Do girls play civ?

but then again, there is the pics or gtfo scenario that always presents itself when a female makes her presence known.

see: every forum ever.

Not in this one, probably because Civ doesn't really cater to that kind of immature people and because if you so much as breathe wrong, the mods will give you an infraction.

Moonsinger still, probably.

Misotu is very good as well.

Mylene doesn't do the HoF (I think) so we can't rate her.

EDIT: Top tip for girls - have a username beginning with "M". Dial M for something.

Moonsinger hasn't shown in years. Moonsinger is also the queen of marabuse + inca cheesing. IMO the skill required in her wins puts her 3rd on your list, not first...especially now that she probably hasn't even played since before I had 1000 posts :p.

IMO right now Mylene is the best player who is known to be female.

HoF has a lot of good players (Tachy, bcool, Sun Tzu Wu, Wastintime, and so forth) but I don't think those games represent actual best play (this is one of the reasons I've been in some long and on occasions hot-collared arguments against some players and HoF staff for civ IV and especially V...HoF advertises "best play" but often represents something else entirely), they represent one's ability to 1) cook settings 2) spam games and 3) play at least reasonably well.

I hate hate hate hate that, because it puts smoke and mirrors on players and leaves others underappreciated. For example, Misotu has some absolutely incredible HoF diplo wins -------> but how many of those OCC relied on awesome starts + PHI/FIN? I've studied how a lot of the top finishers played. The answer is a good deal of them. Someone reading the logs could probably match her tech for tech and beat her if lucky enough if they tried enough times.

There are some good crossover players who aren't strictly HoF too (Lexad, Jesusin, etc). IMO a good barometer is how players contribute in XOTM as well as SGOTM games, and forum games where you're not allowed to run cooked starts. Adaptive play where people are forced to change strategy for the map instead of changing the map until it fits the strategy they want to use.

Was I really the best player in G major 96? Really? I don't think I was, but according to HoF I am the #1 player on deity/quick standard size right now.

...No way in hell that's accurate. Just saying.

I've seen a lot of strategy, a few games played, and some of the planning done by Mylene. I think Misotu is very good also but IMO best KNOWN female player right now is Mylene.

FWIW, the best player on the forum overall at this moment I think is Rusten :). The usual deity S&T guys are good, but some of the things I've seen from Rusten over past few months prove it IMO.

You guys are comparing things waaay too much (rings a bell?) :D
Thanks for the flowers thou TmiT ~~
You explained well why i cannot be bothered with HoF games, i rarely look at dates or scores, and if someone asks me "when did you get Lib?" i have to go and look ;)

C'mon guys, are you all forgetting PolyCast has almost always had two regular female co-hosts, not to mention the 2007 Xmas special: "Girls Playing Civ"?
:hatsoff:

(The special being referred to can be accessed from here.)

This whole thread gives me idea of a CFC 2012 "Girls play Civ4" special edition calendar :)

This whole thread gives me idea of a CFC 2012 "Girls play Civ4" special edition calendar :)

I like it. Girls of Civ4 Calendar...possiblities

as random as the RNG is you might be right ;) nowadays RNG works in my favor, but for how long?

I am convinced by Paradigm Shifter totally. We could try more incense but ultimately you're right, how long?. So far they've been good to me but I can count on nothing.

Well it certainly makes a change from invading Hatty with my enormous stack, and after I had finished she was still "Pleased".

You can manage that with pretty much anybody if you're willing to liberate cities back after they've capitulated...and the game provides considerable incentive to do so on high difficulties.

don't feel bad PS I got DoW'ed by MM and Hatty, and MM destroyed my stack. After I nuked Roosevelt 18 times. Hatty why you gotta do me like that?

El Cid once declared war on me at Friendly.

El Cid once declared war on me at Friendly.

The AI's can go to war at Friendly, but they don't plan war against you at Friendly. So if they'ver been Friendly for a while, you're safe. Some of the AI's don't even plan war at Pleased. Cathy might be bribed into it, even at Friendly. Anyway, it sounds like you're playing a mod.

If you have a vassal you can't tell with the base game what the true attitude is.

Way to ruin my smutty joke.

Wohoo! On-topic griefing.

Actually it's an important tactic to know and use though, since it allows you to magically generate units out of nothing and get actual help from vassals when usually that isn't viable.

Top Bottom