Rate Posters' Political Views(Opt-in Required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tani Coyote

Son of Huehuecoyotl
We've all had political compass threads... but have we ever had a thread where we can actually describe ourselves and others' positions, from what we've seen in action?

Rules:

1. No trolling or flaming, obviously.

2. The poster must opt in to be rated, so no saying that Poster x is political ideology y, no matter how respecteful it would have been.

3. General forum rules apply.

Recommendations:

Please provide a reasoning for your descriptions, so as to create a bit more discussion.

Alright, here we go:

Myself: I describe myself as a centrist with moderate right leanings. I tend to swing to the right on financial and foreign policy issues, but to the left on social issues.

Furthermore, I often am right-wing in principle, but make many compromises that make me left-wing in practice. For instance: I have nothing against war(I'm fairly imperialist) or the death penalty, but finances and basic logic state that in general, these are poor policy ideas and should be reserved for extreme cases. Similarly, I feel everyone should pull their own weight without assistance, but a quick look at the data and (not so) common sense shows welfare keeps the economy's engines running far smoother.

So I'd say I factor in as some slightly-right wing leaning centrist libertarian... thingy. I style myself a "Marian" to make things easier on my poor brain.

Others:

*tumbleweed blows by*

...Nobody's opted in, so I'm so ronery... :(

Well, as a beginning, you can describe me.

I'd say I'm central - far left on pretty much everything. Basically, if I were president, I would try my hardest to be the exact opposite of Bush (2). I don't believe in a deity, and am a pacifist, and I am a big supporter of free trade. I don't support the death penalty on grounds that it still counts as killing someone. I would say that if I was president, my first priority would be to save the environment and to stop relying on oil. It's not like America has any excuse, it has the potential to not only get itself out of debt, but to make massive profits as was shown by Bill Clinton, and has miles of desert to get solar power plants, and rivers to make dams.

I'm in too folks... fire away!

Alright, i am in Tekee.

My political view is purely common sense and listen to whatever the opposite of whatever anyone else says. So I have little political representation in Canada. I change ideology according to issue, I care not for ideology. My only ideology what is good for for white race is good for all. Total anti-racist, especially racism against whites.
My ratings: (I only rate those who I know enough about to rate their views, to the others, make better known your views :p)

Lone Wolf
my expierences with his politics is that he is an internationalist, one of those sophisticated cosmopolitans that travel the world, so that they can brag about their sosphistication. As such I see Lone Wolf as being not ideological. A left of center.

RedRalphWiggum

Ah Total Ideologue! Deluded. Not only does he have a strong ideology of communism RedRaplhWiggum also will find common ground with many other left causes! enemy of the right.

Taniciusfox
A centrist totally, I would garner him even as a common sense person like me :). I can not say he is ideological to any view, but will change according to issue. So a complete centrist.

holy king
I#m in.

you can troll and flame me, i dont mind.

if you say so:
Spoiler :
My only experience with him is thus, he has one rule to politics. Anti-Slav and pro-Jewish.

Opting in and you can be as rude as you want to me. I don't care. Although I don't really plan on doing the reverse and rating others.

I'm in. I think my views are fairly well enough known as not to require a review.

i'll opt in

stormbind (opts-in)

Keywords: apolitical; ideological; observational.

I approach politics with skepticism and feel that the underlying philosophical frameworks that make debate possible are much more significant. As a baseline, I take the view that everyone who engages in political argument shares the intention to make the world a better place. Furthermore, I believe that each person's point of view stems from their own incommunicable experiences. Consequently, political arguments will rarely cause opinions to change. I take pleasure in mitigating harm and defending the weak. It humours me to confuse and alienate politically aroused individuals :)

My occupation relates to the research and development of human-computer interactions.

Opting in!

Oh, by all means, count me in. My opinions are so clearly affected by what everyone else thinks, so I am really curious.

I'm in, fire away.

I describe myself as a progressive. I believe in government programs and regulation, but still feel that capitalism is a better system than anything else. Socially I'm about libertarian as you can get: gay rights, pro-choice, legalization of marijuana, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom