"Error Loading Shader Libraries"

Whatever that version of DirectX is, it's the right one. I've played for about 2 hours without 1 blip.

Thanks Ori

Here is what i tried, and it seem to fix my problem. I download the this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d and then, i dont install, but rather just extract the x86 d3dx9_31.dll d3dx9_32.dll and d3dx9_33.dll. back up the same dll in system 32, and then replace the one in system 32 with the x86 i just extracted. i also have all 3 in the parent folder of bts

this is for civ4 complete, but im sure i will work for other version

i think the problem is that in 64 bit system, direct x update to the 64 bit dll files, which doesnt work with civ4

Here is what i tried, and it seem to fix my problem. I download the this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d and then, i dont install, but rather just extract the x86 d3dx9_31.dll d3dx9_32.dll and d3dx9_33.dll. back up the same dll in system 32, and then replace the one in system 32 with the x86 i just extracted. i also have all 3 in the parent folder of bts

this is for civ4 complete, but im sure i will work for other version

i think the problem is that in 64 bit system, direct x update to the 64 bit dll files, which doesnt work with civ4

This worked for me today. I had problems with a Windows 8.1 update killing Civ 4. I followed another thread on this site to determine that I needed to start secdrv service, which is done by writing two batch files:

one to start:

start cmd.exe /k "sc config secdrv start=demand"
start cmd.exe /k "sc start secdrv"

one to stop the service:

start cmd.exe /k "sc stop secdrv"
start cmd.exe /k "sc config secdrv start=disabled"

The civ4 exe needs this service running in order to initialize. However, Microsoft likely disabled the service in the update for security reasons. Thus, after civ4 initializes, I turn the service back off. The game runs fine.

This worked for patch 1.61. When patched through to 1.74, I got the shader library error. I tried to install Directx 9.0(c). However, that did not work. (note: Microsoft has removed the bulk of the web pages with that download and routes them to the Windows 10 install page, which I am not ready to do just yet for other reasons on this machine. Windows 10 may also solve the shader library problem).

I tried GeneralMeng's solution above and it worked fine for patch 1.74.

Thank you :)

Great thanks GeneralMeng :) I had this issue on Win10. First Civ4 was lack of dll , then shader libraries msg while starting. After putting those 3 dll files CIV4 works perfect: BABA YETU:)

Top Bottom