State of the Union 2012- Live Commentary and Heckling.

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
Obama released a short preview video of what he intends to go over tonight.

Link to video.

Now, as is traditional here in OT, once the State of the Union program starts, every time you see your own Congress person, you have to take a drink.

Air time is 9PM Eastern time.

As expected, Republicans are already criticizing everything the president might possibly say.

A four full minute trailer!? I'm more pumped for this movie than I am for The Hobbit now.

Mitch Daniels is doing the response to this right? Think they are trying to set him up to be the VP candidate?

As expected, Republicans are already criticizing everything the president might possibly say.
Figured as much. :rolleyes:

Meh, I'm not even entirely sure what the new guy for my district looks like! He replaced Bart Stupak, and he campaigned as one of those tea party types.

It's funny that he acts as if he's writing the speech.

So just about starting time. Lots of camera on Gabby Giffords. She announced the other day that she's leaving Congress because of her injuries.

I was really hoping for some good opening music when Obama entered the room. I would vote for that.

EDIT: Is there a rule for clapping because I would have given up after 15 seconds, and there still goin strong like 4 minutes later.

So just about starting time. Lots of camera on Gabby Giffords. She announced the other day that she's leaving Congress because of her injuries.

Well, I'll feel bad heckling her. :sad:

Also, does anyone know who is the designated survivor this year?

I bet John Boehner cringed when presenting the President. :p

Alright, I'm here and I have a fifth of vodka. We're doing it live!

It's adorable how he thinks that outsourcing has anything to do with the high unemployment today.

It's equally adorable how he's coddling "manufacturing".

Alright, I'm here and I have a fifth of vodka. We're doing it live!
A State of the Union drinking game could be fun.

Anyhow, it looks like Obama is shifting into election stance, vowing to fight obstructionism and poor policy rather than being conciliatory like he was last year. I think the GOP can have fun with the State of the Union response address.
It also looks like he is trying to grab the blue collar workers in 2012.

It's adorable how he thinks that outsourcing has anything to do with the high unemployment today.
Care to explain, or at least send me toward some articles?

Last one of these I think I watched was 2002.

Blah blah new program blah blah Iran bad blah blah obstructionism.

Pass.

Sounds like a Ron Paul speech.

Top Bottom