The Pyramids of Japan

Light-Giver

Warlord
Hi, i want to lay out how i am able to consistantly build the pyramids with useing Japan on the 18 Civ map, I like how they start on a island so you can focuse on technology with little fear of a attack and get the pyramids for early representation. England has a great starting location too but its too small and surrounded by others with nowere to expand.

Spoiler :
K here is the start of time...

and here is the starting position (no surprise)

and this is the founding of a kyoto

Spoiler :

After some exploration to the south i pop my first barb hut and it gives me gold! Great for when i found my first city so i can run research in the negetives for a few more turns

That warrior then went north and poped another hut and got some xp, not it is up north fogg busting

now for the resources found right after the founding

I want to build improvements that are in red and found citys in the spots that are blue,
The build list goes like this for the first few turns Worker boat, worker, i want the worker boat to farm the fish just out side of the border first, then a worker can build improvements to the spots in red in that order.
Last but not least im starting with the first few techs researched are mystisism and polytheism
Well there is the start so far i will play the game out for alittle longer and post a update.
The is almost garented for the pyramides to be build following a overflow of research on the techs i skiped and ultimatly a golden age right around the time for building sameries. Hope ya like this story as it unfolds

Ok, I had lost my mad rush to found hynduism so i swiched to medetation but 2 turns away it was founded too...
So after that failed attemped i swich my research to agraculture so a worker can work the rice outside of my city.
Just then my worker boat was done and my pop is 3 so i begin work on a worker
here is a screen shot
Spoiler :

as soon as i made a fishing boat off the shore the turns till the worker is done droped to 8 and the research for agraculture droped to 7,

Note if any of you want to play just open up a 18 civ map on vanilla and play as japanise on regulare settings, no worries ill put saves up as the game progresses

Ok i played out some more and it seems like its all going as planed,

my following research went like this after agro
animal/sailing/mineing/bronze/iorn/hunting/archery

i split this into 2 segments, before the start of the pyramids and during construction

before the pyramids
Spoiler :
K i will start off right after founding my secound city of osaka near the bottom of the island and tell it to build a workerboat then a worker like the capital
It has fish and some gold which will come in handy cause kyoto will fill up fast with population

In the mean time kyoto was building barracks/warrior/galley/settler/ then pyramids

I would go usaly skip the barracks but putting animal husbandry first before sailing made me postpone the galley and settler.

here is a screeny of the progress after the galley is built,
Spoiler :

Now a few turns latter the secound settler is done and he is off to the settle on korea but wait!

1 turn before the settler lands the chinese make a city right in the spot! so i mark that city as the first 1 i want to conquore then found a city on the north part of the island.

And durring constructon of the pyramids

Spoiler :
Finaly the pyramids were being build but construction was gona take too long

65 turns ! no way, i already know where bronze and iorn will apear so i head for that tech to reveal them and i get a worker ready to mine them
I have the worker mine the hills after researching bronze working, and about that time osaka finished its worker, i had him mine some gold for happyness in kyoto and help out his bro.
Eventualy the map looked like this

There ya go only 15 turns i am researching wrighting now and gearing up to get the great library.

here is the recent save...

Attachments

• puramids of japan.Civ4SavedGame
    318.6 KB · Views: 85
unfortenatly i failed to complete the pyramids and i shale restart the only diffrence is that insted of building barracks in kyoto i will skip that and swich animal husbandry and sailing around. Ill post the save after i do that.

Top Bottom