Cannot find the civ4config file

hukassa99

Chieftain
Hello all!
Just bought a new laptop and thought that I`d finally get to play this awesome game (with cheats :) ) but now I cant even find the civ4config file. I have d/l all the patches and the game works great but I would like to have the cheats enabled. When I open the game directory I can see a shortcut icon of the _civ4config.ini but when I try to open it Vista says that the file has been moved to another location but cant find it. If I try to find it manually the destination folder is empty. There is a few other files that also has been "moved" to this same empty folder. Is this some kind of a bug in vista? Can anyone help me? I already tried to install the game to a different location but it did not make a difference. The file is prolly somewere because otherwise the game would not run(?), vista just wont let me access it. The game is purchased.
Thanks in advance!

Vista uses some virtual folders and moves some things around. When you install an application made for XP, it will redirect the files to different folders while still pointing to them for compatibility. I would suggest searching for My Games, making sure to have it search hidden and system folders.

Mine is in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games and is actually called "CivilizationIV.ini"

Thnx for the reply but still cant find it. I found a shortcut to civilizationIV.ini.bak file that cant be opened. . .. .. .. . Vista, havent had any use for it so far. Probably going to change back to Xp. Thank you anyway!

Damn, found it now. Weird tho...first I deleted the shortcut key _civ4config.ini then I started the game and then exited it again before playing. After I exit the game the shortcut key was there again but it looked abit different (don`t ask me in what way, can`t see the old shortcut anymore) and I could open the civ4config file in the notepad. Vista works in mysterious ways! LOl

I have windows 10 game works but no config file that I can find ,anyone else have this problem?:confused:

Top Bottom