State of the Union

TheAmerican

Warlord
CAUTION: STRONG, RACIAL LAUNGAGE USED IN THIS STORY.

Chapter I

The Palace's grand hall was alive with gossip and laughter. Politicians and nobles alike were all waiting in eager anticipation for the Emperor to make his annual state of the union speech. Many expected the Emperor to touch on several key issues, such as the status of the negroes to the west and the vassalization of Carthage. The Holy Roman Empire had been growing at the expense of her Christian brothers, but her neighbors were beginning to grow weary of It's war like ways. Even worse, the negroes to the west were demanding equal rights and more autonomy. But there was one issue that particularly made the nobles nervous, there had been a string of anti-governmental uprisings around Aachen.

The Empire was no stranger to internal strife, they controlled vast tracks of territory and rebellions were frequent. However, the rebels they faced now were of an entirely different breed. They were hard right conservatives, the people who would traditionally be the Emperor's most loyal supporters. What was even more disturbing was that these rebels had actually managed to capture several ammo caches and vehicle depots from the Army. The only reason the nobles had shown up were because the Emperor promised them that the palace could not be penetrated. Trumpets started ringing.

"His Majesty, Emperor Charlemange XXI, King of the Roman-Zulu Kingdom; Emperor of Persia, Egypt, Native America, Ethiopia, Carthage, Rome, and Turkey has the floor!"

A powerful figure stepped up to the podium, dressed in military uniform and with a Carthaginian crown on his head. He towered over the nobles and politicians, he stood at an impressive seven feet tall. They all stood and applauded. The applause continued for several minutes, and slowly died down. Emperor Charlemange cleared his voice, and spoke.

"My friends, the state of the union is strong. With the inclusion of Carthage into our Empire, we have united all of southern Europe under a Roman banner. And even as I speak her tonight, Grand Marshal Eichman is eliminating the enemies of the crown that have infested the country sides of Aachen. We will not rest until they are all either dead, or rotting in prison."

The crowd began cheering. Charlemange stood silently as they displayed their affection for him. Then he continued.

"The negroes seek civil rights and more autonomy. To some of you this might sound arrogent, after all, why should the negroes have any right to govern themselves?"

Charlemange paused for a moment.

"Well I believe that the negroes have served the Emperors of Rome for nearly a thousand years, and that they are not negroes, but that they are true Romans!"

The crowd cheered and applauded. The Zulu politicians in paticular were getting into it.

"And true Romans, deserve to be masters of their own desti...

KABOOM!

A tank round tore through the grand hall's eastern wall like butter, killing and wounding Zulus and Romans alike. Emperor Charlemange looked on in horror. The crowd was trying to flee through the front door, forgetting that it was barred by the royal guard. Men with guns poured through the hole in the wall. They started opening fire on the nobles, they showed no mercy. Romans were killed quickly, Zulus were beaten to death. The slaughter went on for fifteen minutes, but it seemed like a lifetime for the Emperor whom had hid behind the podium.

A bullet passed through the wooden podium and struk Charlemange in the shoulder. He crawled out, gasping in pain. One of the armed men grabbed him and said, "I'll be damned if niggers and Romans are given the same rights as Germans."

BANG!

Emperor Charlemange's life was snuffed out, along with the Kingdom.

Top Bottom