R.E.D. World War II development thread

Each class first, but I'll use any that can fit a specific unit after.

I love your Stuka :D

T_KCommanderbly I love your icons, may I use them in my own mod ?

By the way I found some older icons from you and you are getting better at this ! :goodjob:

T_KCommanderbly I love your icons, may I use them in my own mod ?

By the way I found some older icons from you and you are getting better at this ! :goodjob:

Ya of Course.

And here is a KV-2, I think they had the same turrets on the KV-1 so maybe it could be used for both? but I guess this could be a early heavy tank.

Attachments

• kv2.jpg
    kv2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 12,100
haaa, The KV-2... I still need to tweak a bit my units statistics table so it can fit in :D

A small report on the next update :

I've finally coded something to handle AI naval transport, UK will use it on the 1939 map to send troops to France, Norway or Africa if reinforcement are needed.

That not the "invasion" code yet, D-Day is not ready...

I've also added the possibility to limit city damage taken from air assault, but those damage will be reported to nearby improvement. Meaning factory could be pillaged by constantly bombing nearby cities... It will then be repaired over time (1 to 5 turns depending of damage received, if there are no other bombing during that time...)

Sounds cool :)

I'm still testing the 1936 scenario, as Italy I got an error when a French destroyer attacked my submarine, other wise the scenario has worked perfectly so long as I hide my subs.

And here is a P-38 or Heavy Fighter

I think I'll do an amiot 350/fast bomber next but I don't know if their are any specific ones you would prefer I do next.

Attachments

• p38.jpg
    p38.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 12,091
thanks, fast bomber is needed, then maybe tank destroyer (light/normal)

I was informed by Gedemon that this was the place to discuss ideas. Well, I was wondering if you guys would like to see the addition of a Netherlands civ to the game. I was thinking that for the European map we could do a "Low Countries" civ with would just be Brussels and Amsterdam, and on the world map it would be Amsterdam and her colonies.

The leader would be Queen Wilhelmina. I currently have around 8 Dutch WWII posters, and several pictures of QW herself. I have a torrent that has her invasion address on it, but I can't convert it.

I could write the leader screen info.

What do you guys think?

@D712 Its always awsome to add civs, The only thing with combining the low countries is it isn't as realistic however it would be great to have the Netherlands seperate but of course that is my opinion.

And here is the Amiot-350.

I guess for the Light TD maybe a Hetzer or Panzerjaeger, then for the medium TD a stug III ?

Attachments

• amiot350.jpg
    amiot350.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 66
Great one :D

And yes the Panzerjäger I and stug III will be perfect.

On a side note, I've lost my data HDD yesterday when my computer fall pretty hard while it was powered on... I'm lucky to have "only" loss that drive and not the system disk, but all my files related to modding were on it.

I've got some old saves, and I hadn't worked on the WWII mod since last release so nothing lost here, I'll restart from what's on the CFC file DB, but my work on other (unreleased) mods from a few weeks is totally lost :-/

@D712 what format is the file in your torrent for the speech ?

Panzerjager :)

And i've been testing the 1936 scenario and encountering an error which I havn't been able to nail yet. So far it is only when I play as the USA, I get no errors when Italy or the Soviet Union, I'll probably post a save later but I dunno if you can think of anything.

Attachments

• panzerjagerI.jpg
    panzerjagerI.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 12,024
Nice :D

And yes, post the save or the log, I'll have a look at it.

Thanks, merged... If you do not plan further change to the map until this WE, I'll try to add the hotseat feature to your 1936 scenario (a few edit to the scenario tab of the map are needed).

I can't load the save with v.23 (not compatible with the change) and because of my HDD crash I don't have a copy of v.20 to test it... Can you just post the log or a zipped version of R.E.D. WWII v.20 ? :D

And I've corrected the M3 Grant entry, that was a leftover from when I was not sure on how to implement American units used by UK...

I can't load the save with v.23 (not compatible with the change) and because of my HDD crash I don't have a copy of v.20 to test it... Can you just post the log or a zipped version of R.E.D. WWII v.20 ? :D

Forget that, I've managed to load it, testing now, maybe a bug with vanilla function unit:JumpToNearestValidPlot() if there are no valid plot (crash occurs when Germany is capturing Luxembourg and an infantry unit try to escape from the city...)

Yep confirmed, as a quick fix (but that will also remove the ability for land unit to escape captured cities) just comment out of the code the line

Code:
unit:JumpToNearestValidPlot()

to

Code:
--unit:JumpToNearestValidPlot()

in the RedUtils.lua file, maybe just for one turn and change it back after.

The problem does not appears on the 1939 Europe map because Greenland have no owner there and provide valid plots for any units :D

But don't change your map, I'll remove unit:JumpToNearestValidPlot() and replace it with a custom code to handle units escaping from cities...

Thanks for fixing!

The only update I was working on was using your supply line feature, I think I only need to edit the script (is that correct?) so it should be easy to copypaste into your update.

Yes, only the script for convoy. I'll try to post a describtion on how it (should) work, but just ask if something is cryptic...

Another update on the 1936 scenario, I did lots of testing and editing. Added the convoys and i also created the lend lease act so after march 1941 the allies will recieve extra convoys from America. I also added some of your other features like beachhead damage...

Anyways here is that file:

http://www.filedropper.com/1936update3

This map should be fully playable now, i dunno if it is a good idea to create another thread.

And similer to the Grant the Baltimore and Takao unit's civilizations were incorrectly set, so they were unbuildable.

thank you :)

Do you think you can make an icon atlas with all the ones you've already done btw ?

Top Bottom