Biggest Military you've ever built?

Sky_Net

Chieftain
I'm playing the Russians and I have 14 cities.

I have,
155 Modern Armor
20 Mechanized Infantry
55 Jet Fighter
35 Stealth Bomber
10 ICBM
8 Submarine
12 Transport
8 Carrier
20 Battleship
13 Destroyer

Can't wait to invade my enemies with the army I have. :cool:

If it's CivIV, I haven't even gotten to the Modern Times due to loading trouble on the main comp. If it's CivIII, my largest army was probably triple all of that, with a loss of only -4. Can't remember how many cities though...

Impressive Modern Armor count.

With me, I usually have five (5) Mechanized Infantry with City Garrison 1,2, and 3 defending each of my cities. Makes it damn hard to take a city of mines. I run a Police State, Emancipation/Serfdom, State Property, and Theocracy Civilization. With the Pentagon (I make sure to always get it.) I get three free promotions with every unit I make.

I almost always have a massive navy. Once got destroyed because I couldn't defend my shores. Never will happen again. But that Modern Armor count would make me orgasm.

Yeah, most of the time you just attack with what you feel is enough to do the job. No need for overkill. :lol:
In my last game I managed to produce quite a number of MA's though, by the end I had 397 of them. Add to that 82 MI's, 68 transsports, 31 destroyers and 20 Battleship. Yep, I did not have a single airplane, no nukes, no artillery, no marines, no helis. It was a huge/monarch/marathon game (me playing Elisabeth) and I was so far ahead of the AI that I dropped research, bought every building and then just pumped MA's until I had won a conquest vistory. I had about 50 cities though so my unit concentration wasn't that high. ;)

: That is a very impressive number you have their, I feel very sorry for your unsuspecting enemies (may they be conqured).
:
:
:But as for me, the greatest army I ever built up (well in less then an hour anyways) was a fast and swift pillaging force of:

A.) 50 Impis'
B.) 20 Horsemen
C.) 35 Swordsmen
D.) 10 Archers
E.) And to top it off 5 warriors (lmao, I know, I know, I just built them cause I couldn't afford any more upgrades :sad: )

:Of course when I actually did attack I met stiff resistance (War-elephants) from India, but hay, 20 Elephants vs. 120 units of pure speed and muscle, who do you think would win??
:
:
:I ended up conquering India in a matter of turns, but by the time the Modern Era came about, my once mighty Impi force (now numbering about 5) was forced to take up the gun, and fight a new type of war.

NubianMercenary

That is a huge army, and one of the most advanced. Not using world builder, right? Just kidding. Seriously, that is extreamly impressive.

haha I surpass all them and I have the proof.

409 Mech Infantry
216 Modern Armour
192 Helicopters

You need a big army when taking over the world! :lol:

Blake, I see from the Map you only own the State of Tasmania in Australia (the island at the bottom), what's the matter with the rest of Australia?? :p

lol I haven't gotten round to invading the Japanese yet who control Australia. I'm taking down Italians first.

I am playing europe map with modern warfare mod, i have conquered more than half of the map. My civilization is Russia.

At the moment my army is:

Armored units:
Motorised Infantry (10)
T84 (247)
Armored Personel Carrier (9)
Tank Destroyer (19)

Helicopter Units:
Mi24 Hind D (33)
Mi24 (4)

Naval Units:
Transport (13)
Destroyer (4)
Battleships (35)
Missile Cruiser (2)
Submarine (3)
Akula Class (2)
Nuclear Carrier (1)

Siege Weapons:
Machine Gun (19)
Artillery (24)
Self Propelled Artillery (22)

Gunpowder Units:
Modern Infantry (60)
Sam Infantry (4)
Marine (134)
Mobile Sam (1)

Mounted Units:
Cossack (1) :)

Other Units:
Settler (2)
Worker (26)
Work Boat (2)
Early Fighter (3)
MiG 15 (3)
Air Superior Fighter (19)
Multi-Role Fighter (4)
MiG 25 Foxbat (5)
Close Air Support Fighter (5)
Air Transport (5)
Stealth Bomber (19)
Tu95 Bear (4)
Tactical Nuke (2)

This is my biggest army so far and its growing all the time. I wonder how big it gonna be at end of the game :D

blake where did u get that world map for a game? i want it... also how in the world do you end up getting these massive armies?

anyway in my current game i have about 40 infantry and 20 artillary also about 10 helicoptors and another 10 fighter planes

I've had over 100 cossacks before, I beelined for MT as stalin for my first prince victory, it was a semi-pangea map with one small continent offshore, had domination victory before I had to use my might navy of 1 galley and 2 frigates to ferry those 100 cossacks over to take out egypt.

Edit: Out of date.

I'm playing germans and i have biuld 30 icbm. I used 15 so now i have only 15 left.

Edit: Global Warming is problem now and everybody is little bit angry. (Not my fault!)

Those tanks feel lonely. :[

In Civ4 I'm not sure I've got over 200 units. However, in Civ3, I once played a game with the goal of making my largest army ever, had War-Time economy even while at peace, and achieved:
12 Settlers
23 Workers
193 Spearmen
2 Longbowmen
1 Musketman
2 Knights
32 Riflemen
74 Cavalry
146 Catapults
12 Cannons
23 Galleys
36 Caravels
25 Frigates
22 Galleons
66 Ironclads
135 Immortals
1 Privateer
== 805 units total.

That's 12 short of Blake4000...so close!

Perhaps as impressive is that at this point I was in the middle of my war against rifleman-and-infantry Egypt, and thus losing many troops in a very bloody war.

Why all the spearmen? For some reason I was a Republic, so I was paying 800 gold/turn in support, so my economy was quite a bit below average.

And my advisor was still telling me I could support a larger army. Guess his degree isn't in economics.

I have no idea what the most I have ever built (moslty play multi player) but i once saw someone build over 100 preats before mace in a multiplayer earth game. That is doing something.

Top Bottom