Diplomacy

ytsejam02

Chieftain
Does anyone know if a rival civ will ever get over the fact that I declared war on them?

I declared war on someone in something like 2500BC, it's now 1760AD and I'm still receiving bad marks during diplomacy with them for it. Considering we're now friendly, it seems a bit odd.

At any rate, if the number gets lower or eventually disappears that's fine by me, but it shouldn't behave as if I declared war on the yesterday.

i also hates it when it says something like
"+3 our open border helped our relation
-1 our closed border sparks tension"

or
"+1 you helped us
-1 you refuse to help us"

i think those should be immediatly canceled out

I don't think they ever really forget warfare, except possibly if they ally with you against someone else. The effect does become less relevant though as several of the other modifiers such as religion and trading increase over time.

@panzooka: The second of those is a little strange and would probably be neater if they cancelled each other out. The first however is perfectly sensible as you have misread 'close' as 'closed'. The +3 is from you having an open borders agreement. The -1 is from the fact your borders are close to each other (probably borders have met to get this modifier). Several other people have made this mistake, so maybe they should change the text for the close borders to something else to make it clearer it is purely to do with distance between your borders, not your open borders status.

Top Bottom