this move reveals another unit or triggers a diplo event.

thx SgtCiv, please do not hesitate to report any bug you may encounter.

Top Bottom