What is Fall Further? Feature List and FAQ

question: what does the force 1 spell (accelerate) actually do?

I can't find any reference to it and it is always greyed out.

question: what does the force 1 spell (accelerate) actually do?

I can't find any reference to it and it is always greyed out.

It is the equivalent of Haste for Siege units.

cool. I think the tip for it is broken, as it only says 'forced effects only last for 1 round'.

Is there anything that will increase the chances of terrain becoming Wetlands, for the swamp dwelling races? I am on turn 295 and only three plots have become wetlands. Of course, I started in the desert, with a few rivers, and had workers "spring" all the desert tiles. And did have a few tiles with forest.

Is there anything that will increase the chances of terrain becoming Wetlands, for the swamp dwelling races? I am on turn 295 and only three plots have become wetlands. Of course, I started in the desert, with a few rivers, and had workers "spring" all the desert tiles. And did have a few tiles with forest.

The quickest to change are Grassland tiles on riversides, so a desert start is pretty harsh. The "FlavourStart" option is probably quite important for the Lizardmen, as they do gain quite a lot from their swamplands (FlavourStart should start you near very suitable terrain for Wetland spread).

If you are stuck with deserts, spring and Genesis are pretty much your only recourse, other than hunting down some jungle and colonizing there too.

This was with the Erebus map script with flavor start. I have started two games with this script and FF, one as Sidar, and one as Lizards. Both started in dry areas, and near the Seven Pines -- which was on desert both times. I would think that would at least be restricted to a plot that was forested...

I guess I had bad luck. I don't think genesis works in patch D.

This was with the Erebus map script with flavor start. I have started two games with this script and FF, one as Sidar, and one as Lizards. Both started in dry areas, and near the Seven Pines -- which was on desert both times. I would think that would at least be restricted to a plot that was forested...

I guess I had bad luck. I don't think genesis works in patch D.

Actually, I have been noticing a serious bug with the Erebus mapscript. Extensive testing seems to show that the flavor start built into the mapscript conflicts quite heavily with Flavor 2.0. I don't think I have EVER seen the Mazatl start in jungle in recent history when using Erebus with Flavor Start enabled.

Could the flavor start built into Erebus PLEASE be stripped out? It's outdated legacy code that really does seem to be causing problems.

(Ask RogueThunder for more info about the extensive testing; he spent an entire afternoon playing with it)

Actually, I have been noticing a serious bug with the Erebus mapscript. Extensive testing seems to show that the flavor start built into the mapscript conflicts quite heavily with Flavor 2.0. I don't think I have EVER seen the Mazatl start in jungle in recent history when using Erebus with Flavor Start enabled.

Could the flavor start built into Erebus PLEASE be stripped out? It's outdated legacy code that really does seem to be causing problems.

(Ask RogueThunder for more info about the extensive testing; he spent an entire afternoon playing with it)

I'll check it out. There are more than one possibility to solve this.

1. Switch off Flavour Start 2 for Erebus.
  2. Remove Cephalo's Erebus Flavour Start Code.
  3. Remove Cephalo's starting location code completly, let Civ4 assign the starting plots and reassign them with Flavour Start 2.

I tend to go with number three, but this will very likely lead to more than one civilization starting in one and the same Area. On the other hand it would solve the Python error as a side effect, which occurs, if you want to play Erebus with more civs than Areas are available. I don't know if the first problem is really a problem or rather an advantage. What do you think?

I'll check it out. There are more than one possibility to solve this.
  1. Switch off Flavour Start 2 for Erebus.
  2. Remove Cephalo's Erebus Flavour Start Code.
  3. Remove Cephalo's starting location code completly, let Civ4 assign the starting plots and reassign them with Flavour Start 2.
I tend to go with number three, but this will very likely lead to more than one civilization starting in one and the same Area. On the other hand it would solve the Python error as a side effect, which occurs, if you want to play Erebus with more civs than Areas are available. I don't know if the first problem is really a problem or rather an advantage. What do you think?

The problem with #1 is that non of the FF civs are defined in the mapscript's native flavorstart. And the problem with #3 is that will likely not let the Mazatl get jungle starts, since base Civ will never assign a jungle as a start location to my knowledge. #2 is definitely my preffered fix.

The problem with #1 is that non of the FF civs are defined in the mapscript's native flavorstart.

It's not impossible to add them to the list. Could be useful as a preselection.

And the problem with #3 is that will likely not let the Mazatl get jungle starts, since base Civ will never assign a jungle as a start location to my knowledge.

Don't worry, it does. I saw it happen myself on different kind of maps. And btw: It's not aboslutely necessary for the Maztl to start in the jungle. A nice forested riverside location is almost as good for them as a jungle start.

#2 is definitely my preffered fix.

I'll run some tests and see what 's working best.

The problem with #1 is also that I like Flavor 2.0 much, much better than the flavormod built into Erebus, because of what it does with forts, ancient towers, etc., which to my knowledge the default flavor in Erebus does not do. :)

Oi. I'd be the one who hit erebus+flavorstart 2 alot to test it...

While yes, it occasionaly gives a jungle start to mazatl. Its happening just as often as someone would normally get shafted with a jungle start accidentaly. AKA, accidental in the first place....

Ive done solution #1 several times btw :p I call it ErebusFF XD...

That said, flavor 2.0 REALLY is superior...

Hi there, I couldn't decide what to do, so I decided to go the easy way and let the player decide. :p

I've added a new ingame Map Option to the Erebus map script, which allows you to choose, if you want Civilization IV to do the assignment of starting plots (as on any other map script) or if you want it the Erebus way with only one civilization per valley and Erebus Flavour.

If you also choose Flavour Start from the game options, Flavor Start will redistribute the base starting plots generated by one of two methods mentioned above according to the FlavourMod flavour descriptions.

@RogueThunder: Would you mind posting your ErebusFF map scrip? I would like to take a look.

After looking through the FAQ and opening the Scion Documention thread, I still don't really understand what they are. Are they an obstacle or tool? Could you add a short description of how Scions work to the feature list?

There already is a not very short introduction in the civopedia feature list.

After looking through the FAQ and opening the Scion Documention thread, I still don't really understand what they are. Are they an obstacle or tool?

/slightly puzzled/ Did you catch that they're a civ, "Scions of Patria"?
(Though I think of them as a time sink. ;))

So they're as much an obstacle or tool as, say, the Balseraphs, but without the dubious fashion sense.

/slightly puzzled/ Did you catch that they're a civ, "Scions of Patria"?
(Though I think of them as a time sink. ;))

So they're as much an obstacle or tool as, say, the Balseraphs, but without the dubious fashion sense.

No, I didn't catch that; thanks for the info. I normally just use a random civ, and I hadn't met them yet in the small map games I've played. In my defense, they're not listed with the other new Civs in the first post of this thread (the Feature list and FAQ). The post even mentions that there are seven new civs but only lists six.

No, I didn't catch that; thanks for the info. I normally just use a random civ, and I hadn't met them yet in the small map games I've played. In my defense, they're not listed with the other new Civs in the first post of this thread (the Feature list and FAQ). The post even mentions that there are seven new civs but only lists six.

There are actually 8 now - need to add the Scions to the first post though as you mentioned. The first post is actually just a combination of several other release posts from the original thread that were cobbled together when we got our own forum.

Archos - Spider worshiping barbarians
Chislev - Vengeful tribe
Dural - Artists and scholars
Mazatl - Good Lizards, opposed to Armageddon
Cualli - Evil Lizards, slavery and and power hungry assassins
Kahdi - Ambitious but misguided
Austrin - Explorers and wanderers
Scions - Undead Empire with nostalgia for "the good old days" of Patria

Tarq - do you want to do similar "intro piece" to those for the Archos/Chislev etc, and I'll copy/post it at the top?

Top Bottom