RANDOM RANTS XXXIII: World, Y U make me fed up wit U?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the bright side, Michigan has no where to go but up. :)

Does anyone even take car alarms seriously when they do go off nowadays? Seems like they don't.

If it's your car alarm going off in your driveway at 4am, hell yes you take it seriously.

Car alarms aren't to tell other people your car is being stolen, they're to deter the person stealing it and inform the owner.

Rant: Alcohol educational courses.

I actually thought these were fun (and somewhat) informative. Playing with the BAC meter was fun. And those kids were such losers, but they know what happens at college parties nowadays - basically, they stay away from the "1 DRINK AND YOU WILL GET DRUNK AND CRASH YOUR CAR WHICH YOU DON'T HAVE" mantra used by some "alcohol education" courses and tell you that alcohol has negative effects which you need to be careful of.

I actually thought these were fun (and somewhat) informative. Playing with the BAC meter was fun. And those kids were such losers, but they know what happens at college parties nowadays - basically, they stay away from the "1 DRINK AND YOU WILL GET DRUNK AND CRASH YOUR CAR WHICH YOU DON'T HAVE" mantra used by some "alcohol education" courses and tell you that alcohol has negative effects which you need to be careful of.

Doesn't justify eating up an hour of my life doing it. Other than some stupid statistics, I didn't really learn anything useful.

Doesn't justify eating up an hour of my life doing it. Other than some stupid statistics, I didn't really learn anything useful.

I mean, you can run it in the background. When I had to do it a second time ;), that's what I did.

Snap, crackle, pop goes my neck.:twitch:

im used to being alone, as i was alone, emotionally for most of my life. i have no desire to change that, due to the (extremely) tenuous nature of "friendship".

Bah, friendship isn't tenuous if the people you consider friends, are, well, your friends.

Bah, friendship isn't tenuous if the people you consider friends, are, well, your friends.

well, that's the problem. its most likely my fault, but in the latest group of friends that i made (my 4th, actually) they all abandoned me two months ago. without a stated reason.

i just KNOW they had a reason for doing this, and they all leave without telling me. if i don't KNOW the problem, i cant, and will not fix it.

(they were all female)

well, that's the problem. its most likely my fault, but in the latest group of friends that i made (my 4th, actually) they all abandoned me two months ago. without a stated reason.

i just KNOW they had a reason for doing this, and they all leave without telling me. if i don't KNOW the problem, i cant, and will not fix it.

(they were all female)

Then they obviously weren't your friends, which is what I'm trying to get at.

"Friends" don't leave you, they wouldn't be your friends otherwise. The only way for a true friend to leave is if you two grow apart, which will take years of not seeing them and such. But even then, they can still be your friend if you start seeing them again.

I sent invitations on Monday to 8 people (including the girl I like) to get together for my birthday on the 13th, and only 3 have signed up so far.

Ah, the Great British weather.

EDIT: Double post, somehow after WIM posted :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom