Hulfgar's Modpack

I have run into a BIG problem with your mod 5.1. When I get to Economics there is no tech tree at all. It comes up blank for next tech to research.

I have tried to load at auto save and it comes up blank also.

Otherwise I really like the mod.

I am working on the tech tree bug.
Spatzimaus gave me an idea of what could break it.
Now I have to check all techs that are related to new units or buildings so that will take a couple of days, all the more because I can't check if the fix has worked. So I will reworked everything.

In the meantime don't use any other mod with my mod, even small mods like wonders because :

no tech can have more than 5 icons or else it breaks, so depending on the combination of mods, this could cause bad things to happen.

Thx to Spatz for this advice.

One other question. Does it really take just 3 temples for a Holy War? I haven't been able to get one yet.

You need Theology and 3 Temples.

But I'm not happy with this system.
Those "religious" units really need a religion system and I find that by the time you get them they are quite obsolete
But I think I will rework this part, perhaps just bind the units to the temples or make the project give them as free units.

Royco did you try to run the game/mod whithout steam ?

Its a digital steam copy so cant run it without.
Ive seen similar things happen in the medmod once too, the game just froze on me, but after a few min i got into task manager and set high pri on civ5.exe then it worked fine. ill try that once with ur mod too. crossing fingers:goodjob:

crossing fingers with you :)

I am currently testing ver 5.2.
So far only 1 crash, whithout obvious reason.
I worked on the tech tree, in the hope that this will solve the bug that some people had.

Version 6 is online.

I have reworked the tech tree in the hope to avoid the bug some people had.
Now no tech should have more than 5 buildings/units associated to avoid the 5 icons issue.
That means than any other mod tweaking the tech tree or adding buildings/units can wreack the tech tree again!

I have changed the skin of the german panzer and russian tank to have of mix of tanks in it.

Some parts of Thal's balance combat are back in the mod.
Only some parts because not everything is compatible between the 2 mods.

Thanks to Redox the scout and explorer can now be loaded on a Caravel, Frigate or Destroyer.
With this I wanted to have more realistic exploration expeditions (you send a ship, some troops disembark, eventually get killed but the ship can go forth).

Other changes are listed in the first post of this thread.

As always feedback is welcome and most wanted, I hope you can all enjoy the mod.

Hulfgar

Version 6 is online.

I have reworked the tech tree in the hope to avoid the bug some people had.
Now no tech should have more than 5 buildings/units associated to avoid the 5 icons issue.
That means than any other mod tweaking the tech tree or adding buildings/units can wreack the tech tree again!

I have changed the skin of the german panzer and russian tank to have of mix of tanks in it.

Some parts of Thal's balance combat are back in the mod.
Only some parts because not everything is compatible between the 2 mods.

Thanks to Redox the scout and explorer can now be loaded on a Caravel, Frigate or Destroyer.
With this I wanted to have more realistic exploration expeditions (you send a ship, some troops disembark, eventually get killed but the ship can go forth).

Other changes are listed in the first post of this thread.

As always feedback is welcome and most wanted, I hope you can all enjoy the mod.

Hulfgar

Praise the Lord....Sid Meier :king:

Just crashed out of a game as England with v6, no other mods installed. Got pulverized by Askia on a Continents Plus map, epic speed, strategic resources and easy difficulty. We suddenly declared on me after a long history of arrogant comments and just mobbed me with units. He had these weird Impi units that I can only assume are part of a mod, they just didn't look right. I was JUST barely holding him off when the game just crashed to desktop. Can provide a log file if needed.

Im sorry Hulfgar but my games still crash for no apparent reason when moving a unit. And its completely random.

I will try v7 when it comes but it seems to be a problem that has been sticking since v1 :(

Im sorry Hulfgar but my games still crash for no apparent reason when moving a unit. And its completely random.

I will try v7 when it comes but it seems to be a problem that has been sticking since v1 :(

This mod adds a lot of new unit graphics to the game - could one/some of them be causing the problem?

This mod adds a lot of new unit graphics to the game - could one/some of them be causing the problem?

Yes it could.

Possible reason could be a unit with a bad graphic file (or bad link to the graphic file).
When civ 5 tries to display such a unit it crashes.
It's probably not the case because I tried each unit in game and they were displayed correctly whithout a crash.

This "move and crash" bug would make sense with a display problem : you move your unit, it meets something, the game tries to display it and crashes.

He had these weird Impi units that I can only assume are part of a mod, they just didn't look right.
Thanks Riddleofsteel, I will check the Impi.

Do you think Askia had too much of them ? If so I should give them the same iron prereq as the swordsman to keep the balance.
The log file would be welcome, perhaps it will help.

Royco and Riddleofsteel do you remember which Civs were in your game? I will try to reproduce it.

All those crashes are very disappointing for me because on my last 2 games this version seems to be the more stable.
Currently playing as German with France, England, Russia, Persia, Spain, America, China, Japan, Polynesia, Aztheques, Rome.
Normal speed, difficulty 2, archipelago, giant map, raging barbarians, no other mod enabled.
I am currently at the industrial era. I had 1 crash at turn 227, whithout obvious reason.
I reloaded the game, did the same moves and it worked fine.

Any problem with the tech tree ?

Hi Hulfgar, which log file would you like? Regarding the Askia and his army, I was surprised at the size of it. After being at war for only a few turns, a literal wave of soldiers emerged from the fog of war. There were probably 3 Impi in the first wave, and they had a strength of 11. I didn't realize that iron was not required to build them. In my limited experience, that sounds overpowered. So, understandably, they pushed my warriors and archers aside almost without effort. In all the games I have played at low difficulty, this was the only one in which a nearby hostile neighbor had me clearly outmatched, having a larger army and better technology. About the civs in my game, I had only met Askia, Hiawatha, and Siam by the time of crash. Also, when I said the Impi looked strange, I meant the bodies of the units looked too small. I could tell the texture was modded because though it wasn't badly done, it was clearly not in the same style as the vanilla game textures. Last thing, can I disable the huge formations in this mod? Thank you.

Spanish civ
Standard map
Terra
Epic

First crash at turn 88 1800BC - Tried to move a scout in unknown terrain - crash
Reloaded.
Work fine until about turn 180 or so, it was a chariot that moved into non foggy land, no barbs there for sure...crash.

Can be the modmod that makes unit smaller that causes it? How can I remove that?

Yes the Impies are modded, Deliverator made them.

On my PC they look like this, is it the same for you ?

Here is the new file to give the impi iron prereq, just put it in :

My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack 6 (v 6)\XML\Units

and overwrite the old file.

It should be compatible with saved games but if you want to finish a game, backup the old file in case of... .

Riddleofsteel could you send me the file database from \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs.
And any other log file you may think of :)

Can be the modmod that makes unit smaller that causes it? How can I remove that?

I will have a look at the modmod to see what it does and with which files.
Try a game whithout the modmod perhaps, if you want smaller units we can work a solution.

This mod is awesome :)
Do you know of any way that I can figure out whats causing my game to crash?
At turn 758 I get a debugging error and crash. I've played through a complete 1500 turn game without any issue, so I was assuming it was from saving and reloading a bad save, but I've tried other save games and its something thats happening on this turn specifically I think.

I was just curious if there was an easy way to find out what I'm doing ;)
Thanks again for the modpack! I really enjoy it!

Hi Danshu15,

Do you know of any way that I can figure out whats causing my game to crash?

have a look at the database file here : \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs. It may have some log of the crash.

Debbuging is not the easiest part with Civ5 :-(

Can you give me more infos on your crash ?
- at which era were you ?
- any other mod enabled and running ?
- which DLC do you have ?
- is your Civ5 up to date (ver 348)?
- did you do a special action when it crashed ? (order a move, change an improvement for another one,...)

last but not least : can you provide me a saved game ?

thanks for the feedback.

well I have no clue what any of that means lol

Spoiler :
[71414.309] constraint failed
[71414.309] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[71417.663] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[71418.755] Passed Validation.
[71419.223]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 291528 2383768
PageCache: 4019 4183
LookAside: 45 1864
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 0 0
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 65280
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 6664

Prepared Statements:
Current: 5
------------------------------

Here's one of the saves, the rest I'm not 100% positive on since I've spent most of today just trying out different new civs and mods. I usually play world of tanks but I'm taking a break for a bit to get a little Civ in :)
The other two saves I tried other than this one were an auto save that was a turn or two earlier than this save, as well as a quicksave that I made before I went to bed last night that was about 8 or 9 turns earlier than this save.
I tried going different routes to see if it was something I was doing that was causing the crash, including choosing a different policy and trying to see if any workers were finishing anything that turn or if I had a deal with an NPC that was ending or something, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary really.

The game freezes after the turn where Mecca finishes its current build order and I pick another one. The freeze specifically happens just a second or two after I hit 'end turn' so I'm actually kindof thinking its something the fricken AI is doing.

When I tried this it was the first mod I'd downloaded for a fresh install (including wiping out my documents contents before the install), and I have the steam version of civ 5 with the mongols but no other civs.

Thanks a bunch for your help finding the log file I needed to check out!
and once again man, I really love your modpack. If your mod and procylons call to power mod ever had a baby I don't think I'd ever miss Rise of Mankind again :)
I love all the units and I think the pre-reqs are a great idea and make the game alot more interesting :)

Attachments

• Dan Shumaker_0746 AD-1702.7z
    972.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Dan Shumaker_0746 AD-1702.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
Finally I may have the source of the bug while moving unit (thanks to Thalassicus for this ! see here for details)

I have put a patch in the first post of this thread, to apply it just overwrite the file in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack 6 (v 6)

I don't know yet if this will affect saved games (I will try it tomorrow), so in case backup your old file first.

I will put a ver 6.1 online by the end of the week.
After this I will go for ver 7 but this one may take a while : I will add the new units from Danrell, for this I need to rework the tech tree to give them some place and in 10 days I will be off for 2 weeks :)

Top Bottom