Support Section on Official Civ4 Site & Patch Download

Actually, just tried to load up another game and it won't work either...maybe it's just a coincidence that nothing's working after installing that patch, but it was all fine before hand...:mad:

longboardskier said:
Actually, just tried to load up another game and it won't work either...maybe it's just a coincidence that nothing's working after installing that patch, but it was all fine before hand...:mad:

It's not a coincidence, I have the exact same problem.

longboardskier said:
I just downloaded the new patch and installed it, but I wasn't able to load up the game anymore. After a few tries, I restarted. Still nothing. I just get the loading screen and then nothing more happens. So finally I uninstalled it and intalled it again, and I'm still having the same problem. Any suggestions on how to get the game to load up now?

I was having the same problem, but I got it to work by redownloading and then installing the patch again. (Without uninstalling anything). It worked for me.

Just tried that, and still nothing for me. It's not only this game that I can't load up now though. I've been trying to call tech support but all I get is a recording telling me to wait, then eventually telling me to hang up and try again. The past few minutes I've been getting the "the number you are trying to reach has been disconnected" messege. On top of all that their website isn't working properly either....:mad:

I'd have to guess it's due to the buttload of people who got the "program" for Christmas and have found they essentially got a box with nice artwork on it.

This reminds me back when Red Baron 2 came out.

when i try to install game it comes up with the direct x installer and when i accept and start installing it comes up with internal error check directx.log to determine problem any fixes u no please

i cant download the new patch!! for some reason the download will not complete

Ghozt, how many times have you tried? When the 1.09 patch came out, I couldn't download it in the first 24-36 hours.... just kept stopping.
I tried again later, and it worked fine...
Also, Firaxis have said there should be better error reporting now on patch failure - are you getting any messages?

Is there any solution for the computer novice? I certainly know how to do simple, basic solutions. But alot of these suggestions I have no clue about. I just know that the patch didn't work, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. I cannot take the game back to the store because it's been opened. So I am once again playing Civ III.:scan:

bimmer said:
My game will load and then dump to the desktop.
I ran the logging file and everything was the same as the screen they show except the bottom. Mine showed
25235.969 DBG: begin menumanager
25391.969 DBG: engine:camera intialized
25496.188 DBG: syncrandseed is 25383011 maprandseed is 25383011

What does this mean??
DBG stands for debug.

The other text are debug messages. randseed comes from random seed, a value needed in other to seed entropy for random number generation.
A seed should generally be set to some unpredictable number in order to generate truly random numbers.

sdogg691 said:
when i try to install game it comes up with the direct x installer and when i accept and start installing it comes up with internal error check directx.log to determine problem any fixes u no please
How about providing more information about what actually goes wrong.

Keep in mind that people are not standing/sitting behind your PC and CANNOT see what happens. You will have to be overly verbose or use screenshots.

I have been able to download the patch but when I try installing it, it says I don't have Civilization 4 installed on my computer..... Now this is strange considering I opened Civ 4 and downloaded the patch using the update finder in the game.

If you are a Direct2Drive customer, you need to install their version of the Patch

If you are not a Direct2Drive - any other symptoms that you noticed whilst playing ?

Regards
Zy

While I am waiting to see whether that patch will work I have had no other problem with the game. I'm going to download the D2D patch just in case that may work but I didn't get this via Gamespy's D2D. I have the box and everything right next to me in a drawer.

no - dont download it - edit follows

EDIT: Dont use that Direct2Drive version if you have the DVD/CD version, you must load the relevant patch. You have the box version, so dont use the Direct2Drive patch.

Please Post your Dxdiag in a separate thread in the main forum, and someone pick you up from there. Add all the symptoms you can remember

regards
Zy

meandlorenzo said:
I have been able to download the patch but when I try installing it, it says I don't have Civilization 4 installed on my computer..... Now this is strange considering I opened Civ 4 and downloaded the patch using the update finder in the game.
If you go to your control panel and then add or remove programs, does it get listed there?

I got the same problem.
I installed the newest patch, downloaded it from their official website.
When i try to start the game i get a loading picture, when it dissappears nothing happens anymore... i cannot find civ4 in taskmanager.. it never starts :(

also, i hoped to uninstall the patch, but i cannot find it in control panel/add-remove software.
Is there a way to uninstall this patch?

I am no computer expert, but when i closed my mcafee virusscan i do get an error message. It tells me i have the wrong dvd/cd... but that cannot be, i have the official one and its right in my dvd/cd player! :(

I downloaded the new official patch.

This is what I get now, when I try to load a game or start a new one. (I.E. after the green line is done, where it gives you game tips, right before you'd start the game/see the map etc)

Popup:
FATAL ERROR - Your system has run out of video memory. Please try reducing your video settings.
File:\main\civilization4.bak\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9ReneredTextureData.cpp, Line: 167

Any suggestions on how I can reduce my video settings or what this means?

Top Bottom