One Way Diplomacy

Zhahz

PC Gamer
Dunno if this counts as a bug or not, but I find it annoying.

One can easily have such mediocre or poor relations with an AI that the AI will not give you anything - no resource trading, no tech trading (unless it's moronically unbalanced in their favor), no asking them to go to war with someone, etc.

BUT

That AI will be able to ask for all of the above from you. They can demand your latest tech discovery (something you can't even do from friends), they can ask for gold, ask you to go to war, they can demand resources, etc.

Hell, sometimes two AIs will go to war and both will ask me to come to their aid, which is idiotic considering I'm probably on crappy terms with both of them.

So the AIs you get along with the worst can demand anything from you, which you will undoubtably not accept, and your relations will get worse and worse.

To me the diplomacy should go both ways equally.

(Side note, it's kinda silly when an AI asks you to go to war for them when you're already at war - war is costly in Civ IV and if you're already in a war it's frickin unlikely that you're going to want to join another war unless it's some kind of alliance vs alliance deal.)

Actually, I think its the way it should work...

AIs that don't like you should be constantly asking for stuff... being as annoying as hell. Just keep saying no... unless they're a little scary.

Ever noticed how it works in real life? Friends who don't want to upset you often ask for very little, but people who don't like you will be very demanding.

i think the red options should be selectable, i mean u could ask them for it, doesnt matter if they dont accept. same thing when they asks your latest tech for free, u wont give it to them

Having the options in red saves you wasting your time asking about them. It won't achieve anything other than damaging your relationship, so why have them selectable?

Top Bottom