New team colours!

Pounder said:
Sloth_MD, the colour on the mini map always seems to be lighter than the colour of the Civ, even if I choose the same colour for all 5 selections.

Yeah - can't do anything about that, or the fact that the city pop box on the main map is actually a couple shades darker than the reference color. That seems to be something firaxis is doing in-code to keep certain colors from completely washing out in those two areas.

Finally figured it all out, and know how to use it.
Only thing is that it takes a long time to change ALL the Palettes. ;)

rhye,hi,and sorry for the question at this forum,but i dont know where else to ask.i ask you cause i consider you very experienced.in c3c,there is a scientific leader,as you already know.unefortunately,is the only leader able to finish city improvements,and the military leader has no more this ability.how can we make the leader acts like the civ ptw?or,can we delete the scientific leader?

@low - Thanks for taking the time to change the colors and post your results. I downloaded and installed your version 1.22 file, however, but there are no multi-colored civs. What gives?! :(

@aracuan - The scientific leader option is in the startup screen when you begin a new game. It's a check box just like "allow cultural conversions," etc.

Only one question on this mod for Rhye: why are barbarians black? Would be better to have them white so it doesn't get me mixed up with PTW & Vanilla civ games I'm playing..

I liked so far best the way thy were in civ 2: bright red. But I think I'll change them back to white...

Reagan said:
@low - Thanks for taking the time to change the colors and post your results. I downloaded and installed your version 1.22 file, however, but there are no multi-colored civs. What gives?! :(

:confused: All I can say is to put the palettes in the civ 3/art/units/palette folder and the .biq in the main conquests folder. If it's not working for you then I don't know why.

Well, I'm halfway there. I got the palettes to work, but your .biq appears to be something other than version 1.22, despite the fact it says "1.22" in the corner of the intro screen (yes, I downloaded the 1.22 version you posted). Why do I say that? Because the tech screen has Radio as an industrial age tech and bombardment targets city improvements before military units. When I swap back to my backed-up .biq, Radio is gone but your colors are assigned to the wrong civs. :( :confused: :(

Hmm, that's odd. Mine is fine, and I haven't heard about this problem from anyone else yet. :/ I honestly don't know what the problem is. Can you send me your conquests.biq file so I can have a look at it? low42@charter.net .Or maybe you could try downloading the 1.22 version again.

I already tried downloading the 1.22 version a second time yesterday. I'm at work now but will send the two different .biq files to you tonight.

I just sent you the .biq files, low. Thanks for trying to help with this.

I can't believe you guys let this thread slip down to the second page. :eek:

Just letting you guys know that I'm redoing the civ colors with Sloth's handy program. I can't say when they'll be done but they will certainly look a lot better than before. ;)

Iow, would you mind posting your modified color palettes in this thread? The new colors looks so amazing and I don't have the software to edit palettes at this point...

Mille Grazie!

EDIT INTERVENTION: Ohh..never mind! I've just seen your post...

Attachments

• lightred.JPG
    lightred.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 540
Top Bottom