The Infallible Spanish Pope of Hinduism

:religion: From invalid to infallible

This was my first time playing as the Spanish Empire, the setting were noble, continents, normal size, and normal length. I started on a continent with Egypt to the south and Rome to the north. I play as Rome almost all the time, so it was odd having them as a rival. I greatly exploited the Spiritual trait of Isabella, I had founded Hinduism and it had spread to both Rome and Egypt. As time went on I focused a lot of attention on religious pursuits. What I neglected to exploit was the expansionist trait, and I had paid for that latter in the game. At this point the only thing I had going for me was that I had founded the only religion on the continent. I was a puny nation sandwiched between the enormous and militaristic Rome to the north and the equally threatening Egypt to the south. I bee-lined down to theocracy, but someone beat me to Christianity; I did however construct the apostolic palace. This was a major turn of events; I went from being the leader invalid province waiting to be conquered to being in the infallible Spanish Pope of Hinduism. I was elected due to my vote and Egypt’s supporting vote, Rome however had always voted for itself. This was just a prelude of things to come.

:religion:PAX Hispano

Rome and Egypt had declared war on each other, but I had exercise power to end the conflict. Some turns later, an open border resolution was past and the Eastern Hemisphere experienced a very long period of peace and productivity. I had sent ships loaded with missionaries on a quest the convert the Western heathens to Hinduism and further expand my tentacles across the globe. I was met with no hostility from the indigenous peoples of the Western continents. The West was inhabited by the Native Americans, Persia, China, and Korea. Persia had founded Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Confucianism, but those religions were not greatly spread out. Korea had founded Buddhism and managed to spread it to 22% of the world. I was successful in spreading Hinduism to every nation and accounted for 52% of the world at the time.

:religion:Hindu Manifest Destiny

I knew the destiny of Spain; I was to become the religious leader of Hinduism, elected by the world. I manage to convert almost every nation with the exception of Korea, who was also attempting the same victory with Buddhism. They had become annoyed with me, so I put a global trade embargo against them. Many times I requested the Religious leader resolution, and I always managed to be only a few votes away. The world wanted me to be the leader, except for Korea who abstained, and the main reason, Rome. Julius Caesar had always voted for himself, and if I only had a portion of his vote count, I would have won. It’s almost as if Rome was getting revenge on me for choosing not to play as them. I had scrambled to convert more and more cities, a lot of the time they would fail to convert, but I was persistent because at this point it was the only real way for me to win.

Prelude to Apocalypse

The modern age had come, and Rome was still strong and in the forefront. Caesar had built the UN and was elected the leader. The world was Bi-polar at this point; I was its religious leader and Caesar as its UN leader, tension was growing. I had to avoid learning mass media so my power would not become obsolete, I need to win soon! Suddenly, through my power, a global defense pact was passed with all members voting yes. But then strangely enough, a couple turns after the pact, after thousand of years of peace and with a friendly relationship, Rome declared war on me…:backstab:

Epilogue

I quit the game, I know, I know, I should have played it to the bitter end. Let’s just say I am a sore loser.

But overall my experience with Spain was enjoyable, and I will definitely play with them again.

Yo really should have played that through to the end... all the rest of the world would have helped you against Rome (Global Defense Pact) (although that might not have been enough)

Yo really should have played that through to the end... all the rest of the world would have helped you against Rome (Global Defense Pact) (although that might not have been enough)

Yes, they did come to my aid, I think china and egypt would have done some serious damage. But I just quit because I was disheartened, after all that work, I didn't have the head to be in a world war.

That was an epic story, you managed to start a world wide religion war lol.

Do you have a save at all? Or some screenshots?
I'd love to see the situation at the time of the war.
But this is quite an epic story, definitely a great read :D

Top Bottom